Policing Thread

magisme

Yeah, I know about all these cases. My question wasn't really whether such things happen, because these are well-documented, even in my national media, but whether it is....normal. As in: what we could expect based on comparisons police forces in other countries. This doesn't mean we should be satisfied with the situation (far from it!), just that IF US police is similar to other comparable police forces around the world, then maybe it isn't as bad as media typically presents it.

Yeah, I know about all these cases. My question wasn't really whether such things happen, because these are well-documented, even in my national media, but whether it is....normal. As in: what we could expect based on comparisons police forces in other countries. This doesn't mean we should be satisfied with the situation (far from it!), just that IF US police is similar to other comparable police forces around the world, then maybe it isn't as bad as media typically presents it.

I don't know because I'm not familiar with the police of other countries. Do the police average at least one murder of an innocent and/or unarmed person a day where you live?

I don't know because I'm not familiar with the police of other countries. Do the police average at least one murder of an innocent and/or unarmed person a day where you live?

No, but mine is a much smaller country, I guess we have to look at the data per capita. Maybe the frequency is similar, but we don't get as much flac as USA because there would be like a murder every 6th year, or whatever, so people don't feel it is a big problem. The curse of USA is that it is such a large country so you have such things happening relatively often, every month, which keeps it in people's minds and make it easier for them to feel this is a large problem. Again, I am not saying they don't have a right to consider it a huge problem, and that this might not be symptomatic of a failing system, just that I like pondering about less obvious causes for something which might comprise a small but significant component behind something.

No, but mine is a much smaller country, I guess we have to look at the data per capita. Maybe the frequency is similar, but we don't get as much flac as USA because there would be like a murder every 6th year, or whatever, so people don't feel it is a big problem. The curse of USA is that it is such a large country so you have such things happening relatively often, every month, which keeps it in people's minds and make it easier for them to feel this is a large problem. Again, I am not saying they don't have a right to consider it a huge problem, and that this might not be symptomatic of a failing system, just that I like pondering about less obvious causes for something which might comprise a small but significant component behind something.

I wish the frequency would drop to once a month, that would be a very major improvement. I guess since neither one of us know about the police forces in similar sized countries we can't say either way, but I find it strange that your country reports about the US and not other countries if they're doing it. I wonder how China does with their massive population. Should be way worse than the US being that they're commies and commies are evil, or so I'm told.

Take their fucking guns away. You really want to be a cop? OK, let's see how brave you are when you can't execute people on a whim.

Without guns u get treated like that :lol:

I don't see anything wrong with that, cops get treated the same way over here and they do have guns. Just part of the job description.

not only did the cop shoot the fucking guy he then planted the taser next to his body :facepalm:

This. When you have murderers in your force, I'd find that reason enough to dismantle any organization and rebuild it. Yet no one at the top every has to resign over it, none of these murderers ever see their day in court, and society keeps on condemning it.

I was also appalled at a recent case where a woman on death row got released after being on death row for most of her life all due to the made up interrogation report of a corrupt detective, who didn't even took notes or recorded the woman, just claimed she confessed:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/24/arizona-debra-milke-cleared-22-years-death-row

It doesn't help a thing that the "punishment" for most of these murderers is a paid vacation.

Sick of working?

1. Take your borderline retarded ass out there and shoot somebody.

2. Plant some evidence.

3. Make sure that nobody caught it on camera.

Only the dumbest of the meatheads forget step 3.

• Like 1

Well here's an idea why not let cops wear helmet/head cams, it's being tested over here and results up until now have been positive.

They're trying that in locations here but the cocksuckers keep turning them off and claiming they're malfunctioning.

How about you can't turn them off

Well here's an idea why not let cops wear helmet/head cams, it's being tested over here and results up until now have been positive.

They're trying that in locations here but the cocksuckers keep turning them off and claiming they're malfunctioning.

How about you can't turn them off

They aren't supposed to be able to. It appears they aren't listening.

Then again, how about they hire people that aren't uneducated thugs, quit rewarding them for successfully covering up their murders and quit letting them off with nothing more than a transfer to a different department when they do get caught? Sounds like a better solution than giving the same meatheads cameras to me.

No idea whether dude is black, but this is pretty much becoming the "Look How Retarded American Cops Are with Their Guns" thread, so....

(CNN)The reserve deputy who shot a suspect with his firearm rather than his stun gun, and another deputy who can be heard cursing at the suspect after he was shot, were not in their normal states of mind because of the elevated stress of apprehending the suspect, according to a Tulsa, Oklahoma, investigator.

Tulsa Police Sgt. Jim Clark, who has been brought in to review the case, said Tulsa County Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, 73, "inadvertently" shot Eric Courtney Harris after Harris -- a possibly PCP-addled felon who had days prior sold methamphetamine to an undercover officer -- ran from authorities after trying to sell an illegal handgun during an undercover sting.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/12/us/tulsa-police-shooting-video/

:facepalm:

No idea whether dude is black, but this is pretty much becoming the "Look How Retarded American Cops Are with Their Guns" thread, so....

(CNN)The reserve deputy who shot a suspect with his firearm rather than his stun gun, and another deputy who can be heard cursing at the suspect after he was shot, were not in their normal states of mind because of the elevated stress of apprehending the suspect, according to a Tulsa, Oklahoma, investigator.

Tulsa Police Sgt. Jim Clark, who has been brought in to review the case, said Tulsa County Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, 73, "inadvertently" shot Eric Courtney Harris after Harris -- a possibly PCP-addled felon who had days prior sold methamphetamine to an undercover officer -- ran from authorities after trying to sell an illegal handgun during an undercover sting.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/12/us/tulsa-police-shooting-video/

:facepalm:

Hint: he's black.

The worst part about this particular case is the guy who shot the fleeing suspect wasn't even really a cop. A friend of the sherif who had donated thousands to the police department and was given an honorary title.

Meanwhile, the sherif who gave his dipshit of a friend a gun and a taser chalks it up to being nothing more than an "error."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/sheriff-stanley-glanz-calls-fatal-shooting-by-reserve-deputy-an/article_883e0747-46e9-595d-9c4f-e1cb4fdabbf4.html