the whole axl is retiring and dissolving gnr rumor

I don't have the patience to figure out how to quote someone, I already fucked it up once so I'm just going to speak to those who still, after everything, likes to blame every GNR problem on Axl.

"None of us stood back and took a moment to ask one another or ourselves, 'How do we do this? How can we get everyone together and working and satisfied?' We needed to be clearheaded about it; if one thing didn't work, we'd need to keep trying. But we didn't do that. Outside of the fact that our management didn't care to take the lead, the biggest catalyst to the demise of the band was the lack of communication among the members.

Admittedly, I was pigheaded; I didn't want to always feel like I was bending over backward. I thought of us as equals, and I was making a conscientious effort to get things going, but I didn't have the wherewithal to understand what Axl was expecting, or the patience to sit down and talk it out with him."

"If you rundown the history of the demise of great rock bands, more often than not you'll discover that many of them dumped their original manager on their way to grasping the brass ring, and once they did it, it all got fucked up. I'm kind of pissed off that we followed that tradition. As self-destructive as we may or may not have been, and despite the communication barriers between the members, we had the desire to play music and move forward at all costs. That an outside influence completely disrupted the band really is a shame."

"If I knew then what I know now, had I been more experienced and more self-protective and more suspicious of the players involved-and I'm not even talking about Axl so much as the people he hired to guide him through this-it might have been handled differently. He hired people who had nothing but money making off him in mind. If it had been otherwise, or if he and I had been able to discuss it face-to-face, there might have been a greater degree of preservation in regard to our mutual interests as a band. But I don't believe in 'if's'"

All quotes from Slash's book "Slash" There's an ass-load more instances in the book, and so many other sources, actual words from the actual members, all saying basically the same thing. Axl wasn't always easy, but he was brilliant and integral to the success of GNR, without him they wouldn't have had the same success, they wouldn't have written the music we all love, they wouldn't have been GNR, they wouldn't have been, period. He didn't think, behave, or react to the world the way most do, he had then, and maybe still does, a different way of seeing things. Which, in my personal opinion, is my favorite thing about him. Slash doesn't blame Axl for the break-up...so why do you? Why do you think you know more about it then they do? Why do you think you know these guys, or why they did what they did, or do what they do? THAT's why I CAN, and DO, point my finger at you and ask how you know what you say you know, or why you speak as though you know them? How can anyone, anywhere, use what we hear and see in the media as factual information? If I don't hear it from their mouths, it has the potential to be misconstrued, manipulated, misinterpreted, simply...not true.

One more quote for the Axl haters/blamer's...

Talking about Scott (Velvet Revolver) "Then Scott released his own rebuttal. He attacked Axl on every level. And my instinctual reaction wasn't 'you're right,' it was 'You can't talk shit about Axl!' I can talk shit about Axl, I can talk shit about Axl all day if I want to-that's because I've had to deal with him for years. But neither Scott, NOR ANYONE ELSE has that right."

Also Slash from "Slash". I added the all caps thing in order to emphasize...YOU weren't there, YOU have no right to form an opinion, YOU talk a bunch of shit, using as many big words as your thesaurus can generate, adding to the lies and bullshit that has done NOTHING but help create more lies and more bullshit, which does NOTHING but add just one more fucking exclamation point to "The original GNR will never play together again!!!!!" For me, and fans like me...it's the saddest true statement that has ever been uttered.

I doubt many will read all of this, I know it's too long, but for those of you who love GNR, in every way...old and new, who love Axl and everything that makes him who he is, as well as every other member, thank you. Thanks for supporting them no matter what. You are my favorite people in the world. This band is who I am, and I'm proud as hell of that fact. If you don't like who I am, don't like what I have to say...I see you standing there, you think you're so cool, why don't you just...Fuck Off!

Cheesus kryst. :mellow: (0:28:)

Good one...?

Who has time to write an essay like that on a gnr forum?

Me. I can spend the next hour telling you why I have the time, but instead I'll just say...GNR is what I do most of the time, and I couldn't care less what that means to you.
if it's gnr 24/7 for you how come you just recently found this place?

you have a comment on the topic? you think axl just said fuck it one day he's dissolving gnr? or was it a spiteful employee?

• Like 1

I kind of go with quality over quantity more. With a side order of fear. Maybe it's not fear Axl is just determined not to make a bland by the numbers record that isn't liked and tortures his psyche. he doesn't want that to be GNR. 5 studio albums is enough for a career?

Edited by wasted

I don't have the patience to figure out how to quote someone, I already fucked it up once so I'm just going to speak to those who still, after everything, likes to blame every GNR problem on Axl.

