What does this Breakdown lyric mean?

"If the evil spirit arms the tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the dove, thus spake the super guru."

---Breakdown

WTF was he thinking?? I love Axl, but I believe Izzy, Slash, and Duff could justifiably have lined up, like in the movie Airplane, and taken free shots at Axl for spewing this nonsense. No court would have convicted them once they heard the end of Breakdown.

"If the evil spirit arms the tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the dove, thus spake the super guru."

---Breakdown

WTF was he thinking?? I love Axl, but I believe Izzy, Slash, and Duff could justifiably have lined up, like in the movie Airplane, and taken free shots at Axl for spewing this nonsense. No court would have convicted them once they heard the end of Breakdown.

Ugh, its from a movie. At least be knowledgable when criticizing Axl. He didn't write that speech, so punch the guy that did. You can be angry he chose to recite it from the movie, but it sounds like you think this "nonsense" came from his head.

• Like 1

"If the evil spirit arms the tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the dove, thus spake the super guru." ---Breakdown WTF was he thinking?? I love Axl, but I believe Izzy, Slash, and Duff could justifiably have lined up, like in the movie Airplane, and taken free shots at Axl for spewing this nonsense. No court would have convicted them once they heard the end of Breakdown.

It's also clearly tongue in cheek. Listen to his delivery.

The super guru part might make it sound weird, but that speech actually makes so much sense and is so profoundly inspiring that you've obviously missed the point.

If he had just said "If the evil spirit armed the tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the dove" and left out the entire rest of the speech, you probably would have thought it was a pretty uplifting phrase.

---Breakdown

Before you start spouting nonesense, try Google. It's your friend.

• Like 1