New Josh Freese interview

How many times have I said Freese wrote Chi dem, how many times?!

Sometimes I wonder if Axl did anything.

Finck wrote Better

Bucket wrote Shacklers, Scraped and Sorry

Tobias wrote IRS, TWAT, Catcher, Prostitute

Tommy wrote Riad

Axl wrote This I Love

I'm not sure on SOD, Madagascar, ITW.

Dizzy wrote the piano for SOD? Finck also has credit.

Madagascar was an Axl and Pitman song

ITW seems like Pitman and Bucket.

I know Axl shapes and rewrites and has final say but yeah he didn't write everything.

Finck wrote Better

Tommy wrote Riad

Axl wrote This I Love

I know Axl shapes and rewrites and has final say but yeah he didn't write everything.

Pitman wrote If The World, yeah. Axl wrote This I Love in 93. Leave Axl alone!

After leaving, he got busy with APC for a while. And then he played on another 5000 records. So yeah... I doubt he had time to meet Axl again. Speaking of APC, Billy Howerdell also worked on Chinese Democracy, if I'm not wrong. Their debut album, Mer de Noms, is just sublime. It's funny how I became a Maynard fan because of APC, not Tool. I remember being blown away by their performance of "3 libras" in some talk show a long time ago. I'm glad he left Guns, APC wouldn't be the same without Josh.

Noooo!!!!! And here all these while I thought you chose 'maynard' because of your fascination with Sharon Maynard aka Yoda ROFLMAO. Apologies for my ignorance.

Finck wrote Better

Tommy wrote Riad

Axl wrote This I Love

That only proves that this is a band, not Axl's solo projet as everybody contributes and writes songs...

Finck wrote Better

Tommy wrote Riad

Axl wrote This I Love

That only proves that this is a band, not Axl's solo projet as everybody contributes and writes songs...

Axl and his engineer guy copy/pasted May's throwaway take to create the unused Catcher solo. I think it was great. I believe even people here who hates that copy/paste shit, some of them love that solo. Bumble said more then 90% of the solos on Chinese were copy/pasted like that. I guess by Axl and his engineer guy? but Gilmour does that too a lot I think, only he's the guitar player and it's not someone else that fucks with what he played, but It's Axl, and anything goes.

Axl said that if he ever made a solo album, it would probably be instrumental. That's real interesting imo.

But DJ said (lol, lol) that Axl plays him a shitload of tunes in hotel rooms on the piano. I think Axl had plenty of time to write a lot of songs on his own, and my guess is he did, but I don't think he really cares who wrote what, only what are the best songs that fit together here, so Chinese just reflects that principal.

Musicians that worked with Axl said he wants everyone to be a part of the writing process. I guess that doesn't include poor Bumble lol/ :(

Edited by Rovim

But what I caught from Axls explanation was that May didn't like the copy n paste or his own solo. He wanted a solo he did which didn't fit, so Axl/producer put one together.

Axl is known for his straight talking, almost ignorant honesty. But actually he's very intelligent so when he talks its very nuanced and you miss what he's actually saying easily. Okay I'll take his cock out of my mouth now. I think it's a valid point anyway...listerine anyone?

But what I caught from Axls explanation was that May didn't like the copy n paste or his own solo. He wanted a solo he did which didn't fit, so Axl/producer put one together.

Axl is known for his straight talking, almost ignorant honesty. But actually he's very intelligent so when he talks its very nuanced and you miss what he's actually saying easily. Okay I'll take his cock out of my mouth now. I think it's a valid point anyway...listerine anyone?

Axl is highly intelligent and brutally honest. I think May fuckin' hated that solo, and it hurt Axl. I also think Axl couldn't get over it, and attributed that feeling to the solo, which is why he didn't use it eventually. Also seems like Axl rejected what May said after the Catcher demo leaked, his positive comments were too little, too late, but they were still friends cause Axl asked him to play it live or something back in 2006. (I think)

What was the experience like?

. I was on a two-year contract with them...

LOL @ The Axl Rose Project with session players.

When you want total control over a band, and you get it, this is what you do in order to keep total control.

