TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION -- Official Payoff Trailer

Pretty good movie. The first one is still my favorite... so it goes like this:

1>4>3>2

As the Aerosmith song goes "new version of the old scene"... basically what you expect from Bay's Transformers movie but just slightly different characters and plot. Doesnt mean its not enjoyable. But yeah, its a bit longer than it should be, but its still good.

Humans here are more likable than previous characters by the way.

6.5-7/10

• Like 1

I thought it was just "OK". I'm a super fan of Dark of The Moon but this one was kinda' slow in the beginning. It was too long (2 hrs 45 min.)

and the Dinobots didn't even show up until the last 30 mins of the movie. No real surprises, with the exception of the "Creators". I'll still buy

it on blu-ray. But as the next movie will not have Bay at the helm hopefully it will be better. DOTM is still a far superior movie IMO.

• Like 1

I thought it was just "OK". I'm a super fan of Dark of The Moon but this one was kinda' slow in the beginning. It was too long (2 hrs 45 min.)

and the Dinobots didn't even show up until the last 30 mins of the movie. No real surprises, with the exception of the "Creators". I'll still buy

it on blu-ray. But as the next movie will not have Bay at the helm hopefully it will be better. DOTM is still a far superior movie IMO.

Wait. What? Bay isn't doing the next Transformers movie? I must have missed that, but that news makes me really happy.

^It was said before the movie was made this was his last. He said he wanted to give the next director a new direction to go.

Considering this movie doesn't really have an ending you can see there will be another one, even possibly a new trilogy to come.

Read an article how Chinese actresses were inserted into these movies to help with the box office in China since in the next three years China will become the biggest box office in the world.

Li Bingbing plays a Chinese factory owner. She looks 21 when she's actually 43.

Read an article how Chinese actresses were inserted into these movies to help with the box office in China since in the next three years China will become the biggest box office in the world.

Li Bingbing plays a Chinese factory owner. She looks 21 when she's actually 43.

They've gradually been doing this more and more, and it feels very cynical and calculated to me. For Iron Man 3 they shot a whole extra subplot involving famous Asian actors for the Chinese market, and featured them alongside Robert Downey Jr in the promotional materials. That's part of the reason IM3 made 1.4 billion dollars worldwide.

It's crazy to think that eventually, many years from now, Hollywood may no longer me symbolic of the movie industry. It may shift overseas.

in the chinese version they inserted product placements, like I'm not sure when that chinese guy is hiding on the apartment block in Hong kong, did he whip out a box of milk to suck down? the whole theatre laughed.

What's more troubling for me is how Hollywood is being co-opted by the Chinese Government to portray them in a better light than they deserve - all for the mighty dollar.

I haven't seen this movie, nor do I plan to since the first three were God-awful, but apparently citizens of Hong Kong call on the central government in Beijing to save them, and that its the American officials who are evil while Chinese officials are the saviours. Granted, I'm not blind to the propaganda role Hollywood has played for the U.S. government (and particularly the U.S. military) for nearly a century, but it is a development that I think warrants some concern.

Pretty good movie. The first one is still my favorite... so it goes like this:
1>4>3>2
As the Aerosmith song goes "new version of the old scene"... basically what you expect from Bay's Transformers movie but just slightly different characters and plot. Doesnt mean its not enjoyable. But yeah, its a bit longer than it should be, but its still good.
Humans here are more likable than previous characters by the way.
6.5-7/10

I can agree with this.

Holy fuck Michael Bay is a grade A loser. The movie theatre is literally a 30 second walk from my house so against my better judgement I went to see Transformers tonight. What a big pile of steaming shit. Like seriously who likes that kind of garbage? It really is beyond shit. The Transformers franchise is quite possibly the biggest fuck up in cinematic history. Michael Bay has completely fucked that shit up. If you haven't seen this movie do yourself a favour and don't bother. I am now dumber for seeing it. I'm not kidding it was fucking awful.

1/10 and that's being generous

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

What's more troubling for me is how Hollywood is being co-opted by the Chinese Government to portray them in a better light than they deserve - all for the mighty dollar.

I haven't seen this movie, nor do I plan to since the first three were God-awful, but apparently citizens of Hong Kong call on the central government in Beijing to save them, and that its the American officials who are evil while Chinese officials are the saviours. Granted, I'm not blind to the propaganda role Hollywood has played for the U.S. government (and particularly the U.S. military) for nearly a century, but it is a development that I think warrants some concern.

I didn't notice that but yes it is kind of a conspiracy movie, as the US Government are trying to kill the Autobots. But it's like one mad man because he got passed over for a his dream job or something. This isn't Shakespeare, folks.

What I liked about it was that it was fast paced and they learned to move the movie along by having convos in the middle of car chases. The other 3 Transformer movies put me to sleep, but this is taut and fast. I guess I like Marky Mark more than Shia Leboeff. Also there some more martial type hong hong action scenes in HK.

I mean this isn't The Manchurian Candidate but I enjoyed it and I didn't nod out into my Costa latte.

Holy fuck Michael Bay is a grade A loser. The movie theatre is literally a 30 second walk from my house so against my better judgement I went to see Transformers tonight. What a big pile of steaming shit. Like seriously who likes that kind of garbage? It really is beyond shit. The Transformers franchise is quite possibly the biggest fuck up in cinematic history. Michael Bay has completely fucked that shit up. If you haven't seen this movie do yourself a favour and don't bother. I am now dumber for seeing it. I'm not kidding it was fucking awful.

1/10 and that's being generous

I've only ever watched the first one, but based on what I saw I'm assuming you're right about the rest of the series. I prefer the 80s cartoon Transformers Movie to Bay's version all day every day.

I saw it last night...

IT WAS AWFUL! Terrible characters, story, and dialogue (its Bay, so that is expected), unlikable Autobots (Optimus and all of them were total dicks), seemed entirely boring and unneccesary (one of the two big battles was a smaller rehash of Chicago again), almost no dinobots, devoid of all personality, 3 FUCKING HOURS, etc.

It was all so meaningless and it gets to the point where the special effects don't matter, as flashy CGI is a dime a dozen nowadays.

None of these are good movies, but this one was particulary terrible