June 7, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery! (Final Show of Residency)

magisme

I don't really give a shit what the info is regarding the end of Vegas or Ron. Nobody else should either.

The constant begging and shit isn't gettin anywhere. It only drives up the value of the so-called info. Same goes for the bootlegs that people are holding. If nobody gave a shit, nobody would give a shit. It's that simple.

If Ron leaves, good for him. Thank him for touring. Thank him for helping on the album. Thank him for his pleasant fan interactions. It's the best we can do. He put his solo career on hold for essentially 8 years to go nowhere but sideways. I mean, it's gotta be a pain in the dick to be a composer and tour constantly for 8 years playing songs you had no part in writing.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

Yea the Bumble thing is great and all but who cares? Because Axl just put rasp back on paradise city!!!

Yes! Rasp. In the year 2014 Axl Rose sang Paradise City with rasp! I think because of the lack of videos this last show was highly underrated. His vocals are amazing!

Estranged

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 2

Do you think Axl actually reads thru these shitstorm threads and decides to give the forum nerds something to analyze or actually decides on a whim, he's obviously visited to much hilarity and awesome insight before and whined about bitching online people, but do you reckon he gauges the collective mood of the online community to see how his GNR vision is doing? Obviously everyone at shows has a great time even when it was the same set rinsed and repeated and he didn't seem in the best form, still a heck of a show but no one's gonna have a critique during a 2.5hr guns show, are they? He must be interested in what the GNR community thinks of what he's doing with the band. Like, I've said it before but if the net was around back in the day, he'd probably be on Zepp and Queen boards raging or rejoicing and the guy obv uses the net periodically.

My guess is that as long as the shows are ending for a while, he didn't actively controlled 'not to rasp'. When we are singing, the "right way" to do it is letting the air flow free, and it results in a pure voice. Opera singers do that, but they have a limited range. When Axl sings high notes that way (only in the head voice and not rasping), people may not like it, but he can sing a lot of shows, day after day. When he rasp, the main notes come with a lot of harmonics, and it gives it the effect that people like, and that is his trademark. I think he couldn't do it for many shows without damaging his vocal chords again. But it's only my opinion. What do you people think?

Great.

Maybe if they could let the public know which shows he will use his rasp, then I might actually consider attending one.

Otherwise, I'm not spending my cash on the 98% of shows in which sounds like complete shit and most common folk could likely do better......

The only downer about all this?

Axl hits his stride......sounding the best he has in years..............just in time for..................the band going on vacation.

Maybe that's why? Maybe if he sang like this in South America he'd have sounded in Vegas like he actually did in South America? :shrugs: After Philly 2012 he didn't sing that well again until, well, these shows. There's a quote from the 2nd Hammerstein show where Axl says if Sebastian Bach hadn't got a vocal coach to help Axl out, he had lost his voice completely after the first night.