Teacher thread

AxlsMainMan

I think rowdy kids are way easier to deal with for male teachers. Most women don't have the natural authority that men do.

There are definite benefits to being a female teacher though. This week while supply teaching kindergarten a female student didn't make it to the bathroom on time and asked for me to help her get changed and I definitely didn't want to be in that position and called a female co-worker to deal with it.

How is that a benefit for your female co-worker exactly? :lol:

I guess it's not :lol:

I just meant that female teachers by and large have the luxury of not finding themselves in awkward situations with female students.

Female students (18-21) crying in front of you because they failed an exam/assignment is one of the most awkward things ever. For them :lol:

It's even worse when it's a bloke though.

I try to keep students out of my office as much as possible. I just lock the door. Now that's not to say I don't meet them I would just rather grab a coffee with them on campus. They have my email so getting a hold of me is never an issue. But public meetings tend to cut out the likes of the above.

I have the same policy with co-workers. Email me. Then meet for coffee if necessary. Cuts out a lot of the drama thank fuck.

I think rowdy kids are way easier to deal with for male teachers. Most women don't have the natural authority that men do.

There are definite benefits to being a female teacher though. This week while supply teaching kindergarten a female student didn't make it to the bathroom on time and asked for me to help her get changed and I definitely didn't want to be in that position and called a female co-worker to deal with it.

How is that a benefit for your female co-worker exactly? :lol:

I guess it's not :lol:

I just meant that female teachers by and large have the luxury of not finding themselves in awkward situations with female students.

That's true. I'd never do the thing I mentioned earlier where I put my hand on a rowdy student's shoulder if it's a female student for the simple fact that it might make them uncomfortable.

I wish we had more male teachers in my country. Elementary and middle school are basicly all female.

My son could use a male teacher, cause he is very much a boy and the female teachers often don't understand him. I am certain a male teacher would be much better for him.

If you ever need a job, in my country the schools are fighting over male teachers :lol:

• Like 1

I wish we had more male teachers in my country. Elementary and middle school are basicly all female.

My son could use a male teacher, cause he is very much a boy and the female teachers often don't understand him. I am certain a male teacher would be much better for him.

If you ever need a job, in my country the schools are fighting over male teachers :lol:

I don't understand your language, though.

Same here. In my daughter's school (she'll go there until she's 12), there are only two male teachers.

I've a PhD in American Literature

Lecture/Tutor on the likes of Gatsby/Hemingway/Greene - Beat Generation - New Journalism (Hunter S. Thompson, Tom Wolfe, Joan Didion)

Also Drama - Ibsen, Miller & Irish Drama

Romantic Lit - Wordsworth, Coleridge, Byron, Keats, Shelley

Gothic Lit - Shelley, Walpole, Stoker

And some freshman stuff on Joyce

Writing like a madman at the moment for a book project. My head is fucking wrecked.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin' hell boy, Phd? *applauds Facekicker* I've read a great deal of (and in some cases all) of the books of the authors of the books you've mentioned :) That sentence sounds fuckin' odd.

Edited by Lennie Godber

It's like that here too. Kindergarten and elementary school teachers are mostly female. I think it's because most men don't really enjoy the "raising kids" aspect of the job - to me, it's far more interesting to teach teenagers about WWI than it is to teach 8 year olds not to throw crayons at each other.

Yeah, but I really is a shame. Specially for boys like my son, who is very active. He likes sports, playing outside and certainly not sitting still and make drawings. With female teachers I noticed, they don't have patience for that. It's hard for him, he basicly just needs a teacher who understands this.

All that drawing and creative stuff, he really hates it. If the teachers would just put in some more activity in the lessons, he would do way better.

There is only one teacher at his school and I saw him doing exactly that. Besides I think a male 'role model' doesn't hurt kids. It's now so female orientated.

