Robin Finck Solo Album

What on earth is "haircut rock"? And Robins better solo one of the few Guns solos that actually isn't a cheap trick thrown into the middle of a song to please the mullets. Great musicianship.

:rofl-lol:

Better then all of Slash's AL solos combined.

• Like 1

What on earth is "haircut rock"? And Robins better solo one of the few Guns solos that actually isn't a cheap trick thrown into the middle of a song to please the mullets. Great musicianship.

Oh dear...

I kinda hate myself for admitting this -- but this has me way way more excited than listening to a new Slash album :(

Maybe Robin can give Slash a call to guest on 2 or 3 songs, but only if he publicly admits Finck is better then the old one.

Oh dear...

ALL THAT I WANTED WAS... rock4:robin:rock4

• Like 2

Guest Gunns

I hope the album isn't too predictable industrial shit, and more organic sounding.

I will probably love a few songs from it, hate most of it and think what's left is ok but won't be good enough for me to be listening to it ever again.

Basically like the last few nine inch nails albums.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that Robin would make an industrial record. Not sure why you'd even make that assumption. And the last few NIN albums weren't industrial in any way shape or form anyways. But even if they were, you realize that Robin hasn't written with NIN other than a couple co-creation credits for remixes, right?

Yeah Gunns, the last few NIN albums aren't industrial, they're haircut rock.

What is haircut rock? A couple people have asked you in this thread. I don't think it's going to catch on around here like you hope if you won't even explain what it means...

Funny, didn't you admit on this forum that you stopped listening after With Teeth? Therefore you haven't heard the last few albums and beyond, yet you still whine like you know what you're talking about and post "lol trent" every 5 seconds.

Guys, we have a thread for Robin with NIN. This is about his solo album. Don't turn it into another thread with DOOM crying about NIN ffs.

You're the one that brought up NIN Broski.

I was just agreeing with you that the last few albums haven't been industrial, they've progressed to haircut rock.

Haircut rock is exactly the same as Nobody puts baby in a corner, buttrock and dadrock but with cooler haircuts.

You're the one that brought up NIN Broski.

I was just agreeing with you that the last few albums haven't been industrial, they've progressed to haircut rock.

Haircut rock is exactly the same as Nobody puts baby in a corner, buttrock and dadrock but with cooler haircuts.

Umm, no I didn't http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/207874-robin-finck-solo-album/?p=3794711

You haven't listened to those albums. You've said so yourself on the forum. Therefore you're trolling. :shrugs:

Guest Gunns

. And the last few NIN albums weren't industrial in any way shape or form anyways. But even if they were, you realize that Robin hasn't written with NIN other than a couple co-creation credits for remixes, right?

When did I say the last few nin albums were industrial broskidchild?

I said I hope Robin doesn't go that way with his solo record. Irregardless if it's anything like Better which you deem as Dad rock, then it should have potential to be a good record.

Dad rock awaits, let's relive the 80s with finck lol

Take a closer look, you are the first person to mention NIN in this thread.

I'm just stating my opinion, that's what forums are for.

If you don't like it just ignore it.

You're opinion is invalid. You admitted on this forum the other week you haven't heard those albums. Unless you recently gave them a listen, then you come off as trolling. :shrugs:

In any case, there's other threads for that.

. And the last few NIN albums weren't industrial in any way shape or form anyways. But even if they were, you realize that Robin hasn't written with NIN other than a couple co-creation credits for remixes, right?

When did I say the last few nin albums were industrial broskidchild?

I said I hope Robin doesn't go that way with his solo record. Irregardless if it's anything like Better which you deem as Dad rock, then it should have potential to be a good record.

Dad rock awaits, let's relive the 80s with finck lol

I don't deem Better as dadrock nor any of ChiDem. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Guest Gunns

That's because you have a bias towards anything fincks done, by your own definition of Dad rock, better is exactly that. You can't have two definitions, even if you made the dumb ass term.

Chinese Democracy was released in 2008 with completely different musicians than the ones who made what I consider dadrock, and is in a different style as just about everyone who has listened to it has acknowledged. I don't consider it dadrock because it isn't. Has nothing to do with Robin.

And fyi I didn't make up the term. Nor is it necessarily derogatory. I'm listening to a Billy Joel live album right now. And he's the king of dadrock. But I still like it.

You're opinion is invalid. You admitted on this forum the other week you haven't heard those albums. Unless you recently gave them a listen, then you come off as trolling. :shrugs:

Oh please.

I see you can't acknowledge the fact that it was YOU that first mentioned NIN in this thread and now you're crying foul that people are talking about NIN? :facepalm:

Oh please.

I see you can't acknowledge the fact that it was YOU that first mentioned NIN in this thread and now you're crying foul that people are talking about NIN? :facepalm:

If you're talking about the OP then yes, you could say I technically I did "mention" them by directly quoting an interview excerpt that was focused on his solo album. Come off it. It's obvious that isn't the point of this thread. And it's obvious that you're trolling.

I see you can't acknowledge the fact that you admitted to not listening to the albums you were referencing earlier this month. But I guess we'll just ignore that and pretend it never happened.

And the last few NIN albums weren't industrial in any way shape or form anyways. But even if they were, you realize that Robin hasn't written with NIN other than a couple co-creation credits

First mention of NIN in this thread, actually 2 mentions in the one post.

I have heard those haircut rock albums, they're clichéd and just suck.

But this thread is about Robin, not NIN- there's another thread for that.

And the last few NIN albums weren't industrial in any way shape or form anyways. But even if they were, you realize that Robin hasn't written with NIN other than a couple co-creation credits

First mention of NIN in this thread, actually 2 mentions in the one post.

I have heard those haircut rock albums, they're clichéd and just suck.

But this thread is about Robin, not NIN- there's another thread for that.

Wrong yet again. Did you read the post right before the one you quoted? http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/207874-robin-finck-solo-album/?p=3794711

You haven't heard those albums. You said so yourself. Here's a direct quote from you from earlier this month.

I'm familiar with NIN up to the mid 2000's I think, I like Pretty Hate Machine the best.

Mid 2000s would mean that the last album you listened to was With Teeth. There have been 4 studio albums since then. Therefore you haven't listened to the last few.

Way to contradict yourself. Obvious cupcake is obvious. :lol:

Run along now and stop shitting up the thread.

Edited by Broskirose

Well it just goes to show you even I am not perfect :P

I listened to those NIN albums after we had that discussion actually, they are boring, clichéd haircut rock and very predictable.

Anyway, as I said I think Robin's album is either going to be great or shit, and I hope their isn't any buttrock, dadrock or Nobody puts baby in a corner efforts from him on there.

Yeah suuuuuure you did. :rolleyes: Year Zero is hardly rock at all. Ghosts I-IV isn't rock in the slightest. And there's nothing clichéd about those albums. But whatever, maybe we just have vastly different definitions of rock? I'll take your word for it (only because I literally give zero fucks).

I hope so too.

Yeah suuuuuure you did. :rolleyes: Year Zero is hardly rock at all. Ghosts I-IV isn't rock in the slightest. And there's nothing clichéd about those albums. But whatever, maybe we just have vastly different definitions of rock? I'll take your word for it (only because I literally give zero fucks).

You so obviously give zero fucks :P

I actually did listen to them and they are clichéd, predictable and boring.

I guess some people just despise the taste of their own dick medicine...