Talking about Scott (Velvet Revolver) "Then Scott released his own rebuttal. He attacked Axl on every level. And my instinctual reaction wasn't 'you're right,' it was 'You can't talk shit about Axl!' I can talk shit about Axl, I can talk shit about Axl all day if I want to-that's because I've had to deal with him for years. But neither Scott, NOR ANYONE ELSE has that right."

Also Slash from "Slash". I added the all caps thing in order to emphasize...YOU weren't there, YOU have no right to form an opinion, YOU talk a bunch of shit, using as many big words as your thesaurus can generate, adding to the lies and bullshit that has done NOTHING but help create more lies and more bullshit, which does NOTHING but add just one more fucking exclamation point to "The original GNR will never play together again!!!!!" For me, and fans like me...it's the saddest true statement that has ever been uttered.

I doubt many will read all of this, I know it's too long, but for those of you who love GNR, in every way...old and new, who love Axl and everything that makes him who he is, as well as every other member, thank you. Thanks for supporting them no matter what. You are my favorite people in the world. This band is who I am, and I'm proud as hell of that fact. If you don't like who I am, don't like what I have to say...I see you standing there, you think you're so cool, why don't you just...Fuck Off!

And who the hell are you to put all fans here in one place and decide that we are all talking out of our ass? HUH?

You do the same thing you are complaining about. You dont know ANY person here. So unless you know all of us, in person and from a long time ago, you shouldn't come telling us to shut up if you can't do the same from your sidewalk.

You know jack shit too. YOU WEREN'T THERE EITHER. Unless you are some undercover member of the band, unless you are Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy using a nickname to post here, you have no right to come tell us these things.

Show your ID or fuck off! :fuckyou:

Who has time to write an essay like that on a gnr forum?

Me. I can spend the next hour telling you why I have the time, but instead I'll just say...GNR is what I do most of the time, and I couldn't care less what that means to you.
if it's gnr 24/7 for you how come you just recently found this place?

you have a comment on the topic? you think axl just said fuck it one day he's dissolving gnr? or was it a spiteful employee?

I recently came to a place in my life where I can spend my time doing what I want. If you're implying that I'm not a real GNR fan because I'm new here, it's just too stupid to respond to. Do you want me to post a daily log reporting on exactly how I spend my GNR time? There are other ways to be a fan without being a part of forums, many other ways. My rant was in response to someone saying Axl made Slash quit. As far as the topic...I think it's clear I don't pay attention to rumors. If he doesn't say it, it doesn't mean shit to me.

• Like 1

And who the hell are you to put all fans here in one place and decide that we are all talking out of our ass? HUH?

You do the same thing you are complaining about. You dont know ANY person here. So unless you know all of us, in person and from a long time ago, you shouldn't come telling us to shut up if you can't do the same from your sidewalk.

You know jack shit too. YOU WEREN'T THERE EITHER. Unless you are some undercover member of the band, unless you are Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy using a nickname to post here, you have no right to come tell us these things.

Show your ID or fuck off! :fuckyou:

I haven't put all the fans in here in one place, I haven't decided that you are all talking out your asses. I don't do the same thing I am complaining about. The only thing you're right about it that I don't know any person here. I was talking to one person. That's why I said I intended to quote someone, but didn't have the patience to figure it out on my handheld. I was talking to the member who lumped it all together, everything that took place between the original members, and pointed it all at Axl. I wasn't there, that's why I don't have an opinion as to why it went down the way it did, because I don't know what happened, just like everyone else here. I used Slash's own words to prove that he can look back and see how each of them played their roll in the decline of the group's collaboration and friendship. Slash also said that Axl's version of events are just as real and relevant as his own. Simply put, it pisses me off that anyone (here or anywhere) thinks they have the right to place blame on someone concerning a situation they weren't involved in, especially when the media is involved. I truly am surprised by the animosity SOME fans feel they have the right to have towards Axl, and wonder what it's like to be a fan of a band who has a singer/songwriter you hate, or dislike enough to bitch and complain about. You...need to pop a xanax and try not assuming the worst in people. I wasn't talking to the group as a whole, in case you didn't read that part either. Every forum has members who the rest are too afraid to tell the truth to, for all I know, you run this shit. Thing is...I don't care. I'm a fan, I'm here because I need more, more GNR, in whatever way I can get it. I wanted to talk about the greatness that is GNR, which whether some like it or not, means the greatness that is Axl muther fucking Rose! Yeah, maybe you can like the music and not like the man, but why bother commenting on the aspects of the band you don't like? This is a fan forum, correct? Oh, and, fuck you too:))

• Like 1

So why does Axl hate Slash's guts? I find it hard to believe Axl hates Slash specifically over Izzy and Duff for no reason. Slash needs to open up about that.

the million dollar question right there. duswalt's? book said it was tied to a certain event or circumstance.

I haven't put all the fans in here in one place, I haven't decided that you are all talking out your asses. I don't do the same thing I am complaining about. The only thing you're right about it that I don't know any person here. I was talking to one person. That's why I said I intended to quote someone, but didn't have the patience to figure it out on my handheld. I was talking to the member who lumped it all together, everything that took place between the original members, and pointed it all at Axl. I wasn't there, that's why I don't have an opinion as to why it went down the way it did, because I don't know what happened, just like everyone else here. I used Slash's own words to prove that he can look back and see how each of them played their roll in the decline of the group's collaboration and friendship. Slash also said that Axl's version of events are just as real and relevant as his own. Simply put, it pisses me off that anyone (here or anywhere) thinks they have the right to place blame on someone concerning a situation they weren't involved in, especially when the media is involved. I truly am surprised by the animosity SOME fans feel they have the right to have towards Axl, and wonder what it's like to be a fan of a band who has a singer/songwriter you hate, or dislike enough to bitch and complain about. You...need to pop a xanax and try not assuming the worst in people. I wasn't talking to the group as a whole, in case you didn't read that part either. Every forum has members who the rest are too afraid to tell the truth to, for all I know, you run this shit. Thing is...I don't care. I'm a fan, I'm here because I need more, more GNR, in whatever way I can get it. I wanted to talk about the greatness that is GNR, which whether some like it or not, means the greatness that is Axl muther fucking Rose! Yeah, maybe you can like the music and not like the man, but why bother commenting on the aspects of the band you don't like? This is a fan forum, correct? Oh, and, fuck you too:))

Well, you sounded like that... so Im sorry if it wasn't your intention....

Either way, you can't control what people say or think or have an opinion about. We are free and this is a discussion board. It's meant to discuss topics related to the band and those topics may be pleasant or unpleasant. Trying to make this place a site where only the good and the nice is talked about would be too boring. Specially, because there's nothing exciting to talk about this band. They were a great band, they are a classic now. Axl is one of the last rockstars alive.... we all know that. We are all aware of that... so what else should we say about that? It would be talking the obvious and repeating ourselves to total boredom.

There may be people who choose to believe the demise of this band is an exclusive decision made by Axl. That's ok because everyone is entitled to their opinions. Now, there are a lot other people here, who may be older than 15, who have some life experience and experience in relationships and know that a relationship is a two way street. A band is a relationship as well. This band was a relationship of five and no one in their sane mind, or older than 15, could ever possibly believe the whole thing is Axl's fault. It is common to believe this because he's the most visible and famous member of the band and also because he kept the name of the band. Had he gone solo and quitted Guns N' Roses just like the other members, I'm pretty sure big part of that blame would have been taken off his shoulders.

If you are here to talk about Axl greatness, then do so! Who's gonna stop you? Just try to be tolerant and realize that this is not a dictatorship, that there are all sorts of fans out there. And there are different ways of approaching and experiencing fanatism for an artist. Some people will be more passionate, others will be more critic, others will act indifferent at times and others will express their personal frustrations about the current situation of this band... which is pretty dark and discouraging.

Just live and let die... if you love Axl, follow his advice.

So why does Axl hate Slash's guts? I find it hard to believe Axl hates Slash specifically over Izzy and Duff for no reason. Slash needs to open up about that.

the million dollar question right there. duswalt's? book said it was tied to a certain event or circumstance.
Is it just the holding the crowd to ransom for Axl to steal the name. This one piece of disinformation cause Axl much butthurt.

Is it just the holding the crowd to ransom for Axl to steal the name. This one piece of disinformation cause Axl much butthurt.

Hmmm... what's happening here? feeling nostalgic? if so, then me too. "why can't they just sort shit out so we can enjoy that perfect chemistry?"

Axl hinted at sharing more in the future with his tip of the iceberg essay, but even with just the tip I can guess it's something horrible like maybe Slash raped Axl's entire family and got away with it and/or was a part of some area 51 conspiracy. Whatever it is, it's unforgivable so NITL.

Edited by Rovim

Hmmm... what's happening here? feeling nostalgic? if so, then me too. "why can't they just sort shit out so we can enjoy that perfect chemistry?"

Axl hinted at sharing more in the future with his tip of the iceberg essay, but even with just the tip I can guess it's something horrible like maybe Slash raped Axl's entire family and got away with it and/or was a part of some area 51 conspiracy. Whatever it is, it's unforgivable so NITL.

it could be anything? if I had to guess it would be something over a woman