Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

33 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

fuckin' great aren't they?

Top shelf. The music is so pure. And his voice is just so boss. There's one song, Mystery Train, I can't remember who but someone said that is the perfect song. I can totally understand why they said that. All of it really is damn near perfect.

8 hours ago, J Dog said:

Top shelf. The music is so pure. And his voice is just so boss. There's one song, Mystery Train, I can't remember who but someone said that is the perfect song. I can totally understand why they said that. All of it really is damn near perfect.

He grew to hate those sessions yknow, thought his vocals had too much echo on em, the echo makes me sound great, especially on tracks like Blue Moon.  Blue Moon of Kentucky is quite brilliant too.  If you ask me thats THE song that basically crossed country into rockabilly, you can little hear that whole sub genre being invented in that one song, it sounds country but its juked up.  The originals really cool too:

19 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

He grew to hate those sessions yknow, thought his vocals had too much echo on em, the echo makes me sound great, especially on tracks like Blue Moon.  Blue Moon of Kentucky is quite brilliant too.  If you ask me thats THE song that basically crossed country into rockabilly, you can little hear that whole sub genre being invented in that one song, it sounds country but its juked up.  The originals really cool too:

I actually didn’t know he felt that way. I’m like you, I think the echo adds to it, gives it a certain feeling.

Blue Moon of Kentucky is a stone cold classic. Love it. And the original by Bill Monroe, a legend himself, also has bluegrass legends Flatt and Scruggs playing on it.

I think the Sun Sessions in general along with Blue Moon of Kentucky definitely put the rockabilly sound on the map. Although I like to give some credit to Hank Williams as well. Check out a song called Rockin Chair Money, to me that’s the roots of the rockabilly sound. 

19 hours ago, wasted said:

Tall / Band - Black Crowes

Warpaint - Black Crowes

The Lost Crowes is great. Hard to imagine half of it is pretty much an album that was completely scrapped, and it’s good. That’s crazy.

Warpaint, along with most of their later albums, is really overlooked. Good stuff on there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J Dog said:

The Lost Crowes is great. Hard to imagine half of it is pretty much an album that was completely scrapped, and it’s good. That’s crazy.

Warpaint, along with most of their later albums, is really overlooked. Good stuff on there.

Southern Harmony is the best album of the 90s. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J Dog said:

I actually didn’t know he felt that way. I’m like you, I think the echo adds to it, gives it a certain feeling.

Blue Moon of Kentucky is a stone cold classic. Love it. And the original by Bill Monroe, a legend himself, also has bluegrass legends Flatt and Scruggs playing on it.

I think the Sun Sessions in general along with Blue Moon of Kentucky definitely put the rockabilly sound on the map. Although I like to give some credit to Hank Williams as well. Check out a song called Rockin Chair Money, to me that’s the roots of the rockabilly sound. 

I never really looked at Hank Williams that way but now I think about it you do sort of see touches of it in there.

12 hours ago, wasted said:

Southern Harmony is the best album of the 90s. 

Fantastic album. Maybe my favorite of theirs. Really, their first three albums out the gate were all killer.

6 hours ago, username said:

Before The Frost / Until The Freeze is great too. 

Yeah I’m a big fan of it. Really solid.

Lions might be the only one I call weak, and there’s still some good tunes on that one.

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I never really looked at Hank Williams that way but now I think about it you do sort of see touches of it in there.

Yeah small touches here and there. Not Elvis or Buddy Holly or anything, it’s just certain songs, especially some of his deeper cuts you can hear it.

Rockin Chair Money is the best example I can think of. It would need to be a tad speeded up and some more instruments but the idea and feel of the song has rockabilly written all over.