After leaving, he got busy with APC for a while. And then he played on another 5000 records. So yeah... I doubt he had time to meet Axl again. Speaking of APC, Billy Howerdell also worked on Chinese Democracy, if I'm not wrong. Their debut album, Mer de Noms, is just sublime. It's funny how I became a Maynard fan because of APC, not Tool. I remember being blown away by their performance of "3 libras" in some talk show a long time ago. I'm glad he left Guns, APC wouldn't be the same without Josh.

and Slash debut solo album drummed by Freese (except Watch This and Starlight)

Noooo!!!!! And here all these while I thought you chose 'maynard' because of your fascination with Sharon Maynard aka Yoda ROFLMAO. Apologies for my ignorance.

:lol: rip Sharon.

When you want total control over a band, and you get it, this is what you do in order to keep total control.

Exactly! An authoritative dictatorial rule over your session players a band does not make.

Exactly! An authoritative dictatorial rule over your session players a band does not make.

Depends on which band is in question I suppose. There are many types of bands, cause bands are made of people, and everyone brings their own qualities to a group they want to belong to.

Axl is highly intelligent and brutally honest. I think May fuckin' hated that solo, and it hurt Axl. I also think Axl couldn't get over it, and attributed that feeling to the solo, which is why he didn't use it eventually. Also seems like Axl rejected what May said after the Catcher demo leaked, his positive comments were too little, too late, but they were still friends cause Axl asked him to play it live or something back in 2006. (I think)

I think it's something like that, it's not Axl slighting May its that May wasn't really happy with what they did so its a no brainier to get Rons take.

I think it's something like that, it's not Axl slighting May its that May wasn't really happy with what they did so its a no brainier to get Rons take.

Yep. Seems more accurate what with Axl wanting Chinese to be pure. May's Catcher vibe was sniffed, and rejected, but no hard feelings. I also want to hear May's work on Atlas, but Bumble probably reworked that too, which is fine. Just gotten spoiled since we did get both versions of Catcher and I love them both.

I feel like I've read this a while ago but thanks for posting.

So, there use to be contracts but not anymore?

who knows man, I don't see how you can have a band like gnr without contacts of some sort (even though msl is adamant about this)

I have contracts for live shows and for concert recordings for old GNR, so I assume band members would have contracts but the contracts may have expired after Vegas that is possible

wait wait wait...

YOU have contracts for old live recordings, are you a former recording/sound engineer of the classic line up?

If so can you shed some light about uncirculated live recordings?

i collect some unusual things

• Like 1

I feel like I've read this a while ago but thanks for posting.

So, there use to be contracts but not anymore?

who knows man, I don't see how you can have a band like gnr without contacts of some sort (even though msl is adamant about this)

I have contracts for live shows and for concert recordings for old GNR, so I assume band members would have contracts but the contracts may have expired after Vegas that is possible

wait wait wait...

YOU have contracts for old live recordings, are you a former recording/sound engineer of the classic line up?

If so can you shed some light about uncirculated live recordings?

i collect some unusual things

But no bodies in your freezer I hope. On second thought, it's not that unusual nowdays. (I'm not a collector)

Finck wrote Better

Tommy wrote Riad

Axl wrote This I Love

This kinda makes Tobias the best songwriter in post 97 GnR. . .

It's a bit depressing to be honest. :lol:

Finck wrote Better

Tommy wrote Riad

Axl wrote This I Love

Axl is still better imo, but Tobias comes close. Never thought there was anything shitty about Paul as a musician. Every song he wrote with or for Guns (or had a hand in) is enjoyable to me. From Back Off Bitch, to Catcher, to There Was A Time.

Edited by Rovim

Oh he is a good songwriter. It's just that he doesn't really strike me as a professional musician.

Dude left the live band after a few shows because he didn't feel comfortable on the stage...

But yeah, seems he's a better songwriter than most guys who have been in the band so far.

Finck wrote Better

Tommy wrote Riad

Axl wrote This I Love

Axl is still better imo, but Tobias comes close. Never thought there was anything shitty about Paul as a musician. Every song he wrote with or for Guns (or had a hand in) is enjoyable to me. From Back Off Bitch, to Catcher, to There Was A Time.

Agreed

When i first discover his credits i'm surprised.