New mygnrforum section coming soon!

UK SUBS

More info on the way but.....

New supporters VIP only section being developed -- "attitude" CAN be developed within that private VIP section. High donators (TBC) can moderate the content #dementedsectionsoon

Prob a GNR section -- an AG type section (new name) and an attitude section.

Anyone donating $100 or more will have the option (they can decline) to moderate the entire section.

Currently magisime would be the only mod if he wanted....

Thoughts?

Both ER and myself will make ourselves available for any questions

So if you pay top dollar you can harass other members/band members/ making fun of them?

If you pay can you shitposting that section all you want?

Well i consider donating to this forum....

NO
Can I ban this moron with mod powers? That might be worth it.

Yes you can

Which is why i think SoulMonsters and username's points are spot on

Less people will donte if you and broski become mods

Time will tell i guessJust because I could doesn't mean I would. I've grown accustomed to your annoyances.

For real, though, "mods" in that sections shouldn't have proper disciplinary powers I don't think. That should be reserved for mods without quotation marks,.

So what is their purpose? Anyone can hit the Report button.

People complain now when "real" mods delete posts and move or close threads. I don't see it going over well when a "rent-a-mod" tries to pull the same thing.

Mod positions are typically awarded to members for any number of reasons. But none of those reasons should ever be contingent on the size of their bank account. It sets a bad example IMO.

• Like 1

For real, though, "mods" in that sections shouldn't have proper disciplinary powers I don't think. That should be reserved for mods without quotation marks,.

So what is their purpose? Anyone can hit the Report button.

People complain now when "real" mods delete posts and move or close threads. I don't see it going over well when a "rent-a-mod" tries to pull the same thing.

Mod positions are typically awarded to members for any number of reasons. But none of those reasons should ever be contingent on the size of their bank account. It sets a bad example IMO.

Good points. I don't have good answers. The more I think about it, the $ for mod program seems a bit ill conceived.

Subs should just quit the foreplay and make me Admin effective immediately.

• Like 1

Russ is the answer.

Let him recreate a forum that does not need the finance. He has the experience.

Let there be a member section where people pay a nominal sum per month to access. That should cover any expenses.

Let's also not see who is donating. It is intimidating, probably, to other forum members

Let's also not see who is donating. It is intimidating, probably, to other forum members

This is the only forum worth supporting.

To be pure and free, the finance issue has to disappear

I like it here, but I am not wanting it to be swayed by people who have donated. That would be strange

I don't see anything wrong with the supporter acknowledgement.

In it's current guise, it is ok

If money is to turn into power though, a list is only going to stoke egos. It is a bad move

You can make money this way, but you will be selling the soul of the forum. It will work on a short term basis, but the novelty will wear off, and there will be posters that will leave during the process because they hate it, so in the long term, you will get some cash, but the forum will go the way of other forums.

It is up to you, but keeping the posters posting is what you need to think about.

lol @ people who think this will make or break the forum one way or the other.

Respect, dude.

This forum is one of the older GN'R forums. There are people here who care.

It is not a toy

wut

It is about respect.

You play a character here, which is great, but to moderate a forum you have to know when to be serious. If you were to moderate here, you are in the hands of other people who are paying to run the forum.

If you cannot respond to a serious comment I made, then how can an admin here trust you

It is not about money, it is about respect

If money is to turn into power though, a list is only going to stoke egos. It is a bad move

You can make money this way, but you will be selling the soul of the forum. It will work on a short term basis, but the novelty will wear off, and there will be posters that will leave during the process because they hate it, so in the long term, you will get some cash, but the forum will go the way of other forums.

It is up to you, but keeping the posters posting is what you need to think about.

I would reason that paying the bills is on his mind as well.

This is but an idea put forth, with a few scenarios aligned, and a request for feedback.

I like the idea of giving a supporter section a try.

I like the idea that it could possibly generate needed forum revenue.

I do, however, think that the mod-for-hire aspect is a tossed-about idea that should be removed from the table, it would not bode well...to say the least.

Never felt it was a particularly good idea to have a Supporters-only forum. I only really ever liked the idea of one that other members could at least read as well.

To the people criticizing, just remember that it's not cheap to run - most initiatives aren't sustainable and people don't donate on a consistent basis.

Respect, dude.

It is not a toy

wut

It is about respect.

You play a character here, which is great, but to moderate a forum you have to know when to be serious. If you were to moderate here, you are in the hands of other people who are paying to run the forum.

If you cannot respond to a serious comment I made, then how can an admin here trust you

You don't know what I do here, so take your assumptions about me and shove them up your ass, respectfully. :)

I would reason that paying the bills is on his mind as well.

This is but an idea put forth, with a few scenarios aligned, and a request for feedback.

I like the idea of giving a supporter section a try.

I like the idea that it could possibly generate needed forum revenue.

I do, however, think that the mod-for-hire aspect is a tossed-about idea that should be removed from the table, it would not bode well...to say the least.

The money aspect has to go in the long term. It will forever cause a divide.

The idea though of an elite area is fine. But it has to be a set amount.

Respect, dude.

It is not a toy

wut

It is about respect.

You don't know what I do here, so take your assumptions about me and shove them up your ass, respectfully. :)

I do not care what you do here, haha. I really do not.

I get that you have to interfere everytime anyone posts, which is fine.

I care for the longevity of the forum, and I will post my ideas freely and willingly regardless of your mankini wearing self.

Respect, dude.

It is not a toy

wut

It is about respect.

I care for the longevity of the forum, and I will post my ideas freely and willingly regardless of your mankini wearing self.

You might want to buzz the nurse for your old person meds.

Respect, dude.

It is not a toy

wut

It is about respect.

You might want to buzz the nurse for your old person meds.

Touche. I am stopping posting now, so let's call it quits so others can post. Cheers

If you want to provide a perk for supporters, allowing everyone the ability to read supporter only threads is not a perk for them. What's to stop anyone from starting the same thread in the main forum. Are mods going to lock those threads and say sorry, you have to donate to discuss that topic? That negates the whole point of what's trying to be achieved. You're hoping to entice people to donate , but the last thing that anyone wants to happen is to start internal forum wars over it. A supporter only thread or section should be just that. Something only they can access. Anyone who wants to know what's going on there knows what they can do .

If you do A (support) you get B (access to a supporters section). That's it. The less complicated you make it, the better it is.

I'm actually with SoulMonster on this one. I feel like it's gonna lead to more trouble than it's worth, and the regular D&N section will become essentially neglected. Not much for newcomers to sink their teeth into.

Besides, wasn't a big reason Attitude got shit canned because of the shit fits happening that were spilling on to the main forum? Where's the logic that dictates it won't happen again? Sure it's not a free for all like the original Attitude was, but a lot of those shit stirrers are waving the green banner now. And only more of them will follow.

Personally speaking I didn't think it was that big of a deal, and don't see that much of a different vibe in D&N compared to when Attitude was active. But from a Mod/Admin POV, what's really the difference in trouble of having it now compared to having it then?

Why don't just bring back attitude and everyone harass/insult/cupcake each other and band members
That would be fun isn't it?

well, probably not, but this cheap shot just for a couple of bucks is beyond embarassing

(yes, i know the admins run this forum from their own pocket and i respect that but i think ratbrain explained the whole situation and solution aspects here)