Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

3 minutes ago, action said:

I've watched it two days ago, as a matter of fact. 

great, great performance.

but there is certain sadness and loneliness in his eyes. I see a clear invisible wall between Elvis and the exctatic crowd full of cheering ladies. that was no rock n roll audience, and I can't honestly feel how Elvis felt at home there

Well how the hell is Freddie Mercury (or anyone for that matter?) into it on a stadium stage?

1 minute ago, action said:

the diego maradona of rock n roll

I posted Pele up there!

1 minute ago, action said:

that's not difficult to answer. the various sing along interactions with the public. elvis never did that.

Why should the public be asked to sing - Rose did with Heaven's Dawawa also? I'm the paying customer. You're the singer. You sing the song you lazy wanker. 

• Haha 2

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Why should the public be asked to sing - Rose did with Heaven's Dawawa also? I'm the paying customer. You're the singer. You sing the song you lazy wanker. 

the customer is king, as they say.

I want to feel entertained, I want to feel a connection with the artist. otherwise I could just put on a record at home!

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Thank you, this ain’t a 1940s pub :lol: 

1 minute ago, soon said:

He looks like an Easter Egg after he takes his blazer off. And did he wear knee pads?

He’d better have the way he did those jumps onto his knees.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Stadiums are cold impersonal, there’s no such thing as stadium rock n roll, not really.

motley crue, AC/DC, the rolling stones, guns n roses, metallica..... their music comes alive in a stadium setting. fire, confetti, strippers, madness, moshpits...

you know, there was music made after 1959, you're aware of that yes? :P

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I posted Pele up there!

pele is a boring wannabee

diego is smoke and mirrors (and the last part, you can take litterally)

Just now, action said:

motley crue, AC/DC, the rolling stones, guns n roses, metallica..... their music comes alive in a stadium setting. fire, confetti, strippers, madness, moshpits...

you know, there was music made after 1959, you're aware of that yes? :P

Rock n Roll ain’t fuckin’ Coca Cola sponsored bullshit, its played in cavernous dives and bars and clubs, stadiums are for selling hot dogs.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Stand a million miles away from a couple of dots of a prefab stage and watch the show on a giant telly hanging over ya...and get yourself a T shirt on the way out for 20 quid, bollocks to that.

on the contrary my dear watson, that must be the single most uplifting performance I ever seen. that's something else than the granny music from the 50s, which my granddad is humming along to, with his pipe and dangling his knee

2 minutes ago, action said:

on the contrary my dear watson, that must be the single most uplifting performance I ever seen. that's something else than the granny music from the 50s, which my granddad is humming along to, with his pipe and dangling his knee

And thats modern is it?  I had to google the wankers to find out who they were, Europop/disco?  Welcome to 1972 :lol:  

• Haha 1

And thats modern is it?  I had to google the wankers to find out who they were, Europop/disco?  Welcome to 1972 :lol:  

they are an absolute phenomenon, almost identifiying them with a whole nation. I see "the toppers" I see dutch attitude, partying, laughing, having a good time. it's one of the most purest examples of music directly stemming from a base culture, it basically advertises itself. 

3 minutes ago, action said:

they are an absolute phenomenon, almost identifiying them with a whole nation. I see "the toppers" I see dutch attitude, partying, laughing, having a good time. it's one of the most purest examples of music directly stemming from a base culture, it basically advertises itself. 

I never thought I’d see the day where you’d be lecturing me on modernism :lol: 

I never thought I’d see the day where you’d be lecturing me on modernism :lol: 

yeah I guess It's come to something when someone who refuses to go past the 90s lectures someone who refuses to go past the 50s :lol:.

so yeah, compared to you, I guess you could call me a modernist :lol: 

8 minutes ago, action said:

It's basically just carnival without the history and tradition behind it, isn't it? Adults dressing up, singing along to medleys, drinking a lot and having a good time. I'd rather get kicked in the balls repeatedly than attend a Toppers concert, but each to their own.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, action said:

yeah I guess It's come to something when someone who refuses to go past the 90s lectures someone who refuses to go past the 50s :lol:.

so yeah, compared to you, I guess you could call me a modernist :lol: 

See therein lies the issue, I’m way past the 90s, I could go on at length about 50 Cent, Eminem, hip hop in general pre and post 90s, Grime, Garage etc etc etc but who’d listen on a forum full of metallers? :lol:  I could talk about Sleaford Mods or Mike Skinner or Tempa T or Wiley but someone around here would have to know who they are first :lol: 

29 minutes ago, action said:

Also, this is not what I associate with the Dutch, the south perhaps who have a Burgundian background (like the Belgians) and who are more known for celebrating and enjoying life with food, drink, etc., but the rest of the country comes from a Calvinist background which doesn't really gel with ''partying, laughing, having a good time'' as you see it. Not that it's so black or white anymore nowadays, but that's not how I would associate them.