Policing Thread

magisme

And again the black people show how stupid and savage they are by burning up their city and trying to kill the police.

Maybe acting like this is why some cops are quick to shoot and kill because you never know how savage some people might get and I for one would protect my life first.

• Like 1

And again the black people show how stupid and savage they are by burning up their city and trying to kill the police.

Maybe acting like this is why some cops are quick to shoot and kill because you never know how savage some people might get and I for one would protect my life first.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, not everyone evolves at the same speed.

Are you serious?

I think we have strong contenders for most ignorant posts of the year.

It amazes me that in a nation that celebrates its violent origins every year that this attitude is so prevalent. Violence in the face of white oppression is a national holiday; violence resulting from black oppression becomes an indictment of an entire race. Beautiful.

• Like 3

And just to clarify, I don't condone violence as a viable means of protest. Those individuals, and I stress individuals, who are responsible for physical and property violence should be held accountable.

What isn't acceptable is to impugn an entire race because of the actions of a few.

Moreover, all rioting shouldn't be viewed from the same lens. Smashing cars, breaking a few windows, or tangling with cops because your sports team lost a national championship isn't equal to those lashing out as a result of decades of systemic violence perpetuated against one particular race. It's been open season on black people for far too long. While I don't condone the violent reaction, I also understand it (well, as much as a white guy living in another country can).

• Like 1

the vast majority of the protests have been peaceful. in any big group you will have a bunch of morons who loot and hurt others. this is what the media shows since it is more splashy and will get more ratings than showing a bunch of peaceful people marching with signs.

But the Jew media can't sell their agenda by showing that. How about the college student they found dead last week by a black? What about the drive by that killed two blacks (by blacks) last night in LA last night. Nope, no Jew media there.

Jew media? Nice to see the Klan is well represented on the forum. :facepalm:

Elsewhere, an interesting take by an executive of the Baltimore Orioles: http://qz.com/392561/before-you-judge-the-baltimore-protesters-read-this-orioles-executives-defense/

Brett, speaking only for myself, I agree with your point that the principal of peaceful, nonviolent protest and the observance of the rule of law is of utmost importance in any society. MLK, Gandhi, Mandela, and all great opposition leaders throughout history have always preached this precept.

Further, it is critical that in any democracy, investigation must be completed and due process must be honored before any government or police members are judged responsible.

That said, my greater source of personal concern, outrage, and sympathy beyond this particular case is focused neither upon one night’s property damage nor upon the acts, but is focused rather upon the past four-decade period during which an American political elite have shipped middle-class and working-class jobs away from Baltimore and cities and towns around the US to third-world dictatorships, like China and others; plunged tens of millions of good, hardworking Americans into economic devastation, and then followed that action around the nation by diminishing every American’s civil-rights protections in order to control an unfairly impoverished population living under an ever-declining standard of living and suffering at the butt end of ab ever-more militarized and aggressive surveillance state.

The innocent working families of all backgrounds whose lives and dreams have been cut short by excessive violence, surveillance, and other abuses of the Bill of Rights by government, pay the true price, and ultimate price, and one that far exceeds the importances of any kids’ game played tonight, or ever, at Camden Yards.

We need to keep in mind [that] people are suffering and dying around the US, and while we are thankful no one was injured at Camden Yards, there is a far bigger picture for poor Americans in Baltimore and everywhere who don’t have jobs and are losing economic, civil, and legal rights, and this makes inconvenience at a ballgame irrelevant in light of the needless suffering government is inflicting upon ordinary Americans.

They must have updated police training to include throwing rocks back at rioters:

I agree that at this point the police need to use assertive tactics to regain control of the situation, but I'm pretty sure throwing rocks back at rioters does nothing but escalate the situation.

the vast majority of the protests have been peaceful. in any big group you will have a bunch of morons who loot and hurt others. this is what the media shows since it is more splashy and will get more ratings than showing a bunch of peaceful people marching with signs.

The media knows how to rile up black people too. They exploit them in order to make a story out of what should be just a local story in most cases. They play puppet master with them to get them to act like this so they can have a story and make money off of it. I blame them for all of these riots.

There is no way they can make money off of the real issues. Like the insane amount black on black murders every week and the disproportional amount of black on white violent crime that the media tries to hide. The liberal media coddles them like retarded children.

• Like 1

"the liberal media coddles them like children." The hell? absurd.

