May 24, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

Huge fan

Sooo, this was my first GNR concert and I enjoyed it. Actually, since it's not hard to get to Vegas from where I live, I'm going back in a couple of weeks for the last two concerts. Making up for lack of GNR concert experience, I guess.

At one point it sounded like Axl's voice was sort of... painful? As in, it made me cringe a little bit, and the friend I was with (not a GNR fan) said she thought it sounded like it must have hurt.

I think my only other major observations were that I was bored by the new band's solo pieces but I thought it was decent of Axl to give them a bit of ownership (even if maybe he only does it so he can rest, I don't know), and I felt like Paradise City was really compressed. He hit all the notes from the recorded version, but sang them really quickly.

Oh, and the strippers/pole dancers were sort of pointless; it seemed a bit gross and sad that the girl on the screen during "This I Love" looked about 17; and I enjoyed it very much when the underpants landed on Axl's head.

Anyway, I'm sure this is all old news to you guys, but I thought I'd post to say it was a fun show if you don't have any expectations.

• Like 2