Teacher thread

AxlsMainMan

• 3 weeks later...

How about an episode or two of The Bible (it's on Netflix), which was on History Channel I think about two years ago. It was pretty well-made, interesting in both the way they told the stories and visually. I think it was a 12 or 13-parter, so you would have several choices of what story to show them, so you could maybe tailor it to your lesson better.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. We saw the first episode this week and the kids loved it, and we got some good discussions out of it. We'll be seeing another episode on Wednesday, but I haven't decided which one yet. It'll probably be an episode from the new testament.

How about an episode or two of The Bible (it's on Netflix), which was on History Channel I think about two years ago. It was pretty well-made, interesting in both the way they told the stories and visually. I think it was a 12 or 13-parter, so you would have several choices of what story to show them, so you could maybe tailor it to your lesson better.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. We saw the first episode this week and the kids loved it, and we got some good discussions out of it. We'll be seeing another episode on Wednesday, but I haven't decided which one yet. It'll probably be an episode from the new testament.

No rock giants??? :(

Have you considered showing them Life of Brian by the way?

Edited by Dazey

Yeah, I thought about that, but I figured they should get a sense of the stories of the bible before they see the criticism. Most of the kids are already very critical, actually :lol:

You should keep Life of Brian for the end of the year.

Life of Brian is much more hilarious when you are more familiar with the actual stories. You'll get more depth to the jokes. Its reverent irreverence and sometimes irreverent irreverence will be more stimulating and therefore you'll laugh harder. I would suggest, if you do Life of Brian, to play it with subtitles on in addition to the audio because the audio quality on it is a bit shit, and besides, when everyone is laughing, they'll probably miss the next joke.

Jesus Christ why does there have to be so much rules and regulations in Universities?

Supervising exams at the moment and I swear I have more paperwork to fill out in the exam hall than the students sitting the fucking exams.

Wish I could just walk in and announce - "Sit down, shut the fuck up, do your exam, sign it and fuck off again. Or I'll kick you in the face."

And my last post might be the other way around at the end of this :lol:

Edited by Facekicker
  • Like 1

I think that the area that I need to work on is adapting my teaching methods to kids with ADD, dyslexia and other issues that interfere with their learning. I hadn't really thought about the possibility that it'd be harder to teach some students elementary academic phrases in Social Studies than it is to teach other students of the same age about complex social structures and politics.

I think that the area that I need to work on is adapting my teaching methods to kids with ADD, dyslexia and other issues that interfere with their learning. I hadn't really thought about the possibility that it'd be harder to teach some students elementary academic phrases in Social Studies than it is to teach other students of the same age about complex social structures and politics.

Have you considered taking a special education course? Just volunteering with special needs students might be a positive experience as well.

I know for me that working one-on-one with kindergarteners with ASD before I went to teachers college is easily one of the most rewarding things I've ever done.

I have a lot of experience with this is if you ever want to shoot the shit about it.

I have a lot of experience with this is if you ever want to shoot the shit about it.

Cool, I appreciate that.