Lighting buildings on fire may not be the answer but it's difficult to blame people for reacting given all the recent incidents. And whats funny is people tend to find one example of a black guy murdering a white guy and say 'WHY ISNT THE MEDIA TALKING ABOUT THIS?!!!" For one, there isn't a historical context there, for two, if you have to reach to find one isolated example it kinda weakens your argument? There's a clear trend of murky situations surrounding a black man dying at the hands of police.

The Baltimore police have doled out millions recently in police brutality cases, and they still can't provide a clear answer as to why Gray's spine was snapped. Those are facts, and that's a problem. So its interesting that violence started this whole thing, and then people are preaching non violence in the response? As Ta-Nehisi Coates said, calls for non violence are calls for compliance. "When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/nonviolence-as-compliance/391640/

Edited by bt88
  • Like 2

Who would have thought killing black people for sport pisses them off. Those violent animals , how dare they get really angry about it??

It's like they don't even realize that cops don't even kill them all the time. Only sometimes when they fucking feel like it. It isn't a big deal?? Jesus.

And sure, USA has two completely different legal systems and interpretations of law available for a poor black dude and wealthy rich dude but why the fuck should they get angry about it? They can use net and watch tv like anyone else?

- -

Seriously though, if you must protest to change anything, you need it to be violent and ugly to have even a change. Nobody gives a single fuck about a picket sign. Do peaceful protests in modern day USA and you'll get ridiculed and laughed at at best, ignored at worst. You become fodder for talk show hosts. Remember how well Occupy Wall Street went? All that sweet change it brought?

Burn couple of cities down and somebody, maybe, gets the idea that it might be necessary to try and treat the disease for which you are a symptom. What other options you think these guys have in American Two Party Money-defines-your-rights-as-human system? Vote for Democrat? Vote for Republican? Write to their fucking congressman? Gimme a break.

Most all revolutions, civil unrest and protest that have actually brought change to anything have been ugly, violent things. Often, anything less is not enough.

But omg that dude cut a firehose omg shoot them animals good lord. lol.

Edited by LTD
  • Like 3

Rioting in your own neighborhood doesn't do anything except drive businesses away for years. The media moves on to cover something else and maybe you hear about them following up on it years later.

People talk about wanting to protect kids but when it's kids in low income neighborhoods, odds are dad's in prison.

I work with a black dude. He's a good man.

I'd definitely have a beer with him and play cards.

Now that's all I have to say and I'll make my way out.

America has become so pathetic.

We are caged rats, running around in a circle to earn our meal ticket and we are given alcohol and nicotine to numb the fact our lifestyle is complacent and meaningless.

But the Jew media can't sell their agenda by showing that. How about the college student they found dead last week by a black? What about the drive by that killed two blacks (by blacks) last night in LA last night. Nope, no Jew media there.

Frank Reynolds?

Anyway, I posted this in the other thread - it's a fairly factual account of what's happening from a local individual working in a Baltimore hospital:

To friends and family outside of Baltimore:

I am safe. I live on an isolated peninsula in southeast Baltimore. The riots are in northwest Baltimore. I work in southwest Baltimore where we are seeing some of the effects from the riots but are not on the front line.
Baltimore City is an interesting diaspora. It's a generally blue lower to "working class" city, predominately black and white with substantial geographic and socioeconomic segregation. Working in a hospital in a border location where these demographics meet, is seems the general consensus amongst the populace is that the riots are not about race but rather the results of young urban gangs instigating with police (or perhaps vice versa, I wasn't there). The locations of the protests and the locations of violence are actually quite separate, and there does not appear to be much overlap between the two groups of people.
I find social media slacktivisim and public outcries of support vs condemnation to be tacky and redundant. This in mind, I'm well known to be a partisan Democrat who is strongly opposed to hero worship of any particular occupation (be it police, military, medical provider, first responder, etc.) so I'm sure my liberally biased opinion about Freddy Gray's death can be presumed. This aside, it seems the overwhelming majority of the Baltimore community, including myself, support prompt resolution of these riots with safety for all involved including police and innocent bystanders. Additionally most everyone advocates justice served to those currently committing criminal acts, which in my opinion must be done legally, with dignity, and with the minimum necessary force. I will express how severely disappointed I am in certain individuals within the young white demographic of Baltimore who are calling for police brutality and execution as means of restoring peace, as well as projecting racial bias and stereotypes (and occasionally slurs) towards the Baltimore City mayor.
I am, however, upset that these events are hindering my ability to watch Orioles baseball.
Long story short; everyone please be safe, be civil, and shut the fuck up.
  • Like 1