GN'R @ The Whisky 1988 Amazing Quality Vid

Who is the drummer?

Fred Coury from Cinderella. he plays a few gigs with GNR , because Steven broke his arm/hand in the very late 1987

Steven recovered just a few days before the infamous 1988 Ritz gig

12.18.87 - UIC Pavilion, University Of Illinois-Chicago, Chicago, IL

opening for: Alice Cooper

set: It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Paradise City

audio/video recording?: audio

notes: Fred Coury of Cinderella on drums. Axl mentions how he is being charged with assault on police officers, which occurred before at a show in Atlanta (11.22.87). Axl tells the crowd how he grew up very close to Chicago and listened to a lot of Chicago radio stations growing up. Slash dedicates 'Nightrain' to about 10 different friends in the audience.

01.21.88 - The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA

set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Used To Love Her, Patience, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Blues Jam, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Paradise City, Whole Lotta Rosie [w/ Vince Neil]

notes: Steven's first show after he broke his arm. Special guest performance by Vince Neil of M�tley Cr�e. During 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door,' Axl says that GN'R has settled their differences with Jetboy and dedicates the song to Todd Crew.

Btw i couldn't find this Whiskey show on the GNR tour almanac, weird

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 1

Who is the drummer?

Fred Coury from Cinderella. he plays a few gigs with GNR , because Steven broke his arm/hand in the very late 1987

Steven recovered just a few days before the infamous 1988 Ritz gig

12.18.87 - UIC Pavilion, University Of Illinois-Chicago, Chicago, IL

opening for: Alice Cooper

set: It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Paradise City

notes: Fred Coury of Cinderella on drums. Axl mentions how he is being charged with assault on police officers, which occurred before at a show in Atlanta (11.22.87). Axl tells the crowd how he grew up very close to Chicago and listened to a lot of Chicago radio stations growing up. Slash dedicates 'Nightrain' to about 10 different friends in the audience.

01.21.88 - The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA

set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Used To Love Her, Patience, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Blues Jam, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Paradise City, Whole Lotta Rosie [w/ Vince Neil]

notes: Steven's first show after he broke his arm. Special guest performance by Vince Neil of M�tley Cr�e. During 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door,' Axl says that GN'R has settled their differences with Jetboy and dedicates the song to Todd Crew.

Btw i couldn't find this Whiskey show on the GNR tour almanac, weird

There are many mistakes on gnrontour.com, including whole shows missing.

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2394-19880110-the-whisky-los-angeles-usa

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

hi there whazup;

i'm not an expert on tuning so obviously i didn't notice that they are playing on standard tuning;

I'd like to ask you: how do you know (or how did you notice) that they are playing in standard tuning?

is it because they are playing on borrowed equipment?

thanks in advance for answering!