Brainstorming a Bumble replacement

Leave the place empty! There's no need to add more bloatness to an already bloated band in the first place. Axl should have learned already that sometimes less is better....

So you're saying the lineup should look less bloated? What about the band's mood?

slash

Possibility: 0%

bucket.

Possibility: -100%

i don't think so

Things are going to be much different because "you don't think so". Those guitarists left by their own free will and nothing has changed since they left to even consider playing for and in the same "band" again.

I was listening to Chinese Democracy and Buckethead really does steal the show. I wouldn't mind seeing him return one bit.

It's better if you listen to the instrumental tracks. You can enjoy Buckethead and Finck more. Unfortunately, you will never see him in Axl's band again.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Fortus takes over lead and Axl becomes rhythm guitarist a la Jagger when he gets his strat out for 'Miss You' and pulls some shapes.

Man I would love too see Axl play guitar even if it was say half the show? I mean every year he moves around less and less so why not pick up a guitar, seems like the least bloated thing to do..

:D

Dave Navarro would be the perfect DJ Ashba clone, except that Dave can play guitar properly and can shred if he want to

Fortus takes over lead and Axl becomes rhythm guitarist a la Jagger when he gets his strat out for 'Miss You' and pulls some shapes.

Man I would love too see Axl play guitar even if it was say half the show? I mean every year he moves around less and less so why not pick up a guitar, seems like the least bloated thing to do..

On a serious note i don't mind if he can bust out a guitar and starts playing some chords. Would be cool, he hasn't done this since 2001

Edited by Crash Diet

Dave Navarro would be the perfect DJ Ashba clone, except that Dave can play guitar properly and can shred if he want to

On a serious note i don't mind if he can bust out a guitar and starts playing some chords. Would be cool, he hasn't done this since 2001

Dave hasn't played on a GNR track since Oh My God. It would be awesome to hear him play Oh My God live.

Maybe Robin will come back. When a person asked GNR if they are still in touch with Bucket, Robin, or Brain they answered no, yes, yes.

So if your looking for a Chinese deomocracy member to comeback then it will be Robin, but I still see this as unlikely. I just found that tweet interesting.

I think someone new could bring about a fresh start. So I'm rooting for that.

Letting Bumblefoot leave due to retarded refusal to progress after losing Buckethead and Finck for the same reasons... utter lunacy but this is Axl... no one wants anyone else to come in until we hear a record or two, if anyone Ashba needs to leave for the benefit of the band.

I can't see anyone who's a known player being quick to apply for the job if Ron leaves and by 'known' I don't just mean guys as big as Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde etc. If Ron goes this'll be the third well respected guitarist whose quit since the 2001 comeback. I can't see anyone who is happy in their own career giving that up for a long term spot in this dysfunctional band playing other people's guitar parts. Sure, the money is probably good but that's the only reason and then once they've made a few bucks they'll probably leave due to frustration. Really hate to sound this negative but its such a shame that the momentum that GN'R seemed to have back in 2001 and even 2006 and 2010 was never taken advantage of.

Edited by BassistSeb

You have to wonder how much of Axl's time is actually spent creating music since 2001, the things he could've done with the resources, opportunities and personnel he's had are infinite, sure he's had some knocks but his brand and the guys he's brought in... there's no room for excuse or misdirection, it's all on him.