May 28, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

Just ate at the hard rock and met Vince Neil . To my surprise, very humble.

That's awesome....he seems cool. I know he lives in Vegas but it can't be that he's coincidentally at the HR on an Axl show night. He's probably hoping to see Axl perform. The question is will TB/Axl allow him in venue or ban him ala Slash a few years back?

I wish they'd play Oh My God! I don't like the song but it would be different

OMG would be awesome but Axl cant sing it, they should atleast, as a minimum, play Going Down and another new song.

I know I just said I hated that song, but I watched the rio performance and it was pretty badass. His voice on the last minute of that song was amazing!! Classic 90's Axl vocals. Too bad his mic was so low during that concert.

http://youtu.be/wyMAPNu3u9s

OMG would be awesome but Axl cant sing it, they should atleast, as a minimum, play Going Down and another new song.

I know I just said I hated that song, but I watched the rio performance and it was pretty badass. His voice on the last minute of that song was amazing!! Classic 90's Axl vocals. Too bad his mic was so low during that concert.

Fucking hell, where was that rasp for the rest of 01/02?

That's kinda what I was thinking watching that! His return would have been a lot smoother if he had maintained his rasp.

That's kinda what I was thinking watching that! His return would have been a lot smoother if he had maintained his rasp.

The sustained high notes he was able to hit and just generally his overall energy in those two years, man, if he had the rasp to go with it, it would've been incredible. I really feel like he tried to go clean during those years, cause you can occasionally hear the rasp snake dance it's way in. On songs like OMG there and SOD in Boston and stuff. Or Live and Let Die's screams. It's there, but he just wasn't using it. These days I think he tries to go for it sometimes and it's not there.

The sustained high notes he was able to hit and just generally his overall energy in those two years, man, if he had the rasp to go with it, it would've been incredible. I really feel like he tried to go clean during those years, cause you can occasionally hear the rasp snake dance it's way in. On songs like OMG there and SOD in Boston and stuff. Or Live and Let Die's screams. It's there, but he just wasn't using it. These days I think he tries to go for it sometimes and it's not there.

Yea it definitely sounded like he was going for the clean voice in 02. It might have worked if he wasn't already famous. That's one thing I wish Axl would talk about more. He avoids talking about his own voice and how it's evolved.

Yea it definitely sounded like he was going for the clean voice in 02. It might have worked if he wasn't already famous. That's one thing I wish Axl would talk about more. He avoids talking about his own voice and how it's evolved.

I think just not admitting faults is a part of it. Like coming out and going all "I tried something different then, it didn't really work so well. Now these days I'm just not as vocally strong as I used to be." would kinda be like admitting he's not what he used to be. I mean, who likes to admit they're not the best anyway? Let alone some famous rock singer saying he can't sing like he used to.