Teacher thread

AxlsMainMan

And how do you imagine I'm not mentioning reality?

It's not about you.

I was just saying how I couldn't do it. To string them along thinking these subjects are that useful. Or it matters that much. But you'd have to keep them in order and afraid.

Of course in the real world everyone's lying piece of shit but that's the game.

I'd just feel bad taking the money and making them do tests on American Indians.

I guess you just have to not give a shit.

In the real world. So teachers are reduced to glorified babysitters, part of the apparatus of control. Of course they think they are important. But watch them abandon those kids when it really matters. They have no accountability in the long run. But in the short term education system scabs money out of parents with high hopes.

I wouldn't last long. Then they'd find my vodka in the desk draw.

I'm not hating on teachers, I just wonder how they reconcile these things. I just couldn't seperate my crazy thoughts from it. It's a calling.

Parents with high hopes ? Depends on where you teach...Regarding how I reconcile all that : I built a relationship of respect with my classes so they let me do my job. I however let the illusion that I could save those kids from themselves slide. I do my best, hope for the best and let go because at the end of the day my own life matters more to me...Not very glamourous but true nonetheless.

In the real world. So teachers are reduced to glorified babysitters, part of the apparatus of control. Of course they think they are important. But watch them abandon those kids when it really matters. They have no accountability in the long run. But in the short term education system scabs money out of parents with high hopes.

I wouldn't last long. Then they'd find my vodka in the desk draw.

I'm not hating on teachers, I just wonder how they reconcile these things. I just couldn't seperate my crazy thoughts from it. It's a calling.

I try to reconcile it by constantly reminding myself that I'm not a child psychologist or a social worker; I'm simply there to try to teach kids to the best of my abilities. It is really hard though when you have kids in your class with appalling home lives that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy and all you can try to do is make their lives a little easier for the time they're at school.

• 1 month later...