Interesting Tweet from Susan Holmes McKagan

Guest Gunns

It wouldn't be the first time that Jarmo has denied something that is actually the truth.

I'm pretty sure that Izzy's been in vegas for the past few days at least (rehearsing with the band etc)

The crazy shit is, if Axl and Slash ever got over their shit, they'd probably play and work better together today than they ever did in their career. Possibly off topic, but just thinking about how cool it would be if they were all up there on stage.

that would be amazingly cool!!!

we need slash!!!!!

I imagine Axl called Izzy to tell him that he is welcome to join them for any show. Izzy probably told Axl he would like to be there if Duff makes another appearance and Axl probably said he wasn't sure if it would be a good idea. Izzy probably told Axl it wouldn't matter unless it was Slash and he just wanted to see Duff again so Axl agreed.

DJ says Izzy might show up tonight or tomorrow.

Izzy + Duff + Axl full of rasp

I think i would call this band Guns n' Roses then

No so fast, at this point Izzy is more of a rumor thing than a sure thing. And we don´t know Duff role this time around. Tommy is there so Duff might be a guest for a couple of songs. I hope he plays the whole show but we don´t know for sure.

Axl had concerns about having the past members all on stage because it came off as undermining what he spent years rebuilding, but at this point, it doesn't really matter.

Duff is pretty much in regular contact with everyone, so he probably knows what Izzy's doing as much as Axl does.

Axl had concerns about having the past members all on stage because it came off as undermining what he spent years rebuilding, but at this point, it doesn't really matter.

i think axl's comments about 'duff being a different duff than the one i knew in the old days' or whatever he said (paraphrasing there) says a lot, and has possibly changed his mind a bit about working with him.

Duff is pretty much in regular contact with everyone, so he probably knows what Izzy's doing as much as Axl does.

i think axl's comments about 'duff being a different duff than the one i knew in the old days' or whatever he said (paraphrasing there) says a lot, and has possibly changed his mind a bit about working with him. it may also be what causes him to realize that people do mature and change as they grow older and sometimes you have to put aside petty bullshit from the past.

Hey Axl! Slash is clean now, too! :awesomeface:

i think axl's comments about 'duff being a different duff than the one i knew in the old days' or whatever he said (paraphrasing there) says a lot, and has possibly changed his mind a bit about working with him.

I also think he respected Duff for stepping up and doing the ChiDem songs, we have to remember Pitman also played bass on the album and Chris would have been doing double duty. They probably have enough people in the band including the techs to cover any possible "man down" situations.

i honestly feel like the whole duff thing could be eye-opening for axl wrt to ideas of slash/reuniting the old band even just for a couple songs, but who knows.

i've said this before and won't go on a full rant but tl;dr - duff was probably my least favourite member in the old days because he was so drugged-up that he didn't have much personality on stage (well, maybe not least favourite but i certainly preferred slash and izzy and axl) -- today i think he's my favourite. he's a fucking stand-up dude, his book was great, i respect his message and what he's been through, i like tommy too but i think at this point i'd love to see duff back in there and i think he'd be a good influence on axl.

• Like 1

In 2006, I attended a Gnr show at the joint. Axl did tell the audience Izzy was suppose to be here, but was lost in the driving around the desert.

Even IF someone caught wind of an Izzy appearance it would be a big maybe, Izzy does his own thing

Yeah, there were a couple of shows in 2006 and I think one in 2012 where Izzy was supposed to show up and he didn't.

I don't think Izzy knows when he'll be in Vegas. lol

Izzy drives his own personal bus now, so who knows how long it'll take to get to Vegas and show knows where he's started from?

I'm sure if Izzy really wants to play with Axl and GNR, he will get to Vegas in time for the last shows.

It's cool that Duff will be there to play again.

I think these are the only two original GNR members Axl would allow to play with him.

No way Slash or Matt would ever play with Axl again.

Matt spoke to Axl in 2006 so I don't imagine there's any bad blood between them anymore. Plus its not like it would be a treat to have Matt play live with GNR today.

Yeah it's doubtful they have any bad blood. Treat- it'd be kinda cool...another glimpse of old Guns....(back when they were so damn good)

Matt spoke to Axl in 2006 so I don't imagine there's any bad blood between them anymore. Plus its not like it would be a treat to have Matt play live with GNR today.

Yeah it's doubtful they have any bad blood. Treat- it'd be kinda cool...another glimpse of old Guns....(back when they were so damn good)

I don't think Matt's done many UYI era songs, but I did find this one.

Compared to -

Actually, I think having Matt as a guest would be cool. That way someone can finally play the drum intro of YCBM correctly.