The MyGNR Forum Podcast and Discussion Thread

Dan H.

Dazey asked me if I'd be up for being involved in the podcast on the 28th with him, Len and ARQ. I'd like to.

It would be cool because you're all citizens of the same nation. Lol!

ahaha, classic.

LOL Europe! :lol:

Europe not a country, it's a band stupid, everybody knows that, ugh, some people!

I'm down for some Graeme in that episode.

But hey guys, I have no one for this weeks episode! I need some people ASAP.

I know you want some variety, but you can mark me down as always wanting to be involved. If you ever find yourself short handed, just give me a heads up and I can usually work out being on.

I know you want some variety, but you can mark me down as always wanting to be involved. If you ever find yourself short handed, just give me a heads up and I can usually work out being on.

+1

I haven't had the opportunity to listen to the entire podcast, but from what I heard, you guys did a great job. Dan, if you're not a radio professional, you should be. Outstanding radio friendly voice. And +1 on the Seth Rogen comparison for Russ. That's not a bad thing though! WFA, good job as well. You seemed more at ease this time than the last interview I heard you do. As far as content, I haven't gotten into the podcast far enough to give an informed opinion yet on everything that was discussed. But just the fact you guys took the time to do it was cool. ( Just as a small side note, most New Yorkers pronounce it like Hammerstein not Hamersteen. And I do agree with Russ on what those shows were like as I was there as well. I didn't pay much attention to Bumble at all and I don't recall much discussion about him on the forum either at the time. Really those shows were all about Axl and Finck. And Izzy's appearance of course. )
Btw, will there be an interpreter available for that UK show in a few weeks?

• Like 2

I finally got around to listening to it yesterday, nice job guys!

Wondering if it's a good idea to have more than two guests on the same show? If the intention is to keep them between 60-90 minutes long, which I think is an appropriate length for a weekly podcast, I don't see how all four guests (plus the host) will be able to voice their proper opinions on each subject without fighting to talk over each other. And if one or two of the participants is normally quite verbose, you might have a guest who won't be able to get a word in edgewise. :lol:

True. Could split it if there's lots of guests at a time- like have some people just for the GNR section and different people for the second half?

And I do agree with Russ on what those shows were like as I was there as well. I didn't pay much attention to Bumble at all and I don't recall much discussion about him on the forum either at the time. Really those shows were all about Axl and Finck. And Izzy's appearance of course.

Yup, I was at the Izzy show, no show I've been to since has had the same energy as that show. I doubt any show I'll ever go to will.

:lol:

• Like 1

I haven't had the opportunity to listen to the entire podcast, but from what I heard, you guys did a great job. Dan, if you're not a radio professional, you should be. Outstanding radio friendly voice. And +1 on the Seth Rogen comparison for Russ. That's not a bad thing though! WFA, good job as well. You seemed more at ease this time than the last interview I heard you do. As far as content, I haven't gotten into the podcast far enough to give an informed opinion yet on everything that was discussed. But just the fact you guys took the time to do it was cool. ( Just as a small side note, most New Yorkers pronounce it like Hammerstein not Hamersteen. And I do agree with Russ on what those shows were like as I was there as well. I didn't pay much attention to Bumble at all and I don't recall much discussion about him on the forum either at the time. Really those shows were all about Axl and Finck. And Izzy's appearance of course. )

I think I've always gone back and forth on the pronounciation. Good to know what's right though, so thank you :)

Am I the only one who hopes Len makes an appearance having consumed 8 cans of Stella :lol:

Right, I'm gonna do that now but remember, you bought it up so if everything goes tits up it's your fault :lol: Can be it vodka instead please? :D Not a spliff though cuz I get the giggles and all you'll hear is me just cracking up the whole way through.

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

Dazey and Len are signed up for the third episode!

That is going to be complete and utter hell for you Dan. Good luck understanding anything.

I've chatted with Dazey before, he's not so bad.

Might need a translator for Len though

Hang on hang on, Dazeys not bad but I am gonna be?!?! :lol: How'd you work that one out, i speak the clearer English, you got two jocks and a northerner and I'M the one whoose gonna be difficult to understand?!?! Right, thats it, I'm gonna talk like the Queen now! :lol:

'One feels that one might have remained a Guns n Roses supporter and persisted in the purchasing of their discs and the pursuance of their stories in musical publications had Axl Rose not turned into a great fat pudding in a yellow raincoat'

• Like 1

Hang on hang on, Dazeys not bad but I am gonna be?!?! :lol: How'd you work that one out, i speak the clearer English.

In fairness I was fuckin' bollocksed on Saturday and were it not for my call logs I would have no idea that we even spoke! :lol: