Ads income

UK SUBS

This has come up, again to I thought in the interest of transparency I'd reveal the following;

Server fee $330

Ads (with google adsense it would vary between *using pounds to me more accurate* £100 - 190* a month, averaging around..... £120?? Ish. Now I'm with chikita and guys YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH INCOME IVE HAD.... ***big reveal coming*** $0.50 a day! Lol. YUP!!

I have received very generous support financially from a few members and one private backer to keep the forum afloat. Fact is, I promise you, without donations this place will not survive unless I make to pro boards or similar and if that's what you guys want. No problem.

So there you have the truth.

If any supporters need screen shots or my login details to clarify this information please don't hesitate to PM.

:)

• Like 1

Thanks man.

Never show your hand in poker first *top tip* ;)

Last 7 days? Here you go :)

Total 144,365 42 0.03% $0.00 $0.45

Sep 12, 2014 20,797 5 0.02% $0.00 $0.04

Sep 11, 2014 20,415 5 0.02% $0.00 $0.08

Sep 10, 2014 20,220 8 0.04% $0.01 $0.10

Sep 9, 2014 19,953 7 0.04% $0.00 $0.08

Sep 8, 2014 21,683 6 0.03% $0.00 $0.04

Sep 7, 2014 19,732 5 0.03% $0.00 $0.06

Sep 6, 2014 21,565 6 0.03% $0.00 $0.03

Download

So without donations the haters win :(

Thanks guys!

NB -- I'd be earning more if I hadn't have disabled the ads for non supporters but it's what the community wanted so......?

Wasn't like two people that complained though? Half a dollar a week won't help at all, it's just a couple of dollar a month. Wasn't the complaints just that it was pop up ads? Earlier before that they were just solid in one spot on the forum, if they're just back there they wouldn't really bother anyone, no?

I always thought the ads generated more money. I remember someone told me his site got a few dollar a month from ads and that site is like a hundred times (if not more) smaller than this.

Wasn't like two people that complained though? Half a dollar a week won't help at all, it's just a couple of dollar a month. Wasn't the complaints just that it was pop up ads? Earlier before that they were just solid in one spot on the forum, if they're just back there they wouldn't really bother anyone, no?I always thought the ads generated more money. I remember someone told me his site got a few dollar a month from ads and that site is like a hundred times (if not more) smaller than this.

Since the takeover the ads -- even in their height -- have never ever exceeded server costs of $330. And even if they had (they haven't) it's my forum right? After a significant investment an saving this forum would I not deserve a little extra income? No?

It might be fun to let this die and sit back as watch the small minded go "ohhhhhhhj yeah he was right"

Don't ask for donations? The forum will die

Ask for donations? I'm greedy and making money

I'm damned either way.

Again, your forum, your community, if you want this place to die don't donate!! :)

Oh sorry, I didn't even realise it came across that way. Wasn't my intention. I believe you when you say it doesn't make that much money.

Anyway, isn't there any way to decrease the server costs? It's running smoothly and all is great, but it ran just as smoothly when Axl toured and when there were leaks. I assume the activity increased at those times (and thus has decreased since). So perhaps it's possible to have a lower server cost at least when Axl don't tour? 330 dollar is a ridiculously high amount for someone to waste on a forum. I mean, don't do what Eric did and have a site that is slow to load and that goes down all the time because of a bad server, but yeah, I don't know. I know nothing about those things. 330 dollar is just insane to me.

The server costs can be seen here. The forum is signed up for the "450" plan, which relates to the number of online users it's licensed for.

It's $330 a month as Subsy has stated many, many times:

T5yNlpG.png

We were able to get dropped to the "175" plan for two (maybe three?) months at one point when the board was very quiet.... that plan is only $120 a month, and the board was able to make a profit those few months. That's it.

For Subsy to be making "$190" a month as someone claimed, he would need to be bringing in something like $500 a month in ad revenue and donations ( :lol:)! The biggest Adsense payout I ever saw was around $220, but it was usually under $200. Subsy could probably post a screenshot to prove this.

If you're talking over the 2 years it's been - when you factor in what Subsy paid Eric for the board (4 figures), the fact that donations were almost completely dead for a 12 month period AND that Adsense has been out for at least 5 months (if you include the other time it was pulled).... he has made a huge loss on this place. Anyone else telling you otherwise is full of shit.... but I think we all knew that. :)

• Like 4

Probably also worth mentioning that the Eric comparison doesn't even enter the frame here - Eric didn't need to push as hard for donations because mygnr.com was supplementing his income. That site more or less exists to serve ads - at it's peak it would have made way more than this place.

Were you guys not made aware that you could potentially lose money with the site when you took over? Did Eric mislead you into thinking that would not be an issue?

Personally I would hate to see this place shut down. If going to shitty pro boards is a real option, I'd take that over nothing.

• Like 1

Yeah, pro boards would suck because pro boards sucks, but let's do that before shutting the place down.

Don't give those shitbags a platform, Subs. Let people send you PMs if they have questions, and then answer in PMs. I can't believe I'm saying this about people on a music forum, but there are some truly awful folks over there. They don't even deserve to be mentioned on this site.

• Like 1

No I can't blame Eric

He was transparent with the figures. I'll give him that -- tbh I think my pride gets in the way at times. Google ads was enough to keep me just the wrong side of level most months (sometimes worse, occasionally better) and having fun and wanting to maintain it I've kept it rolling. At this stage I'm having personal emails shared when IVE PERSONALLY DONE NOTHING BUT BE GENUINE AND NICE regardless of how anyone tried to spin it. That said, because I knew I was being lined up for a hoax I inflated the income etc etc to make it sound more attractive. Stepped back and thought -- wonder if this person Is genuine. Annnnnnnnnnnnnd, guess what? Lol.

We should all get along -- but others wanting to "kill mygnr" has been their clear agenda from day 1. It's amazing how this brand (mygnr) annoys a few select 'interesting/colourful' characters so much. It's insane. But well, there you are -- it is what it is I guess.

Happy to call a truce at any stage.

Have you ever seen me knock publicly another admin?

Have you ever seen me allow slanderous name calling of other admins?

Have you ever seen me repeat private messages?

Ave you ever seen me post a private email?

It's utterly mind boggling it really is. Was sharing it with my girlfriend today and she just looked at me and laughed and said "you're all a pack of sad bastards" she's got a point. An on that note -- dog walk and helping my daughter with her homework before going out for a nice meal and watch a movie seem more appealing right now.

That's it. Thanks for the support emails and PM's -- best way to say fuck you to them? Donate. If you don't I totally respect that but don't blame me if the site you all hate becomes a realistic viable option for you.

Thank you guys so much I'm a pretty crap admin! Ha.

*locked*

• Like 1