Policing Thread

magisme

The stopping for no reason isn't really the problem. It's the shooting him when he was unarmed and allegedly hands in the air. How that went down should remain the focus. Unfortunately, some will jump on this to justify the shooting without paying attention to the shooting itself. Apparently, if in fact it was him, he stole a pack of cigars and pushed a guy. Misdemeanor at worst.

• Like 2

The stopping for no reason isn't really the problem. It's the shooting him when he was unarmed and allegedly hands in the air. How that went down should remain the focus. Unfortunately, some will jump on this to justify the shooting without paying attention to the shooting itself. Apparently, if in fact it was him, he stole a pack of cigars and pushed a guy. Misdemeanor at worst.

according to news it would be a class B felony since it was a strong armed robbery since he roughed up the cashier. the thing is i definitely agree, but this happening 10 minutes before the confrontation with the cop may show what kind of mindset michael brown was in. if he was going to push a cashier by the throat over some cigars, what else would he do?

according to news it would be a class B felony since it was a strong armed robbery since he roughed up the cashier. the thing is i definitely agree, but this happening 10 minutes before the confrontation with the cop may show what kind of mindset michael brown was in. if he was going to push a cashier by the throat over some cigars, what else would he do?

Class B felony? Really? I'm not saying you're wrong, but WTF? That means every schoolyard bully is a felon. If he stole your lunch money and shoved you into a locker, class B felon. :lol:

Anyway, I hear what you're saying about his mindset. If he was aggressive with the shopkeeper then maybe he was aggressive with the cop. Sure. There's still a long walk before we get to shooting people. We'll see what come out, I guess.

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

Class B felony? Really? I'm not saying you're wrong, but WTF? That means every schoolyard bully is a felon. If he stole your lunch money and shoved you into a locker, class B felon. :lol:

Anyway, I hear what you're saying about his mindset. If he was aggressive with the shopkeeper then maybe he was aggressive with the cop. Sure. There's still a long walk before we get to shooting people. We'll see what come out, I guess.

yeah i thought it was crazy but that is what the guy on cnn(i think it was) said. this is why to me the FBI investigation is important.

Zint, not sure if you clicked the article I posted, but it has a statement from the police saying that the robbery video and Brown were unrelated - meaning that he wasn't actually a suspect for that. So calling him a "thug and a thief," I think, is a little unfair.

So that's not him in the video?

• Like 2

Zint, not sure if you clicked the article I posted, but it has a statement from the police saying that the robbery video and Brown were unrelated - meaning that he wasn't actually a suspect for that. So calling him a "thug and a thief," I think, is a little unfair.

It's hazy at best, I'd say.

Then I will retract the statement until further clarification.

But that guy in the video is a thug and a thief, whoever he is.

this then goes right back to the cop. it was more understandable if a cop is arriving on a scene of a robbery, but if the kids were just stopped for walking in the road, how that turns into a teenager shot and killed is kind of mind boggling. he was still the suspect in this robbery, so it still may give some kind of mindset he was in at the time if he did do the crime in the video. this may be something the FBI investigation can shine some light on. if the FBI investigation shows that the person in the video doing the robbery isn't michael brown, then that would make the cops look 100x worse and open another whole can of worms.

What do witnesses say happened?

Dorin Johnson, a friend of Brown’s, told Fox 2 that he and Brown were walking in the street when the police car pulled up. The officer said to "get the eff onto the sidewalk," he recounted. Johnson said the officer reached out of the car window and grabbed Brown around the neck.

Another witness, Piaget Crenshaw, said she saw police chase Brown. “He ran for his life,” she said. “They shot him and he fell. He put his arms up to let them know that he was compliant and he was unarmed, and they shot him twice more and he fell to the ground and died."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-michael-brown-ferguson-missouri-shooting-20140811-story.html

Protests going on, destruction of property, police using tear gas on crowds, FAA closing low air space around neighborhood....

For every racist, you get someone who plays the race card. For every woman, blah minority group that scream about inequality, there is always someone to push them back

And added to that, religion, the belief in fairy tales of old, beings who live in the sky, and things that do not exist, causes people to kill each other.

If all of the above could go away, life would be much easier

Even if the kid did steal a few cigars.....petty theft is now a capital offense?

I guess if cops decide to play judge, jury and executioner...it is.

It is not cops, it is one guy

Maybe....and I agree to an extent. But more often than not, many (not all) police officers tend to have an "ego trip"....which sometimes leads to an apparent "'roid rage"....I've seen it DOZENS of times, in person.

;)

now it is being reported, that the chief of police told cnn.com that the officer saw the stolen cigars.

And if he did.....that makes this that much worse. Instead of a random act of rage, this idiot had actual intent.

Edited by Kasanova King

Then I will retract the statement until further clarification.

But that guy in the video is a thug and a thief, whoever he is.

Ok well, based on news reports... the family lawyer, family members and the guy who was with him in the store say it was him in that video, so, my comment stands.