Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

I'm listening to the remaster of Born Under A Bad Sign and it is one of the best remasters I've ever heard. It sounds like the band are playing in your bedroom; King's leads have never sounded more crisp. I'm also listened to Blue & Lonesome. I listened to it a handful of times when first released but have just now managed to obtain it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm listening to the remaster of Born Under A Bad Sign and it is one of the best remasters I've ever heard. It sounds like the band are playing in your bedroom; King's leads have never sounded more crisp. I'm also listened to Blue & Lonesome. I listened to it a handful of times when first released but have just now managed to obtain it.

Albert King is a fuckin' one off and like...that album is just glorious.  Hendrix fuckin' REALLY takes it somewhere else though, its fuckin' pure filth, his version. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Albert King is a fuckin' one off and like...that album is just glorious.  Hendrix fuckin' REALLY takes it somewhere else though, its fuckin' pure filth, his version. 

Blues album which basically revived blues. This came out in '67, the year of Sgt Pepper and flower power. People were beginning to see the blues as a bit of historic antiquarianism at that stage, then out comes this original sounding bluesman backed by the Stax sound.

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Blues album which basically revived blues. This came out in '67, the year of Sgt Pepper and flower power. People were beginning to see the blues as a bit of historic antiquarianism at that stage, then out comes this original sounding bluesman backed by the Stax sound.

I'm not sure but I think thats Isaac Hayes on the Joanna there too.