Gunman at large in Moncton, NB - 3 RCMP officers dead

bacardimayne

jJtJtUY.png

j7kpdJF.jpg

The New Brunswick RCMP have confirmed that three officers have been killed and two have been wounded in a shooting in Moncton.

A police manhunt is still underway for Justin Bourque, 24. The RCMP say Bourque is considered "armed and dangerous."

"There is an active shooter in the Moncton area. Were asking residents to stay in their homes and lock their doors," said Rogers-Marsh.

At 10:05 p.m. AT RCMP said the shooter was near the Costco.

The Horizon Health Network has confirmed on Twitter that the Moncton Hospital has received two patients with gunshot wounds. The hospital is restricting visitors to those with "critically ill family members."

The RCMP are advising people in the Hildegard Drive and Ryan Road area to stay inside "due to an ongoing shooting in the area."

The RCMP tweeted at 9:35 p.m. that the shooter is believed to be in the woods near Pinehurst Park.

Motorists were warned to avoid the Plaza Boulevard area.

Parts of Wheeler Boulevard are cordoned off and traffic on Mountain Road is backed up.

A police helicopter is flying in the area.

The shooting has rattled people living in the city's north end.

Will Njoku said he was emptying his dishwasher and putting his young children to bed just before 8 p.m. when he heard popping sounds.

"Within 30 seconds I heard sirens," he said.

Njoku said he heard five more shots after the sirens.

"Were scared, obviously. Were more terrified for the people who this shooter is basically in their backyard. I can picture these peoples houses," he said.

When the news broke that there was a shooter on the loose, Njoku said, he went out on his street to warn his neighbours.

"I felt pretty dumb. But there was people going down there. I just know my neighbourhood. Its just kid city," he said.

New Brunswick Premier David Alward issued a statement about the Moncton police shootings.

"I was shocked and saddened to learn of tonight's tragic situation in Moncton," Alward said.

"On behalf of all New Brunswickers, I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to those affected. I would ask New Brunswickers, particularly in those areas identified by police, to follow the situation as it develops and to listen to the advice of police."

Moncton Mayor George LeBlanc also asked city residents to stay indoors.

"Terrible sad news for Moncton. Stay indoors and allow police to do their job. Prayers for the families," LeBlanc tweeted.

The CBC's Kate Letterick is on the scene. Follow @letterickCBC for emerging details.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/3-rcmp-officers-dead-2-wounded-in-moncton-shooting-1.2665359

Edited by bacardimayne

People have already set up facebook pages & posters really believe it's him & are telling him how he will be traced etc. Sheesh some people are vulnerable, how can they really believe it's him??? :shrugs:

There is a Justin Oliver Bourque on fb but can't tell if it's the same one, also from the same place.

Lets hope he's caught really soon, I take it that RCMP are the mounted police?

How does one guy take out five police officers single-handedly? Must have been an ambush.

yeah thinking same thing. it would be one thing to kill that many and be apprehended or even killed. yet to kill 3 policeman and get away, it was either incredible luck or it was a well planned out event IMO.

Lets hope he's caught really soon, I take it that RCMP are the mounted police?

Yeah, RCMP stands for Royal Canadian Mounted Police. They are Canada's federal police force, akin to America's FBI. And unless it's a sports event or some sort of gala, they are generally never mounted on horses anymore.

• Like 1

this guy seemed like he was the hunter survivalist type, i wonder how long before they capture him.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if he had watched this movie one too many times:

rambo-first-blood-331361.jpg

only in america....

Every ten years vs. every 2 weeks

35 million people vs. 320 million people.

Except even on per capita basis, the rate of mass shootings in the U.S. is far greater than it is in Canada.

• Like 1

:lol: no doubt. reading some of the stuff on his facebook he seemed like he was a ticking time bomb. some of his postings almost sounded like some of the crazed militant types from the states :lol:

• Like 1

:lol: no doubt. reading some of the stuff on his facebook he seemed like he was a ticking time bomb. some of his postings almost sounded like some of the crazed militant types from the states :lol:

Thanks to guys like this and Rob Ford, I think more and more Americans are realizing us Canadians can do crazy just as well as our southern neighbours. :P

Thanks to guys like this and Rob Ford, I think more and more Americans are realizing us Canadians can do crazy just as well as our southern neighbours. :P

Don't forget about our little wager ;)

Don't forget about our little wager ;)

Oh, don't worry. I haven't forgotten. And by every indication, it's looking pretty good on my end :)

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/06/03/toronto-mayoral-election-poll-tracker.html

• Like 1