Since I Don't Have You, Music Video.....

They probably thought they would have a hard time conveying exactly who this guy is in the stockings and Victorian clothes.

Marquis de Sade was long since dead (1814) when Queen Victoria ascended the throne (1837). The Victorians also, did not wear stockings. Surely you mean ''Georgian'', or, less Anglocentric, ''First Empire''?

Surely.

As you may infer, I'm quite uncultured.

I just want to say: the Since I Don't Have You music video is probably one of the all time shitty music videos ever made. What the fuck was Axl thinking? Truly horrid and it has Gary Oldman as a fuckin' clown in it. You get Gary Oldman to guest on your music video, and you dress him up like a fuckin' clown, shitty make up and everything. Whatever.

Agree, horrible video.

I think its a really cool, well done video- one of my favorite GNR vids. Gary Oldman makes it top 5 for sure.

It is one of my more favorite as well. I'd rank it 7th though, behind all 4 Appetite era videos (jungle, scom, pc, patience), then behind ycbm, dc, and nr. But I do like it better than the rest of the illusion videos.

• 3 years later...

video was filmed in Jan or Feb 94. Axl and Slash mention how one is gonna be filmed in their January 3rd 94 interview. And the single AFAIK was released March 13th or 14th 1994. So very tight window of a late Jan-February shooting. It's actually my third favorite UYI video after NR and Garden of Eden because of how weird it is. Song is one of my favorite gnr songs too :)

Edited by Fashionista

On 9/4/2014 at 6:29 AM, EvH said:

I still don't get the stupid part when Slash throws his guitar pick at the camera. Looks retarded, with the horrible pink background.

I actually love that part. :lol: 

Slash doesn't give a fuck and that's sort of the vibe I get from that moment. He's the only good thing about that entire video.

I just watched the video again and realized that Matt Sorum has one of the most punchable faces ever.

20 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I actually love that part. :lol: 

Slash doesn't give a fuck and that's sort of the vibe I get from that moment. He's the only good thing about that entire video.

I just watched the video again and realized that Matt Sorum has one of the most punchable faces ever.

giphy.gif

Had to do it :P

• Like 1

On 8/31/2014 at 12:07 PM, Rovim said:

I just want to say: the Since I Don't Have You music video is probably one of the all time shitty music videos ever made. What the fuck was Axl thinking? Truly horrid and it has Gary Oldman as a fuckin' clown in it. You get Gary Oldman to guest on your music video, and you dress him up like a fuckin' clown, shitty make up and everything. Whatever.

I think that was Gary's idea. 

I have to agree with every word you wrote, though. I would watch Gary in anything and everything but I have no desire to watch him in that video. It's a horrid character he plays.

I just realized this thread is over three years old. But my feelings haven't changed a hair.

Edited by appetite4illusions

On 11/13/2017 at 12:00 PM, Fashionista said:

SIDHY is probably their best cover. If studio KOHD was like the live version from '88 that would win out though.

I'm sorry Live and Let Die? Mama Kin? 

On 11/13/2017 at 11:15 AM, EvH said:

giphy.gif

Had to do it :P

This makes me want to punch Matt Sorum, nuns and babies

Edited by 98izzark