It's like that here too. Kindergarten and elementary school teachers are mostly female. I think it's because most men don't really enjoy the "raising kids" aspect of the job - to me, it's far more interesting to teach teenagers about WWI than it is to teach 8 year olds not to throw crayons at each other.

'He's gay. What kind of a man teaches Kindergarten, he's obviously gay'

:lol:

'He's gay. What kind of a man teaches Kindergarten, he's obviously gay'

:lol:

It's not a toomah.

This would be a great thread if y'all weren't being trolled by the person that all the sudden dropped in and started it to target Mags... just my intuition that is NEVER wrong. Ask my husband about that.

Edit: I mean, come on... A teacher thread with a pedophile avatar? Please guys? This is pretty obvious.

Edited by AdriftatSea

Female student: Mr. magisme, you should come to the gym at night.

Mr. magisme: Why?

Female student: So you can work me out. [group of girls giggling]

Mr. magisme: :mellow:

Probably the only thing my students pull on me that I don't know how to handle.

The appropriate response is 'thanks for the offer my dear but there's more rewarding things i could be getting arrested for tonight, thank you :)

• Like 2

The only teacher I ever had any respect for was my Year 11 English teacher. He would come to school in jeans and a leather motorcycle jacket and played guitar in a cult band called TISM (This Is Serious Mum). They were basically anonymous because they played their gigs with paper bags on their heads.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TISM

Promo pic:

They upgraded to latex masks for this special photo shoot. :lol:

2nm0je8.jpg

My teacher is the guy in the middle. The frontman. :awesomeface:

Knowing anyone in TISM is a huge deal or rather knowing who they are. :lol:

Female student: Mr. magisme, you should come to the gym at night.

Mr. magisme: Why?

Female student: So you can work me out. [group of girls giggling]

Mr. magisme: :mellow:

Probably the only thing my students pull on me that I don't know how to handle.

The appropriate response is 'thanks for the offer my dear but there's more rewarding things i could be getting arrested for tonight, thank you :)
Yeah I'd totally rather go Jack off in a kindergarten toilet.

This would be a great thread if y'all weren't being trolled by the person that all the sudden dropped in and started it to target Mags... just my intuition that is NEVER wrong. Ask my husband about that.

Edit: I mean, come on... A teacher thread with a pedophile avatar? Please guys? This is pretty obvious.

God damn it. You're right, aren't you? I wasn't even paying attention to the OP.

I think I'm done being genuine in any way in public on this forum. With all the new/returning shitheads who just want to use it against you and all the stalker psychos from fatboy's joint - and by "all" I mean the one person with 36 accounts - it's just not worth it anymore. Shame we've let it come to this. PM me if you want to hear from me for real. Otherwise you'll just be seeing fat jokes from here on out.

• Like 1

The only teacher I ever had any respect for was my Year 11 English teacher. He would come to school in jeans and a leather motorcycle jacket and played guitar in a cult band called TISM (This Is Serious Mum). They were basically anonymous because they played their gigs with paper bags on their heads. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TISM

Promo pic:

They upgraded to latex masks for this special photo shoot. :lol:2nm0je8.jpg

My teacher is the guy in the middle. The frontman. :awesomeface:

Knowing anyone in TISM is a huge deal or rather knowing who they are. :lol:

We were all sworn to secrecy never to reveal his identity. :lol:

I heard him interviewed on the radio a couple of months ago and I'm in the car screaming "OMG it's Mr..........!!!!!!"

See, that's what I thought and why I went to teachers college to be able to teach Grade 7-12. However, I don't know if it brings out a maternal instinct in me, but there more time I log in a kindergarten classroom the more I like it better. The kids are always happy and always happy to see you compared to high school, just reading to them or playing with them means the world to them, and the lesson plans are far easier when you're simply teaching the kids the alphabet or to count to 10 instead of the history of WWII.

I targeted someone I didn't even know prior to this thread? lolol

Paranoia to that degree is not healthy.

Edited by AxlsMainMan