Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

On 20/09/2018 at 8:36 PM, Len Cnut said:

Been listening to Undercover by The Rolling Stones all week, nice little album.  Not the shower of bollocks I was led to believe, weird album, sort of Reggaey, Dub-y, New Wave-ey heavily layered with sleaze and cynicism.

Undercover and Black and Blue is they best shit. 

15 minutes ago, wasted said:

Undercover and Black and Blue is they best shit. 

Black and Blue struck me as immediately quite brilliant but Undercover took a bit of time, its actually REALLY good, I don't understand the criticism.  Been listening to it all week, this morning too, I'm quite stuck on it actually.  Stuck on The Stones in general actually, haven't had such a good time listening to music in ages.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Black and Blue struck me as immediately quite brilliant but Undercover took a bit of time, its actually REALLY good, I don't understand the criticism.  Been listening to it all week, this morning too, I'm quite stuck on it actually.  Stuck on The Stones in general actually, haven't had such a good time listening to music in ages.

If I Was A Dancer is a classic. Too Much Blood is about Ramirez? 

People pick up on Jagger wanting to be mew wave or something and decide it isn’t archetypal Stones. Which album was there response to punk? Might have been Undercover. 

I remember the video for Undercover single. I think Guns used it in the Estranged video. 

15 minutes ago, wasted said:

If I Was A Dancer is a classic. Too Much Blood is about Ramirez? 

People pick up on Jagger wanting to be mew wave or something and decide it isn’t archetypal Stones. Which album was there response to punk? Might have been Undercover. 

I remember the video for Undercover single. I think Guns used it in the Estranged video. 

Is that what Too Much Blood is about, the Night Stalker?  Cool!  Some Girls was the response to punk.  Quite frankly I dunno why they were that bothered about punk.

It seems to me that The Stones just did black music basically, 99% black music, whatever the black music of the day was they were doing it.  Music that like, had its roots in black music.  And thats all it is.  The disco (which is basically soul with a different beat), the reggae, the dub, the funk, all that shit, I kind of see what they're doing with it all and I happen to like all that music to begin with anyway.  Its pretty fuckin' brilliant to me.  I've yet to hear a bad album.  Perhaps those 80s albums weren't so bad, its just you ain't into the music, like the genre that they're doing their take on, or you ain't listened to it so its kinda remote from what you like.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It seems to me that The Stones just did black music basically, 99% black music, whatever the black music of the day was they were doing it.  Music that like, had its roots in black music.  And thats all it is.  The disco (which is basically soul with a different beat), the reggae, the dub, the funk, all that shit, I kind of see what they're doing with it all and I happen to like all that music to begin with anyway.  Its pretty fuckin' brilliant to me.  I've yet to hear a bad album.  Perhaps those 80s albums weren't so bad, its just you ain't into the music, like the genre that they're doing their take on, or you ain't listened to it so its kinda remote from what you like.

To me it’s like more pop rock like Prince or Bowie. Keef was basically the Eminem of the 80s. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Is it Dirty Work or Undercover that has that song, the video of which has Mick and Keith fighting? 

I think Dirty Work, thats my next one once I’m done with Undercover.

28 minutes ago, wasted said:

To me it’s like more pop rock like Prince or Bowie. Keef was basically the Eminem of the 80s. 

Does it sound like pop music though?  I mean all that dub echo, hardly pop.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think Dirty Work, thats my next one once I’m done with Undercover.

Does it sound like pop music though?  I mean all that dub echo, hardly pop.

It’s the production and sound but there’s still stuff out there. Put Too Tough or Pretty Beat Up coukd be like Raspberry Beret or Little Red Corvette. But Feel On isn’t Red, Red Wine. But the format and sound of those albums is pop. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is the one I was discussing,

Mick's barnet haha. 

Thats pretty much the one he had all along, just more managed and deliberate, sort of like Sly in Rambo 2, apparently there was a stylist knocking about the back-breaking boulder-bashing penintentiary he was exiled to :lol: