Slash had no idea what the November Rain music video was about..

Bwahahahahahaha.... Slash's riffs are what made the songs. Ahahahahaha...aha..ahahahaha..ah..ha. That must be why everyone that is old enough to have been around for the heydey can and still do sing every single word to the songs be it at a Slash show or a Guns n' Roses show, right?

scom riff and solo are constantly on best of lists. It definitely wasn't those pissp pour lyrics.
It's piss poor, genius.
It was a typo. I'm on a cell phone you dumb fuck. I swear I'm in the fucking twilight zone on this forum sometimes.

Bwahahahahahaha.... Slash's riffs are what made the songs. Ahahahahaha...aha..ahahahaha..ah..ha. That must be why everyone that is old enough to have been around for the heydey can and still do sing every single word to the songs be it at a Slash show or a Guns n' Roses show, right?

scom riff and solo are constantly on best of lists. It definitely wasn't those pissp pour lyrics.
It's piss poor, genius.
It was a typo. I'm on a cell phone you dumb fuck. I swear I'm in the fucking twilight zone on this forum sometimes.
Ahahaha. You wouldn't be smart enough to know if you were. Being on a phone causes a loss of spelling capability now, huh? I truly have heard it all.

It's piss poor, genius.
Ahahaha. You wouldn't be smart enough to know if you were. Being on a phone causes a loss of spelling capability now, huh? I truly have heard it all.
Like you've never made a fucking typo? Sweet child would be nothing without slashs parts and duffs bass. I hate to break it to you people on here who worship Axls every move, but many people outside of these forums listened/listen to gnr for the guitars. Quit trying to devalue slash as if gnr would have been huge without him.

It's piss poor, genius.
Like you've never made a fucking typo? Sweet child would be nothing without slashs parts and duffs bass. I hate to break it to you people on here who worship Axls every move, but many people outside of these forums listened/listen to gnr for the guitars. Quit trying to devalue slash as if gnr would have been huge without him.
Being on a phone must cause a loss of reading comprehension too, right? The only one stupid enough to be devaluing anything here is you. Some of us give equal credit to all members of the band.

The writing progress of SCOM did start by Slashs exercises but was a team effort at the end. Slash's riff and solo is clearly recognizable but so are Axl's vocals. No reason to downplay it.

Definitely.

It's also very subjective. People love songs for different reasons. I personally love SCOM solo, no matter how many times I have heard the song, the solo always gives me goosebumps. That said, I have never paid attention to Axl's lyrics but his vocals, specially at the end, are the ones that I find myself screaming every single time.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

SCOM is a classic because of BOTH of them. It wasn't one or the other, it was the lightning in a bottle combination of what they both brought to the table and the chemistry they shared. It's why neither of them are in the same league apart and never will be. And it's probably why they'll forever resent each other.

Thank you. This.

And lol at people calling themselves objective but still feeling the need to minimize or bash the input of either Slash or Axl. It's so obvious.

All the classic AFD/UYI are a combination of both Axl/Slash, with contributions from Izzy/Duff/Matt/Steven. Remove one of the elements and it is no longer a classic song. Obviously. I don't know why shit had to break down into a one or the other situation. The same bullshit comes up with the Beatles. All the classics are the sum of all parts.

I'm not "projecting" a fuckin' thing. I have no such need.

Come on, you do have some sort of "need".

You chime in on every Slash conspiracy theory with manic devotion. You're getting called out all over the place for it.

I don't even give half a fuck about what you give fucks about.

What a mouthful of fucks! Calm down, you just have to say you don't agree.

I was just saying some people have a hard time accepting Slash is not perfect. I didn't include everyone here in my description. Pay attention.

I was paying you attention and I'm asking you to show me who here believes "Slash is perfect". Who didn't you include by the way, I didn't see a list.

I think its you that needs to pay attention...to your own work (this would explain your denial about projecting).

And there's no need to resort to name calling.

If you go through your whole life and the worst thing you're ever called is a "screechy bitch" you'll have lived a charmed life.

Try not being one and I'll drop it immediately.

How about supporting your opinion with something concrete instead? lol.

I support my opinion with the best evidence I can find, in fact I the "screechy bitch brigade" here recently complained about how I annoy them by actually pulling out quotes from those people who were actually part of the GNR story to back up what I say.

Unlike you, I don't sit at home letting my opinions of Slash and Axl write their own soap opera, then convert that into fact which I then bring here and download.

What "something concrete" do you want me to find? Your hyperbole when it comes to Slash?? You've been called out about it by others, if that's not enough and you still want me to go back through your posts, I might if I have my laptop to hand and nothing else to do at all one of these days....and I mean nothing.

I've explained why I think those things about Slash

Yes and I'm telling you, along with several others that some of your thinking about Slash is based on a soap opera version of things that actually were never confirmed to have happened. There's too much creative license taken using a few cryptic / obtuse comments from Axl about the evil that is Slash.

You're the one who's making it fuckin' stupid with your rigid approach of discussing this shit.

My "rigid approach" is called always attempting to use the facts to hand, not getting hysterical and being a screechy bitch (like you're being here).

