Old people using the internet

Lithium

Aww, that's cute! :lol:

My aunt who is 70 has recently started texting. She's even doing the "u" and "r" abbreviations which is funny because I won't even do that.

My grandmother always sends a blank text before the actual text. I have no idea why or how, but she's been doing it since she started and she's gone through a ton of phones since then. Always the same issue. Part of me thinks she's doing it just to mess with us, haha.

• Like 2

Aww, that's cute! :lol:

My aunt who is 70 has recently started texting. She's even doing the "u" and "r" abbreviations which is funny because I won't even do that.

My grandmother always sends a blank text before the actual text. I have no idea why or how, but she's been doing it since she started and she's gone through a ton of phones since then. Always the same issue. Part of me thinks she's doing it just to mess with us, haha.

It's like a heads up before the good shit :lol:

My mother is 76. I have her on my phone plan. She can text more than all three daughters. Back before there was unlimited texting, she ran our bill up over $1000. I'm not kidding. This was about 5 years ago. She would text and text and she would use all these abbreviations too. I had no idea what any of them meant. And...she's lost more phones than all three of the girls put together. She still texts me in hieroglyphs. I don't get it. I get a text from her that starts like this... 1 of 5... then 2 of 5...then 3 of 5... then I call her and the phone is still beeping from the texts coming in. I try to explain to her that she can just simply call me instead of writing an epic saga in text messages. A text is something short, not a freaking book! She writes a book in her text messages. And her text messages are always about who died that day and how I'm related to them. And I never have a clue who they are! She loves her phone though! What do I love?? Caller ID!!

• Like 1

My mother is 76. I have her on my phone plan. She can text more than all three daughters. Back before there was unlimited texting, she ran our bill up over $1000. I'm not kidding. This was about 5 years ago. She would text and text and she would use all these abbreviations too. I had no idea what any of them meant. And...she's lost more phones than all three of the girls put together. She still texts me in hieroglyphs. I don't get it. I get a text from her that starts like this... 1 of 5... then 2 of 5...then 3 of 5... then I call her and the phone is still beeping from the texts coming in. I try to explain to her that she can just simply call me instead of writing an epic saga in text messages. A text is something short, not a freaking book! She writes a book in her text messages. And her text messages are always about who died that day and how I'm related to them. And I never have a clue who they are! She loves her phone though! What do I love?? Caller ID!!

Which you ironically pointed out with an almost Lenny length post. Edited by Johnny Drama

Which you ironically pointed out with an almost Lenny length post.

hahaha... I'm on a desk top. I don't have an iphone. Haven't seen the point in getting one because I lose phones, sort of like my mother but not as bad. I did however just win an ipad in a raffle. I've yet learned how to use it other than netflix though. :)