Axl vs Slash, something we don't know?

I'm telling you, Slash stuck his wenis in Steph's wagina.

After 20 yers, this has been the reason why I opened this thread.Marc, what is the chance their differences were other than musical!?
Nothing to do with girlfriends. all to do with the music and how the music would be recorded and how much money would be spent making the music and who would be in the band writing the music and who would be recording the music and what kind of music they would be doing.

so if you took a shot. After TSI came out

1) who would have remained from the UYI line up?

I remember in 1992, Ax spoke fondly of Matt, saying 'he will explode on the next album', after YCBM, DTJ, Back of bitch, Don't damn me..., I expect next album must have been planned as heavier!? Yet, Axl apperantly wanted more electronical influence?

2) Anyone else other than Paul Huge did Axl plan to have in?

3) was Gilby already out? After all, he was still in TSI line up. What was the point Axl chucked him out?

4) Axl said music Slash/Gilby wrote was too much like AC/DC, were Slash/Gilby an writing force by then?

1/ 2/ Tobias joined circa October 1994. Axl's plans for him are all a bit vague and full of 'Axl speak'. He brought Tobias in to do some 'writing' with Slash. He seems to have envisioned Tobias in the 'Izzy Stradlin', songwriter, role - for some reason, he never saw Clarke as a writing partner. Whether he saw Tobias as a proper member is open to conjecture; Axl also wanted Zakk Wylde in the band a few months later but it is not clear whether this was at Tobias' expense or as an additional member. Obviously when Nugnr surfaced Tobias was a member and played live in 2001. I think it is reasonable to consider GN'R, c. October 1995 - c. October 1996, as Axl, Slash, Duff, Tobias, Matt, Dizzy.

3/ June 1994.

4/ Slash, Gilby and Matt wrote and recorded a bunch of demos circa January 1994 for the next GN'R album. Axl and Duff were not impressed with the results, so Slash reutilised them for his side project, Slash's Snakepit. When you listen to It's Five O' Clock Somewhere, you are literally listening to Slash's ideas for the next GN'R record.

• Like 1

After 20 yers, this has been the reason why I opened this thread.Marc, what is the chance their differences were other than musical!?
Nothing to do with girlfriends. all to do with the music and how the music would be recorded and how much money would be spent making the music and who would be in the band writing the music and who would be recording the music and what kind of music they would be doing.

I remember in 1992, Ax spoke fondly of Matt, saying 'he will explode on the next album', after YCBM, DTJ, Back of bitch, Don't damn me..., I expect next album must have been planned as heavier!? Yet, Axl apperantly wanted more electronical influence?

3) was Gilby already out? After all, he was still in TSI line up. What was the point Axl chucked him out?

4) Axl said music Slash/Gilby wrote was too much like AC/DC, were Slash/Gilby an writing force by then?

1/ 2/ Tobias joined circa October 1994. Axl's plans for him are all a bit vague and full of 'Axl speak'. He brought Tobias in to do some 'writing' with Slash. He seems to have envisioned Tobias in the 'Izzy Stradlin', songwriter, role - for some reason, he never saw Clarke as a writing partner. Whether he saw Tobias as a proper member is open to conjecture; Axl also wanted Zakk Wylde in the band a few months later but it is not clear whether this was at Tobias' expense or as an additional member. Obviously when Nugnr surfaced Tobias was a member and played live in 2001. I think it is reasonable to consider GN'R, c. October 1995 - c. October 1996, as Axl, Slash, Duff, Tobias, Matt, Dizzy.

3/ June 1994.

4/ Slash, Gilby and Matt wrote and recorded a bunch of demos circa January 1994 for the next GN'R album. Axl and Duff were not impressed with the results, so Slash reutilised them for his side project, Slash's Snakepit. When you listen to It's Five O' Clock Somewhere, you are literally listening to Slash's ideas for the next GN'R record.

hey, thanks, I know all that, but I have my doubts regarding some stuff.

eg. Snakepit 1 doesn't sound anything like AC/DC meets, can't remember what band he said..

was there more material or was there material after Snakepit, considering Snakepit was released '95, recorded '94. Maybe Gilby did stay there longer than that.

therefore, I asked Marc when Ac really did decide to chuck Gilby out. I also remember some Gilby interviews where he claimed he didn't see Ax in a while and doesn't really know his status.

There was also a brief period Izzy came back as Marc said before.

Did he really plan on giving Matt space, like he claimed in 1992??

If he did, that really doesn't go together with that claim he planed next album to be more electronically influenced. Did he also plan to give more writting space to Matt?

3/ June 1994.

hey, thanks, I know all that, but I have my doubts regarding some stuff.

eg. Snakepit 1 doesn't sound anything like AC/DC meets, can't remember what band he said..

was there more material or was there material after Snakepit, considering Snakepit was released '95, recorded '94. Maybe Gilby did stay there longer than that.

therefore, I asked Marc when Ac really did decide to chuck Gilby out. I also remember some Gilby interviews where he claimed he didn't see Ax in a while and doesn't really know his status.

There was also a brief period Izzy came back as Marc said before.

Did he really plan on giving Matt space, like he claimed in 1992??

If he did, that really doesn't go together with that claim he planed next album to be more electronically influenced. Did he also plan to give more writting space to Matt?

I do not know what you are asking here but, regarding the Izzy thing, around April 1995 Stradlin and Mckagan wrote and recorded around ten demos for the next 'Guns N' Roses' album.

PS

Duff, in his book, uses the term 'southern rock' for the Snakepit material (personally, I do not know what he is going on about considering Duff co-wrote one song on that record and It's Five O Clock sounds nothing like 'southern rock'!)

Slash himself admitted criticising Axl:

When Velvet Revolver started, Duff and I did an international press tour to promote the record, and everybody was coming at me with Guns N' Roses' questions because I hadn't really addressed the issues. I was like a cornered animal; anything that came out of my mouth was an attack on Axl and that sparked more animosity.

Pretty sure in that quote Slash is mocking the twisted interpretations into anti-Axl of whatever he says about GNR. Fans and media tend to do that ya know, adding fuel to the fire.

No, I am sure he meant that he bashed Axl. Here's the whole quote:

I was pissed at Axl, obviously. When he put someone else's playing on top of mine that was certainly a factor, but mostly I was pissed because I felt like I was leaving my own band. There was a really ugly vibe that has lasted for years. When Velvet Revolver started, Duff and I did an international press tour to promote the record, and everybody was coming at me with Guns N' Roses' questions because I hadn't really addressed the issues. I was like a cornered animal; anything that came out of my mouth was an attack on Axl and that sparked more animosity. But I have reached out to him a couple of times to show that I am not so...Well, not so bitter that I can't communicate. There's still a part of me that loves a part of Axl. There's still a part of him I could relate to [The Truth About His Past, Present and Future, Mojo, June 2008]

Marc,

tell me following

a) is Ax still in contact with Yoda? why does that person hace so much influence on him and how much damage it caused?

b) if he really broke up with Beta, how might that affect his relationship with ex members and others he was on the war path with?

Marc,

tell me following

a) is Ax still in contact with Yoda? why does that person hace so much influence on him and how much damage it caused?

b) if he really broke up with Beta, how might that affect his relationship with ex members and others he was on the war path with?

It´s been reported that Yoda die a few years ago. I don´t know if Axl is still involved with those people in Arizona. But I think the other person who has or had a lot of influence on Axl was the therapist seen in the Don´t Cry video.

This has been discussed to death. As Marc reiterated, Axl does not feel as though Slash has come clean. Plain and simple. Whatever "it" is Slash did or said, Axl is still bitter about it. Could be one specific incident or, one specific topic. Or, it could be years and years of backstabbing. Yet another good example of Slash's condescending, selfish backstabbing behavior has been yet again outlined. This time in the book by Paul Stanley of Kiss. And while I agree that Stanley is a complete tool, it doesn't change the fact that Slash talked shit about the guy behind his back, while trying to play it off like they were friends, all I Slash could get something he wanted. And as expected, it pissed Paul Stanley off.

Now, multiply that by infinity, the fact that Axl wasn't just some has been jagaloon Slash didn't even know, and the sheer level of betrayal Axl obviously feels about it, and it seems pretty clear there are only a handful of things that can happen. One of which, just like alot of other ideas that have been tossed around, is for Slash to issue a public apology, including admittion of deceit and lies that have been told over the last 20 years. But A) Who's to say this is even called for, or deserved by Axl. As in, is anything Slash did or said really THAT bad that these extremes are really necessary? B) has it all been overblown in Axl's extremely questionable mind? Or C) a combination of both?

And if the answer is yes to any of these, is it worth Slash's time and reputation to admit ant wrong doings, realizing that Axl could simply say "see everyone, I was right, he was wrong, fuck you a Slash" The answer seems simple. You go your way, I'll go mine.

• Like 2

This has been discussed to death. As Marc reiterated, Axl does not feel as though Slash has come clean. Plain and simple. Whatever "it" is Slash did or said, Axl is still bitter about it. Could be one specific incident or, one specific topic. Or, it could be years and years of backstabbing. Yet another good example of Slash's condescending, selfish backstabbing behavior has been yet again outlined. This time in the book by Paul Stanley of Kiss. And while I agree that Stanley is a complete tool, it doesn't change the fact that Slash talked shit about the guy behind his back, while trying to play it off like they were friends, all I Slash could get something he wanted. And as expected, it pissed Paul Stanley off.

