Brainstorming a Bumble replacement

Eventually it has to happen if they keep touring. Although they could just do another ACDC cover and dust off Dead Horse.

Not with this band.
Why not they've done it before? Riff Raff and Estranged were added.

A new cover and a new 20 yr old song? why bother.

why not play one of these mythical new songs we've heard so much about? Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac.

any of those would be preferable than a new cover or breaking out some Illusion track

Has the current incarnation of the group (including the lead singer) rehearsed and/or played any of these songs together in the same room? I ask this because (as I understand it- and please correct me if I'm mistaken) Axl Rose does not as a rule rehearse with the band, nor has the present iteration of the band ever entered a studio together.

• Like 1

Wondering if this was ever brought up.. Check out Rons Twitter bio.. Writes 2006-2014 not 2006-current.

"Solo artist, producer. Guns N' Roses guitarist (2006 - 2014) facebook.com/bumblefoot (I'm sorry I can't answer DMs,due to the busy travel schedule)"

Sorry if it is old news...

Eventually it has to happen if they keep touring. Although they could just do another ACDC cover and dust off Dead Horse.

Not with this band.
Why not they've done it before? Riff Raff and Estranged were added.

A new cover and a new 20 yr old song? why bother.

why not play one of these mythical new songs we've heard so much about? Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac.

any of those would be preferable than a new cover or breaking out some Illusion track

Has the current incarnation of the group (including the lead singer) rehearsed and/or played any of these songs together in the same room? I ask this because (as I understand it- and please correct me if I'm mistaken) Axl Rose does not as a rule rehearse with the band, nor has the present iteration of the band ever entered a studio together.

Quite a band huh?

• Like 1

I think without new material Dead Horse with Dj playing the solo exactly like the studio version would be enough fuel to tour SA again. Then swing back through the US. Maybe add Think About You to keep the forums then eventually just when everyone has given up start playing Jackie Chan and a bunch of new songs off CD II.

Tom Morello. I'm not sure what he does now.

To me it seems like if Ron leaves it just handing the next record to Fortus and Dj. Then if Slash came back that would keep the old fans happy and could still put out his material.

Slash or bust. And yes, really. I'd rather see them quit today than carry on like they're doing now. Real Guns n' Roses or nothing for me.

Nothing it is. For me: something is better then nothing.

Edited by Rovim

I think Axl could be ready to work with someone like Prince, they could compare vaults, and he plays a mean guitar.

That's even more delusional than bucket, slash, fink, morello or anyone else that has a modicum of dignity, self respect, or creative ambition to come join.

I dont want Dave Navarro, he is industrial/alternative rocker, y prefer a hard rocker.

I dunno man, Jane's Addiction isn't exactly The Pixies or Skinny Puppy...granted I haven't heard Navarro's work outside Janes and RHCP but I'd say he fits snugly in the guitar hero category.

Its sounds good but i prefer a hard rock guitarist, Michael Schenker style for example.

leave schenker out of this.

btw the original "where do we go now" 2:28

• 2 weeks later...

Nita strauss

huh?

After listening to some of her solo stuff, orianthi would be great. She could play the bluesy slash shit great; and all the shredded shit from Chinese; but her solo stuff was surprisingly bluesy with lots of feeling. I didn't know she had a good voice either.

Doesn't matter. Before, I used to think it was important to get the right person as Axl was putting together a new band. Now, he's just using hired hands to milk the AFD/UYI catalogue.

Exactly. But at least there's a hot chick on stage that can play the shit out of the guitar.