Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Mayhem's new album Esoteric Warfare. Pretty thin sound overall, it's a shame, but the songs had some potential

still haven't gotten around to listening to it yet.

jackson browne- running on empty

Just about done with the new Tesla album.

Very very very disappointed, their last one wasn't too great either, but this is a whole new level of poor songwriting. They should not have produced it themselves.... though I doubt even Eddie Kramer could have fixed this awfully unoriginal and repetitive songwriting. Shame really, they had some really great hard rock albums from '86-'04; always a good live band though.

In 1977 Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue became the first solo LP to be released by a member of the Beach Boys. Dennis, the band's surfer, drummer and free spirit, emerged from the shadow of his older brother, pop genius Brian Wilson, and shocked everyone with a sound and style unlike any other. Over thirty years later Pacific Ocean Blue remains arguably the greatest solo work by a Wilson.

Fans who have long clamored for a proper Dennis Wilson CD release will delight in this moment, while newcomers will be amazed as they discover the musical treasure within one of rock's true cult classics. This is Dennis Wilson sailing into historic territory... daring and beautiful like the sea itself.

131963-a.jpg

dennis wilson - pacific ocean blue

Edited by supercool

in_the_aeroplane-turns_ten.jpg

Can someone not named LiveFromNormal explain what's so great about this album?

It features great songs... The overall production and the many different instruments used, the melodies and especially the lyrics is what make this album superb. It is a fun album to listen to from start to end, and at the same time it is still obvious that a lot of work and dedication has been put into every single song.

I hate explaining why I like some music and I'm really not good at it. But I hope you get the idea. :) And the points I mentioned are not even the main reasons why I like it. I get carried away when I listen to it and that makes it good to me, and if you don't like it, that's fine. But it's all about getting the right introduction when it comes to understanding "new" music. So I think it would be ignorant to call it a bad album just because it doesn't appeal to you and where you are right now, because it obviously is not. (I know you didn't call it bad, but to many people music is bad if they don't understand it... And I'm tired of hearing that.)

Yesterday I gave this album a spin for the 100th time, and it still blows my mind:

In_Rainbows_Official_Cover.jpg

• Like 1

Body Count -- Manslaughter

i havent listened to it yet, is it any good?

It is. I wouldn't call it a 5 star masterpiece but it's good. Nice cover of Suicidal's Institutionalized with great new, Ice T lyrics

definitely have to try it out i liked the single. never been a fan of rap but i love how ice t implements it with metal in a very good balance that complements both styles very well.

It is. I wouldn't call it a 5 star masterpiece but it's good. Nice cover of Suicidal's Institutionalized with great new, Ice T lyrics

definitely have to try it out i liked the single. never been a fan of rap but i love how ice t implements it with metal in a very good balance that complements both styles very well.

yeah, it's a good mix...and ice t got better with every album

and it's not anywhere near the nu metal rap rock of years ago..

• Like 1

yeah, it's a good mix...and ice t got better with every album

and it's not anywhere near the nu metal rap rock of years ago..

yeah exactly, that was a bad time :lol:

• Like 1