the Ozzfest questionnaire used to gauge fan reaction to a Slash-less GN’R

Ask Geezer Butler's wife Gloria because she was working alongside Sharon on booking bands for Ozzfest. They prob. did want GNR for Ozzfest but ampitheaters are pretty strict about curfews, it's prob. why GNR rarely ever plays them.

I remember reading about this in Circus magazine back in the day. I guess there were people from (I would assume) Geffen polling people at the first Ozzfest shows (the ones in '96, before it became a tour) about what their reaction would be to various configurations of GNR, including without Slash, with Axl and Slash but not Duff, and without Axl. I lost that magazine a long time ago but that's what I remember. This was right after Axl had released the statement to MTV about Slash leaving the band.

Just seemed like the ramblings of some misguided Axl fan. The most cringeworthy part was him listing Axl selling out HOB with "1800 people" as proof that people wanted to see the new band. Although he did raise a valid point in saying that Beta's role in Axl's life should have been investigated more.

also lol angelfire