Now, multiply that by infinity, the fact that Axl wasn't just some has been jagaloon Slash didn't even know, and the sheer level of betrayal Axl obviously feels about it, and it seems pretty clear there are only a handful of things that can happen. One of which, just like alot of other ideas that have been tossed around, is for Slash to issue a public apology, including admittion of deceit and lies that have been told over the last 20 years. But A) Who's to say this is even called for, or deserved by Axl. As in, is anything Slash did or said really THAT bad that these extremes are really necessary? B) has it all been overblown in Axl's extremely questionable mind? Or C) a combination of both?

And if the answer is yes to any of these, is it worth Slash's time and reputation to admit ant wrong doings, realizing that Axl could simply say "see everyone, I was right, he was wrong, fuck you a Slash" The answer seems simple. You go your way, I'll go mine.

Am I missing something here? Paul Stanley wanted to be their producer in the early days. They never gave a fuck about him. But Adler was a big Kiss fan so they fool around with Paul just to give Adler a chance to meet his hero. Slash in his book talks about this. And the phone call when Paul told him to fuck off.

I don't really know who was telling him that. I just know that you are always better off using your own judgment for things in your life. It is ok to get some counseling to get your head straight but thats about it. Thats how people can get brainwashed.

What kind of "advisers" were those people? Therapists? Mediums? Music business experts?

How many people do you think have REAL influence on Axl? I'd say Beta Lebeis is one of them. She's anti-Slash so I guess she must be one of those influencers against the guitarist.

AS far as Axl is concerned Slash has not come clean. So the hate will continue until they talk it out.

Do you know what's that thing Axl considers Slash has to come clean about? Are you allowed to tell us?

The funny thing is that if Slash were to do as Axl wishes and hold some sort of international apology press tour, the general public won't really care.

Axl has so thoroughly smashed GNRs legacy into dust. This isn't 1992. Kurt Loder isn't going to host a breaking news segment on MTV and show the world how Slash admits whatever Axl wants him to admit.

It's all so utterly pointless now. Rather pathetic, really. The world moved on, but Axl still doesn't get it.

At least he has DJ and BBF and a host of clowns to cover AFD in Vegas, right?

• Like 1

If they mend fences it will for sure be worldwide news, lol.

I also think it's ridiculous to have Slash publicly retracting or admitting anything... He already said in many interviews he has moved on, he's not bitter about Axl and harsh things he may have said were said because he was angry at the moment.

I don't know what else Axl needs...

The funny thing is that if Slash were to do as Axl wishes and hold some sort of international apology press tour, the general public won't really care.

Again, we do people keep saying that Axl wants Slash to apologize publicly? I am not saying it isn't true, I just can't remember Axl ever saying it.

Again, we do people keep saying that Axl wants Slash to apologize publicly? I am not saying it isn't true, I just can't remember Axl ever saying it.

I'm pretty sure this idea traces back to that "light of day" comment. I can't remember exactly what it said, but the implication was that no resolution between the two would be possible until the world at large knew the truth (Axl's truth, of course) about what went down between them.

Edited by magisme

I'm pretty sure this idea traces back to that "light of day" comment. I can't remember exactly what it said, but the implication was that no resolution between the two would be possible until the world at large knew the truth (Axl's truth, of course) about what went down between them.

Yeah, that's the only thing I have found, too. It's a bit of a stretch to go from wanting the truth to come out (Axl's truth, again) to Slash having to apologize publicly. It's completely reasonable to want the truth to come out, we all want that, but it takes a real asshole for someone to want to publicly humiliate someone. I am not saying Axl isn't such an asshole, just that I prefer to not spread things that might be wrong.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's the only thing I have found, too. It's a bit of a stretch to go from wanting the truth to come out (Axl's truth, again) to Slash having to apologize publicly. It's completely reasonable to want the truth to come out, we all want that, but it takes a real asshole for someone to want to publicly humiliate someone. I am not saying Axl isn't such an asshole, just that I prefer to not spread things that might be wrong.

My personal view is that Axl would LOVE some sort of public apology, and that even might have been what he was alluding to with the quote we're talking about, but I agree that we should stop short of saying that he has literally called for a public apology unless there's something else we're missing.

• Like 1

My personal view is that Axl would LOVE some sort of public apology, and that even might have been what he was alluding to with the quote we're talking about, but I agree that we should stop short of saying that he has literally called for a public apology unless there's something else we're missing.

I agree completely. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Axl demanded a public apology, it would fit nicely in with some other things he has said and done, but until that happens...

This is getting weird. What do you want to fight about, SM?

You know, I don't want to fight about anything, I just want to go out in the sun and play with my kids. This heat is making a wuss out of me.

I think I'm a little misty here guys...

• Like 1

This is getting weird. What do you want to fight about, SM?

You know, I don't want to fight about anything, I just want to go out in the sun and play with my kids. This heat is making a wuss out of me.

I don't have kids, but I'll be out in the sun and in the pool, accompanied by a couple cats (not in the pool) and surrounding wildlife (birds, chipmunks, rabbits, deer, groundhogs and snakes). Great time of year.