3rd to 5th Generation console thread

Mysteron

From the NES and Sega Master system through to..

the N64, Sony Playstation, Sega Saturn and Atari Jaguar

... These were great times

NES, Sega Master system, and Playstation are the good consoles from your list imo. I still loved the shit outta my Saturn and N64. Still bust out my Dreamcast when I'm in the mood. Such a cool failure.

I had an NES and Master System. I actually think I had more fun with the Master System than the NES overall.

We had a Genesis for a little bit, but I was easily swayed to the SNES when it came out and never looked back.

Out of the four you've mentioned, my favorite is by far my SNES. So many masterpieces on that one to enjoy.

Edited by Rovim

I still have my N64 in working condition. It's my favorite console.

Same here! I've honestly never had a more fun experience with future systems like I did with the N64. Sadly my Ocarina of Time cartridge is the ONLY one that doesn't work anymore. I mean if fate had taken Quest 64 instead, I could've lived with that. Fuck me.

Gotta get my ass to a flea market.

Same here! I've honestly never had a more fun experience with future systems like I did with the N64. Sadly my Ocarina of Time cartridge is the ONLY one that doesn't work anymore. I mean if fate had taken Quest 64 instead, I could've lived with that. Fuck me.

That's bad.

Fortunately, I don't have a single cart that isn't working.

I had a Nintendo and Super Nintendo as a kid. By the time I got my SNES, games for it were harder to come by, so I didn't have the best. I think the games I have for it now are better than the ones I had as a kid.

Never had a Sega Genesis, but my neighbor did, and we would play Sonic 2 all the time.

Edited by luciusfunk

• 2 weeks later...

Older brother and cousins had Ataris etc, I started with the NES and Sega Master System II, played the fuck out of both.

SNES is my all time favourite, coincided with the start of my pot smoking and Black Sabbath days and whata combination.

My best mate bought a Sega Saturn ( Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter Ahoy!), I eventually bought a PS1 and mainly played Syndicate Wars, Space Hulk and Dark Forces, fuck yeah.

• 1 month later...

I own a Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast and did have a Gamecube (got rid of gamecube when I got the Wii - since the Wii played gamecube games).

These generations of consoles were the best, SEGA consoles galore. I am a die hard SEGA fan. Particularly of Sonic The Hedgehog.

Master System was my first console - great games like Alex Kidd, Sonic (8 bit versions), Cool Spot, Shinobi, Moonwalker, Rampage, Psycho Fox,.

Mega Drive - Sonic, Mortal Kombat 3, Street Fighter 2, Streets Of Rage, Golden Axe, Dynamite Headdy, Bonanza Bros,

Saturn - Sonic, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, Daytona USA, NiGHTS, SEGA Rally, Gex

Dreamcast - Sonic, Soul calibur, Dead or Alive, Hydro Thunder, Quake 3, Power Stone, House Of The Dead 2

All good times.

Pour a shot of vodka, dip a cue tip in and clean the contacts of your cartridge. If it works, shoot the vodka in celebration. If it does not, hell, at least you have some vodka to shoot. I revived Ken Griffey Jr Baseball a few months back.