The Seymour Trilogy - Street of Dreams, Better, There was a Time

to me the chronology of writing might be a clue, there's some kind of emotional arch.

Desolation & Alienation

This I Love

Catcher in the Rye

-Axl alone in mansion totally fucked.

Raging don't it feel amazing

Chinese Democracy

IRS

Riad N Bedouins

- Axl realizes people fucked him over, throws a chair at the shark tank

Reflection

Madagascar

SOD

- Axl reflects on the devastated shark tank, he takes the high road, he feels sorry for those people, but wishes them luck.

Resolution

Prostitute

TWAT

- Pretty much over it and leaving for the new world…in a paddle boat that transforms into a Autobot speedboat.

Realisation

Better

- Axl sees he trusted the wrong people, now he knows better etc.

Asskickery

Shackler's

If the World

- Kicking ass and taking names again, found a new love, possibly thinking of going to Appleby's for a fist fight.

Rocknrolla

Scraped

Sorry

- Business as usual, sometimes up, sometimes down, always feeling better than you.

• Like 2

Ben n jerry's is don't cry right?!

Twat is probably my fave song on cd so that last post of mine did it a disservice I think. It's just the guitar sound that tarnishes it for me.

Those tones from slash and his Marshall half-stack were a mile wide. When I say I miss the music that's kinda partly what I mean. To me it was an essential part of the guns experience.

Twat is probably my fave song on cd so that last post of mine did it a disservice I think. It's just the guitar sound that tarnishes it for me.

Those tones from slash and his Marshall half-stack were a mile wide. When I say I miss the music that's kinda partly what I mean. To me it was an essential part of the guns experience.

I agree Slash's guitar tone was perfect for Guns, and it makes sense cause he was THE guitar player of Gn'R.

Having said that...what are you, nuts? listen to Robin's tone on his Twat solo. It's crying. And Bucket's outro! perfect tone bro.

Even if it's just passing phrases in non related songs, the entire CD album feels a bit connected to Stephanie in some way.

No, not the entire album. Not Chinese Democracy, Shackler's, If The World, Catcher, Scraped, Riad, Madagascar, and possibly Sorry (not about Slash lol) and I.R.S.

Not even close.

Even then, throughout the album, there's all these shots in spite or defiance at his antagonists/opponents, and Steph is definitely a big part of that camp.

I feel like Better, SOD, TWAT, Prostitute are more specifically about Seymour.

Chi Dem more band/politcal metaphor

Shackler's - The shootings, Brownstone blamed, Axl is playing the character of the shooter then saying There is no reason, definitely not brownstone?

ITW - new chick, new apocalypse

Catcher - Salinger, Lennon.

Scraped - seems about the band struggles and naysayers, not anything about Seymour really, more directed at the media.

Riad - that guy advising/influencing Erin? Possible Seymour link to court case, Berlin maybe more so?

Madagascar - band, the determination and righteousness, forgive and forget maybe.

Sorry - media, internet, Slash

IRS - Possibly Seymour, he finds out goes apeshit.

So probably not. I'd go with the Tobias songs with Axl that Slash probably avoided. With Better and SOD in there too.

IRS, TWAT, Prostitute - Tobias

Better and SOD - Dizzy/Finck

IRS, SOD, TWAT, Prostitute, Better seems to be a story.

You could add Catcher in at the end like the malaise Axl finds himself in as the dust clears.

Madagascar starts up...

Edited by wasted

I agree Slash's guitar tone was perfect for Guns, and it makes sense cause he was THE guitar player of Gn'R.

Having said that...what are you, nuts? listen to Robin's tone on his Twat solo. It's crying. And Bucket's outro! perfect tone bro.

Agreed, Bucket's outro has great epic feel to it, I like it a lot.

The main twat solo's an interesting case though, because there the tone is definitely good, but IMO the solo itself is seriously overrated. It's just a sequence of simple bends with some minimalist frusciante-style silence. It also really dies on its ass towards the end. If you compare it to the coma solo, breakdown solos, don't damn me solo, civil war, even pretty tied up - it really isn't all that.

It's also become THE go-to guitar moment on cd for Axl apologists, which ironically enough ruins it a little. I'd need to smoke a whole heap of crack before I could hear that solo justifying Axl's choices.

I like Chi dem, Shacklers, ITW and Sorry solos.

For an alternative record CD has great solos but UYI is the full out classic rock solos.

The best Alt rock solo is on Last to Know by Faith No More. Something went down fast.

Jack n Coke solos have their place but not sure if they'd work on Shacklers.

Prostitute is a great solo, something different. It pays off.

Edited by wasted