Teacher thread

AxlsMainMan

I've started getting principal and vice-principal supply work. While I enjoy the feeling of slowly but surely moving up the ladder, the truly endless paperwork and dealing with problem children is rather stressful.

That's cool, man. I still haven't decided if I want to go that route myself, or continue with a PhD and start teaching at university level after a while.

Best of luck, Sir. Part of me kinda' thinks I should at least do a Masters, but I'm rather burnt out after BA and BEd.

• 2 weeks later...

I was once told nutty parents are the worst part of this profession. I'm starting to agree.

They sure are.

I don't know what it is with Grade 1. JK/SK is a blast and Grade 2 and 3 are fine, but Grade 1 is always an utter nightmare to supply teach.

How the parents there nutty? I'm having a run-in with a parent who is pissed because her kid has gotten worse grades since I took over the class.

If I have 3 pizzas in my kitchen worth 10 bucks but I still owe Hakeem at the local Indian 5 for me curry, what's me owner's equity?

The only counting you do is for the time-lock they put on your fridge to stop you eating yourself to death :lol: That and the clock on the oven :lol:

I'm only 250 pounds compared to 190 pre Christmas. That's only 60 pounds. Edited by Johnny Drama

I was once told nutty parents are the worst part of this profession. I'm starting to agree.

They sure are.

I don't know what it is with Grade 1. JK/SK is a blast and Grade 2 and 3 are fine, but Grade 1 is always an utter nightmare to supply teach.

How the parents there nutty? I'm having a run-in with a parent who is pissed because her kid has gotten worse grades since I took over the class.

Get friendly with the office jockeys at your school and then direct shithead parents their way. That's what I do.

Get friendly with the office jockeys at your school and then direct shithead parents their way. That's what I do.

Can't really do that when the parents are asking for details about my tests and shiet. Looks like I'm in the clear, though - I've discussed the case with the administration and they're on my side.

Yup, but some kids don't show their tests to their parents. He's gone from the equivalent of a B to a D+ in one of my classes and from a B to a C in another. The kid is lazy and it seems like the parents refuse to see that. He basically brought a shitty report card and a a lot of excuses home, among them a claim that I don't teach certain aspects of my course well enough and that I need to provide more examples, which is total bullshit. His grades have dropped in two other classes as well, so according to the parents all three teachers in question are wrong and their kid is an excellent student.

• 1 month later...

I've always wondered how teachers ignore the possibility that they are wasting the students time?

I know that discipline and control are vital, you can't have complete chaos. The odd chair or knife is going to come into play obviously.

Most of a teachers job seems to be lying to kids. If a kid gets a bad history score you can't say don't worry nobody will give a shit in the sales dept, only 7 more years to go until you are educated enough to start ripping people off!!!

That's kind of how you feel at school. Teachers don't get paid much and it's an under appreciated job so that breeds that condescending bitterness. Obviously they themselves are smart but these kids no better than animals.

But still how do they get through day having to lie so much? It's just such folly. Like this cycle of ignorance.