the whole axl is retiring and dissolving gnr rumor

Not from Bumblefoot. Beta thought it was him, but she was wrong.

And you know this how? Did she say it? I wasn't around the forums much when this all went down.

There's also only so many times he can go out playing the same show.

Challenge accepted

:blink: Axl? Ha, hey, anyone know where the nearest insane asylum is? Not for him but for me? I wish you were Axl. :max:

Axl is far too comfortable, that's the problem, he also does not seem to hold himself accountable for the continuing success of GNR, like Corgan and Mustaine, they feel the goddamn NEED, vital and stabbing, to persist and delve into the treacherous waters of keeping the band ''current'' and ticking over, this guy seems to have removed himself from the nagging nucleus he once slotted himself in, he has his fingers, only his, on all the buttons but he stays placid and satisfied. BBF has tried to coax him out, get the aggression in progression back but failed, if a guy of 6+ years can't do it, who can? Finck, Slash and Buckethead all leaped across the land when they realized he wasn't responding, the leaks seemed to prod him into action for CD, I just don't comprehend the guy's inability for creation, we all know he has plenty of cash and likes the same tour with little surprises thrown in (instigated by Bumblefoot)... he needs some kinda motivation since his timescale is skewered and let's be honest, somewhat deluded. New GNR has had several opportunities in several periods of time, to exceed expectations but it has stalled due to Mr Rose.

Axl is far too comfortable, that's the problem, he also does not seem to hold himself accountable for the continuing success of GNR, like Corgan and Mustaine, they feel the goddamn NEED, vital and stabbing, to persist and delve into the treacherous waters of keeping the band ''current'' and ticking over, this guy seems to have removed himself from the nagging nucleus he once slotted himself in, he has his fingers, only his, on all the buttons but he stays placid and satisfied. BBF has tried to coax him out, get the aggression in progression back but failed, if a guy of 6+ years can't do it, who can? Finck, Slash and Buckethead all leaped across the land when they realized he wasn't responding, the leaks seemed to prod him into action for CD, I just don't comprehend the guy's inability for creation, we all know he has plenty of cash and likes the same tour with little surprises thrown in (instigated by Bumblefoot)... he needs some kinda motivation since his timescale is skewered and let's be honest, somewhat deluded. New GNR has had several opportunities in several periods of time, to exceed expectations but it has stalled due to Mr Rose.

Axl lives inside his bubble. If he feels like doing something he'll seriously try, but if he thinks it's not the right time, or for whatever (insane) reason he's just not feeling it, nothing will convince him to act, to make a move. He'll just think about it some more, come back to it later. Everything takes years cause Axl has the power to live that way: to not consider what other people think is the right way of doing things (it's actually the right way imo)

No limitations, and total control can lead you to nothing. Nothing gets done, or at least it takes so long to reach the end of the process that it becomes irrelevant and people quit on you cause they don't have the time to fuck around cause they're not insane/don't have that kind of money/got families/are prolific/give a fuck.

• Like 1

What i heard regarding this, was that Axl sometimes would be so frustrated that he would just feel like ending everything for good.

But don't we all have the same feeling when we go to work? I mean you're gonna say that there isn't a day when you think that you should leave your current job to do whatever you want to do?!

I think people should be happy GNR is around at all...Cause once they're gone, believe me you'll miss it!

Absolutely. Since I Don't Have You is quite possibly the most depressing GnR song for me to hear because I associate it with "the end" of the band. So happy Axl brought it back to life and we all should be thankful. In the end, it doesn't matter how long it takes for the music to come out. It's all part of the GnR catalogue. Once the songs are heard, the frustration of uncertainty and impatience will dissolve. With that being said, I can't wait to hear what's in "the vault."

Edited by majormayhem

Axl lives inside his bubble. If he feels like doing something he'll seriously try, but if he thinks it's not the right time, or for whatever (insane) reason he's just not feeling it, nothing will convince him to act, to make a move. He'll just think about it some more, come back to it later. Everything takes years cause Axl has the power to live that way: to not consider what other people think is the right way of doing things (it's actually the right way imo)

No limitations, and total control can lead you to nothing. Nothing gets done, or at least it takes so long to reach the end of the process that it becomes irrelevant and people quit on you cause they don't have the time to fuck around cause they're not insane/don't have that kind of money/got families/are prolific/give a fuck.

