We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

Just now, Len Cnut said:

If you do end up chatting to him don't get onto your penchant for bootlegs eh? :lol:

I don't think he'd care. It's Only Rock'n Roll, the main Stones forum, is well known for its plethora of links and discussions on bootlegs, and youtube has tons of Stones boots. He isn't a cunt you know? He isn't Rose.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't think he'd care. It's Only Rock'n Roll, the main Stones forum, is well known for its plethora of links and discussions on bootlegs, and youtube has tons of Stones boots. He isn't a cunt you know? He isn't Rose.

I think its best to never meet your 'heroes', at least not deliberately.  I had a chance to meet Rotten recently.  70 quid for a meet and greet thing, you go, see him, cop a signature and, i dunno, have a bit of a natter I suppose.  Thought nah, fuck it.  Bit gay innit, at my age, paying to see some bloke, what am i gonna say to him? 'I wehlee like your albumthh Johnnyyyy', fuck that.  Paying to meet someone insults my sense of personal dignity.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I think its best to never meet your 'heroes', at least not deliberately.  I had a chance to meet Rotten recently.  70 quid for a meet and greet thing, you go, see him, cop a signature and, i dunno, have a bit of a natter I suppose.  Thought nah, fuck it.  Bit gay innit, at my age, paying to see some bloke, what am i gonna say to him? 'I wehlee like your albumthh Johnnyyyy', fuck that.  Paying to meet someone insults my sense of personal dignity.

Those paid meet and greets are very embarrassing. It is like prostitution. None of these has beens want to meet nerdy rich fans. They are being paid for it like a prostitute. Surprised Rotten would agree, but then he did do the butter ads and I'm A Celebrity!  

In a place like Lord's you have to act a bit cool, unfazed by celebrity. It is a private gentlemen's club so you will have numerous people milling around, ex-prime ministers, celebrities, royals (Prince Philip was president of the MCC). 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Those paid meet and greets are very embarrassing. It is like prostitution. None of these has beens want to meet nerdy rich fans. They are being paid for it like a prostitute. Surprised Rotten would agree, but then he did do the butter ads and I'm A Celebrity! 

He must be hard up to be doing it in places like The Watford Colloseum :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Middlesex home fixtures for April,

Avoid these dates for the tour. Unless of course you want to watch a day of cricket. Bloody freezing mind, cricket in April.

Lord's incidentally is nowhere near a Tube station. It is a 15 mins hike from St John's Wood, and probably just as long from Baker St. Best get off at St John's Wood tube and hop on a bus to the bottom of the road with the Oyster card. This is what I will do next time. 

Yeah I checked out the dates because the website says some areas are out of bounds on match day. My birthdays the 26th April so Im gonna do the tour on Friday and we'll watch Saturday's play aswell. The websites not easy to book tickets on though. 

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Yeah I checked out the dates because the website says some areas are out of bounds on match day. My birthdays the 26th April so Im gonna do the tour on Friday and we'll watch Saturday's play aswell. The websites not easy to book tickets on though. 

Yes, that area will be the pavilion basically. Sounds like a good itinerary but bring your thermals for the cricket.

They only had e-tickets when Durham were playing, which are shite as I wanted souvenir tickets from Lord's, so I bought them on the day. There is a little booth in the wall next to the Grace ticket. £20 - London prices!

It'll be different next year. When I was there, they were extending the Compton and Edrich stands. The Nursery End was out of bounds and there were tractors and what not. We'll see what they have done when the season starts...

I cannot wait to go back to Lord's in September. I am making the most of Lord's whilst Middlesex are in our division, division two, although we probably have more chance at being promoted than they do. They won the Championship in 2016 then utterly collapsed. Weird. 

Middlesex v Durham last season,

The Long Room looking from where the home players enter,

71498064_10211387066110714_4030794998768

The Long Way looking the other way,

71078177_10211387068390771_1460829617022

Sitting on the terrace outside the Long Room. Nobody is sitting opposite because of renovation work (who am I trying to kid haha?),

71335678_10211387059110539_4385179085437

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

In a place like Lord's you have to act a bit cool, unfazed by celebrity. It is a private gentlemen's club so you will have numerous people milling around, ex-prime ministers, celebrities, royals (Prince Philip was president of the MCC). 

Oh shit i've invited my brother.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Just now, Len Cnut said:

Cricket, West Indies?

I know I know. Being facetious.

Stokes 176 and 78 (and 3 wickets) setting up England victory in second test (and even in the first test defeat scored a couple of 40s and took 6 wickets).

Currently 1-1 with one to play. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I know I know. Being facetious.

Stokes 176 and 78 (and 3 wickets) setting up England victory in second test (and even in the first test defeat scored a couple of 40s and took 6 wickets).

Currently 1-1 with one to play. 

When are they gonna play Pakistan?  I need to know when I can rip the shit out of family and friends, if England win that is :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

When are they gonna play Pakistan?  I need to know when I can rip the shit out of family and friends, if England win that is :lol: 

(This series, originally scheduled for 30 July to 2 September, was rescheduled because of the coronavirus pandemic),

August

5-9 1st Test, Old Trafford (11:00 BST)

13-17 2nd Test, Southampton (11:00 BST)

21-25 3rd Test, Southampton (11:00 BST)

28 1st Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (d/n) (18:00 BST)

30 2nd Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (14:30 BST)

September

1 3rd Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (d/n) (18:00 BST)

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So @DieselDaisy, what are the chances of England doing Pakistan, if you were a betting man I mean?

''Predictions'' and Pakistan? And England also, who have been mercurial for years. With Pakistan I predict they will be thoroughly unpredicatble. Either dog shit or sublime. If I was a betting man I'd find something else to bet on.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

''Predictions'' and Pakistan? And England also, who have been mercurial for years. With Pakistan I predict they will be thoroughly unpredicatble. Either dog shit or sublime. If I was a betting man I'd find something else to bet on.

I just wanted to know if my caning of the family in support of England is going to work out well for me or not :lol: