The "Hipster" Sanctuary

Broskirose

:lol: How do you wear a T-shirt ironically ?

It's easy, wear a shirt with something you don't like printed on it. I had a Bob the Builder shirt years ago. I've never built anything in my entire life and I didn't even watch the show. Shit,I used to be so cool.

Yeah, I've never been that cool. Might be an excuse to dig up my old Guns T-shirt. People will think I wear it ironically.

:lol: How do you wear a T-shirt ironically ?

It's easy, wear a shirt with something you don't like printed on it. I had a Bob the Builder shirt years ago. I've never built anything in my entire life and I didn't even watch the show. Shit,I used to be so cool.

Yeah, I've never been that cool. Might be an excuse to dig up my old Guns T-shirt. People will think I wear it ironically.

Gnr shirts are for momrock enthusiasts and hipsters. :D

For me, it was specifically Head Like a Hole and Something I Can Never Have that first turned me onto them...with Wish and Downward Spiral afterwards.

Do you remember the first NIN song that really got your attention and made you a fan?

The first NIN song that grabbed my attention was Terrible Lie. I had PHM on cassette and I still think that album is in my top 10 albums ever. Without question its the best NIN album in my opinion. Favourite song by them is That's What I Get. Listened to Broken a lot though when it came out and loved Wish, Gave Up and Physical.

I'd like this to be the one thread on the forum where people who don't listen exclusively to guitar rock can discuss music with each other and talk about new releases they're into without being met with annoying rageposts from people who think that they are "hipsters".

So yeah, it doesn't have to be actual hipster music. Just the broad definition of "hipster" music that some people on this forum use. As in - basically everything besides legacy acts and Wolfmother.

Please keep this thread free of the following:

-dadrock

-age arguments

-Lemmy Kilmister :facepalm:

-classic rock magazine articles

-"talent" arguments

-loltrent

-AIDS

-bandanas

-Mike420 :P

Remember that this a place of sanctuary. Be respectful of each other and make it a positive thread for fans of music. :thumbsup:

Does that mean you'll do the same thing and respect other people in their music threads?

If you don't want people posting and being negative in here, hopefully you'll follow your own advice in other people's topics.

I'd like this to be the one thread on the forum where people who don't listen exclusively to guitar rock can discuss music with each other and talk about new releases they're into without being met with annoying rageposts from people who think that they are "hipsters".

So yeah, it doesn't have to be actual hipster music. Just the broad definition of "hipster" music that some people on this forum use. As in - basically everything besides legacy acts and Wolfmother.

-dadrock

-age arguments

-"talent" arguments

-loltrent

-AIDS

-bandanas

Remember that this a place of sanctuary. Be respectful of each other and make it a positive thread for fans of music. :thumbsup:

Does that mean you'll do the same thing and respect other people in their music threads?

If you don't want people posting and being negative in here, hopefully you'll follow your own advice in other people's topics.

No, it doesn't mean that. Because this is a particular thread is for sanctuary from buttrockers and their rage. Like I said, you're more than welcome to make your own thread of sanctuary from young people and hipsters if you'd like. ;)

Diggin on this song quite a bit.

Really dark, chill, with some bluesy vibes

Pretty cool tune man. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Broskirose

I refuse to be confined to a sanctuary. I will continue to make non-Nobody puts baby in a corner posts in My World and wfa/mikeshit20 will deal with it accordingly.

By all means please do. This wasn't meant as a place of confinement. Just a place where the anti-hipster regime would not enter.

Diggin on this song quite a bit.

Really dark, chill, with some bluesy vibes

I'm listening to the whole Psychic album right now. This is some really good stuff. The track Golden Arrow was superb.

I'll have to check it out, I've actually only heard that one song by them

Really cool sample artist

This one is just a straight forward catchy pop song

tUnE-yArDs is one of my favorite artists right now. Super weird art pop, but their music is really fun. They're starting to blow up now that some of their songs are getting featured in big shows like Orange is the New Black.

Fantastic guitar player. He had all the pedal and effects genius that The Edge does, but with twice the technical skill to back it up. Really accessible, I recommend this guys music to everyone, not just hipsters.

• Like 1

-dadrock

-age arguments

-"talent" arguments

-loltrent

-AIDS

-bandanas

Wow, called me out by name even huh???

I had no idea my little opinions made such an impact, to specifically ban me from a thread. But ok, I respect your opinion and will not disrespect any of the music discussed in this thread.

Edited by Mike420

I refuse to be confined to a sanctuary. I will continue to make non-Nobody puts baby in a corner posts in My World and wfa/mikeshit20 will deal with it accordingly.

Man o' Man, I'm just a popular topic of discussion in this thread.....

Not sure what I did to become so HATED amoung our younger friends?