Best post here on a long time

• Like 1

I'm sure alot have actually retired...but other than that chick from Jefferson Starship (and she had some classic quotes about old singers too) what former rock 'star' has really retired? I can't think of any. Steve Perry? But did he retire or just walk away/have some issues upstairs (head)? It just seems it's in these guys blood and it's all they know (performing music). Mccartney is 70ish and still rolling...Mick...Dylan....etc.....

I think people should be happy GNR is around at all...Cause once they're gone, believe me you'll miss it!

Absolutely. Since I Don't Have You is quite possibly the most depressing GnR song for me to hear because I associate it with "the end" of the band. So happy Axl brought it back to life and we all should be thankful. In the end, it doesn't matter how long it takes for the music to come out. It's all part of the GnR catalogue. Once the songs are heard, the frustration of uncertainty and impatience will dissolve. With that being said, I can't wait to hear what's in "the vault."

The problem is essentially that.

Most people here "including me" only started to follow GNR after 2002. Of course there's the "Old timers" that were lucky enough to see the Original Band live or that are still here even though they've followed the band since then, no disrespect to them intended, but most of the guys here started to follow GNR when the new incarnation was in place already.

Had they've been following GNR from the start and between 94 - 2001 they would have gone nuts... because during those times... it was so silent that people would wonder if Axl was still alive. Rarely you would have someone on tv doing a behind the music or something like that, but there was no news... you had the occasional interview as well, but nothing really significant.

If they had followed GNR from that era, they would be happy that they're touring and that they're this active!

• Like 1

New to this forum, just really surprised how many GNR fan's there are out there (in here) who do to Axl what the general public and the media have done to him for the last 25-ish years. Not to mention the people in his life before GNR. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion...what we're not entitled to do is think we know everything about someone we've never met and use rumors to pass judgement.

Just surprised by all the Axl criticism and how it seems some fans have accepted the media's version of who they say he is. Or do you guys know him personally? Are you his friends? If so, my apologies, just ignore me...can you introduce us?

Causing drama out the gate wasn't the way I wanted to introduce myself...but, fuck it! I learned from the best.

Edited by IndyRose
  • Like 1

New to this forum, just really surprised how many GNR fan's there are out there (in here) who do to Axl what the general public and the media have done to him for the last 25-ish years. Not to mention the people in his life before GNR. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion...what we're not entitled to do is think we know everything about someone we've never met and use rumors to pass judgement.

Just surprised by all the Axl criticism and how it seems some fans have accepted the media's version of who they say he is. Or do you guys know him personally? Are you his friends? If so, my apologies, just ignore me...can you introduce us?

Causing drama out the gate wasn't the way I wanted to introduce myself...but, fuck it! I learned from the best.

People are just out to get Axl, that's all.

It's a shame to see how he has been victimised and sabotaged over the years, but that's life.

Replace the word Axl with Htiler.

Now that doesn't mean that Axl is to be compared to Hitler, it only debunks your argument that you have to know him personally to form an opinion about him.

With Axl, we're talking about a man that due to his actions had Izzy, Slash & Duff leave and fired Matt. He replaced these members with a bunch of hired guns (pun intended) that created an album that was released against his own will. Now, almost all those members left out of frustration with Axl and were replaced with other hired guns (again, pun intended). He now has a band full of members who are fully capable of putting on a good live show, even if he doesn't bother to prepare his voice for a tour, and that's all there is to it now. Because these members couldn't write an unforgettable rock song to save their lives, so no new music is in the cards.

So, morally, how acceptable is it that there's not going to be any new music released, but Axl continues to use the Guns N' Roses name in which he sings the songs people want to hear, but not one other musician in the band had any part in the process of actually creating those songs. It's a cover band with the original singer in it. Nothing more, nothing less.