Anyone Else Loves "Double Talkin Jive" But Feels Its Incomplete?

yes

FUCKING AWESOME SONG

the spanish caravan like outro is amazing

they should have kept going with it but hey it's still sweet as is

i also think the live version with axl's rant intro and live on PPV in Paris was very bad ass as well

Yeah it was. It was very bad ass, and I'm glad you've found the perfect way to describe that very bad ass PPV performance.

ok the way he said this is a song called double talkin jive motherfucker and we'll dedicate that to (however was on his shitlist at the time).... was AWESOME!!!!! :)

Just weird that after the second chorus, it suddenly goes to the end. Still a great song though.

I prefer the live version with Axl on vocals

The studio version not doing any justice for DTJ

Also the acoustic parts are cool

You're not listening to it correctly. Here's the other half of the song:

Yeah, i noticed first on the Tokyo video

Also don't forget about the PC riff, came from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEo-gg7mE8

Edited by Crash Diet

You have no idea how many times DTJ will play in my head and I'll come in with "Slaves! Hebrews born to serve. .." :lol:

There's a riff that Slash plays live before launching into the main riff, that's a pretty clear nod to Sanitarium

1:10:

3:45:

• Like 1

That Tokyo performance is what made me a fan of the song. Before then, I thought of it as just another song.

Love the vibe Matt, Duff, and Slash give while jamming the intro. Just like watching them play it for the first time during the Illusion sessions.

And thanks to the guy who brought up the SANITARIUM comparision. Never realized before why I like the Tokyo performance so much! :)

Love the outro for the song, but would have preferred the song be 5x longer of everything that IS there.

I just do not understand that sort of thinking. Some of you people really lack bollocks.

Right, me either. All you have to do is turn on the radio to hear the "hits." Love the deep cuts, on any album. Plus its just a great experience listening to an album straight through.

You have no idea how many times DTJ will play in my head and I'll come in with "Slaves! Hebrews born to serve. .." :lol:

There's a riff that Slash plays live before launching into the main riff, that's a pretty clear nod to Sanitarium

1:10:

3:45:

I always play the Sanitarium riff when playing DTJ as a nod to both bands.

Maybe they edited the song down but I don't know if it was one of Axl's favorites in the beginning and over time it became his platform to call people out with that song. Great song but he never sings it anymore, would have been a good one with some of the Izzy appearances. Unless he was pressed for time (ha) why would he go into WTTJ while they're still going?

Edited by dalsh327