I need best "Catcher In The Rye" performance ever

I want to introduce this song to a friend of mine who has no clue about the "Chinese Democracy" album. I think Catcher is one of the best songs out of it and since it has no official video <_< I can't do my magic.

So I need your help, since you are all so much into YouTube stuff, to find a good video with the best performance of this song (the best Axl you had ever seen). And by best, I also mean footage that is good quality both visually and of course, audio. If its pro-shot or from some televised show, better.

Don't point me out to full shows. I need only one song.

Ok, now YOU do the magic.

And thank you very much in advance :popcorn:

I want to introduce this song to a friend of mine who has no clue about the "Chinese Democracy" album. I think Catcher is one of the best songs out of it and since it has no official video <_< I can't do my magic.

So I need your help, since you are all so much into YouTube stuff, to find a good video with the best performance of this song (the best Axl you had ever seen). And by best, I also mean footage that is good quality both visually and of course, audio. If its pro-shot or from some televised show, better.

There's no worst way to present Chinese Democracy to somebody than through Cathcer in the Rye. Why not to try Better, This I love, Chinese, Sorry?

There's no worst way to present Chinese Democracy to somebody than through Cathcer in the Rye. Why not to try Better, This I love, Chinese, Sorry?

Because they are not "rocker" type and Catcher is beautiful, beatlesque, queenesque.

Better is awesome but too hard-rock. This I love makes me depressed (but maybe I show them later the instrumental version). Chinese is bleh and Sorry is too long and ZzzZZzz for not gunners.

Just gimme what I asked :bitchfight:

Why not show him the studio versions first? If its about having a video to watch, try slasherr's fan music video of it

Because this is how we share music nowadays, through Facebook walls, not like "come home imma make you listen to some shit".

We are modern kids :P

My apologies, I didn't realize you aren't able or are capable of sharing studio versions of songs through Facebook. Jeez,I need to get "wit" it and get "hip" as all these modern kids say.

Honestly, the best version of Catcher is the Brian May demo - that blew me away when I first heard it - the album version sucks thanks to BBFs wanky solos through the outro and the whole vibe is just different to the almost glam/Queen/Beatle-esq vibe the demo had.

and I haven't heard a decent live version either - such a waste of song that had such great potential :(

I was let down by the CD version too. I felt like it lost that "AM radio/1970s" ballad kinda feel.

And I know why...it wasn't the production or the solos or any of that....it's cause the demo was from a low-fi source...likely a tape.

It just sounded better in shittier quality. It lost its charm when it was digitized and cleaned up.

• Like 1

I was let down by the CD version too. I felt like it lost that "AM radio/1970s" ballad kinda feel.

And I know why...it wasn't the production or the solos or any of that....it's cause the demo was from a low-fi source...likely a tape.

It just sounded better in shittier quality. It lost its charm when it was digitized and cleaned up.

Shittier quality created the illusion of rasp :P

No

I just hate this boring piece of shit tune

Honestly, the best version of Catcher is the Brian May demo - that blew me away when I first heard it - the album version sucks thanks to BBFs wanky solos through the outro and the whole vibe is just different to the almost glam/Queen/Beatle-esq vibe the demo had.

and I haven't heard a decent live version either - such a waste of song that had such great potential :(

Yeah, I love that one too...

It does have a semi-official video as this was posted on youtube, supposedly using video shot for use during concerts; it uses the album version though.

It's a song IMO you should discover listening to the album version (maybe even the demo for curiosity sake) as there is so much going on that tends to get drowned in live performance.

I hope the upcoming blu-ray will have a great version of it!

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 1