You may think facts are "fucking stupid", they probably have a nasty habit of getting in the way of your view on things.

Edited by Intercourse

^^^

I do have a need? tell me more about myself. I just thought I was here, in a fan forum, discussing the people that were responsible for the music I love. I like to talk about Slash in a Gn'R forum. Nothing wrong with that. Please show me where I was maniacally devoted (lol) to...what was it again? Slash? Axl? and how am I being "called out all over the place"? you're being too generous with yourself.

you're not even discussing the topic this thread presented.

I fuckin' don't agree. ;)

My denial about projecting? I don't know man, are you a therapist? do you want to diagnose me? shit. :lol:

You don't annoy me, I just think you're wrong, and you're not even open to different opinions on the matter. Not really.

I write soap operas about Axl and Slash? wow. I'll take that as a compliment. I just thought I was expressing my opinion in detail, cause this is the place to do it no? :shrugs:

And why are you so touchy about what I've said about Slash? I'm a hardcore Slash fan, but I have my own view on how he chooses to handle his public life. What's the big deal?

Your rigid approach is called your rigid approach. There are no "sides" here...can you understand that? I have no will to support sides. It's all Guns N' Roses to me. And if I think something is fucked up, I'm gonna say it. Maybe you're the one who should relax a little. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Rovim

The writing progress of SCOM did start by Slashs exercises but was a team effort at the end. Slash's riff and solo is clearly recognizable but so are Axl's vocals. No reason to downplay it.

Definitely.

It's also very subjective. People love songs for different reasons. I personally love SCOM solo, no matter how many times I have heard the song, the solo always gives me goosebumps. That said, I have never paid attention to Axl's lyrics but his vocals, specially at the end, are the ones that I find myself screaming every single time.

Right, no one is downplaying the vocals. Axl's voice was indeed unique and part of what makes GNR songs so recognizable. But the songs still receive accolades to this day because of the solos. Those were just as unique and recognizable and as others have mentioned, it was the combination of the 2 that made those songs special. And you can't discount Izzy's rhythm and Duff's base lines. All of it just worked so perfectly.

Izzy came up with the chords. Once the intro stops, that is basically the backbone of the song. Do not undervalue Izzy's contribution.

I think everybody here on this board knows this. But I think we both agree that the riff, the vocals and the solo are the recognizable parts of this song to the general public. Izzy was something like a secret weapon for Axl and Slash

CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE? BEFORE YOU CONTINUE RUINING MY THREAD..... (which you already have, like 10 pages ago)

Slash makes an off-handed comment in an interview and you guys BLOW it out of proportion and portray it has being his "mantra" in life. Oh Slash lies, he always says he hates this song, blah, blah, blah. A comment that he didn't think about in advance, threw it out probably half as a joke, everybody laughed, and then he never thought about it again. But then you guys act like his entire life and career has revolved around that specific comment. The opposite happens too. Oh, Axl is friends with Mickey Rourke? Hell yea, I've always thought he was one of the most underrated actors of all time. Axl inducts Elton John at the RnR Hof? Awesome. Axl chooses not to attend the RnR HOF. Yea, those guys are corrupt. I've never liked them. Slash is in a commercial - he's a money fame whore. Axl is in a commercial - oh, that's different. His commercial was cool.

No, no... it's not off-handed comment. He actually was replying to someone who sent a tweet with a question to the HuffPost Live Show. Here it is:

000125-Sep-141024.jpg

I also got confused wondering why would he comment about November Rain video out of the blue, if he's long gone from GN'R. The problem is that the Huffington Post made a headline out of this response. And yes, probably he was joking about it, like he usually does with everything GN'R related.

Maybe its some sort of a nervous reaction... you know, there are people who make jokes at funerals because that's the way they handle pain and suffering.

Probably, he never thought those comments would end up in an article later. And this is proof that no one cares about Slash's solo career.... He went there to talk about his new album. Gave a quick response to a random question from a viewer and all he got was a headline in the HuffPost about GUNS N' ROSES.

It's a bummer. But he feeds it.

CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE? BEFORE YOU CONTINUE RUINING MY THREAD..... (which you already have, like 10 pages ago)

Slash makes an off-handed comment in an interview and you guys BLOW it out of proportion and portray it has being his "mantra" in life. Oh Slash lies, he always says he hates this song, blah, blah, blah. A comment that he didn't think about in advance, threw it out probably half as a joke, everybody laughed, and then he never thought about it again. But then you guys act like his entire life and career has revolved around that specific comment. The opposite happens too. Oh, Axl is friends with Mickey Rourke? Hell yea, I've always thought he was one of the most underrated actors of all time. Axl inducts Elton John at the RnR Hof? Awesome. Axl chooses not to attend the RnR HOF. Yea, those guys are corrupt. I've never liked them. Slash is in a commercial - he's a money fame whore. Axl is in a commercial - oh, that's different. His commercial was cool.

No, no... it's not off-handed comment. He actually was replying to someone who sent a tweet with a question to the HuffPost Live Show. Here it is:

000125-Sep-141024.jpg

I also got confused wondering why would he comment about November Rain video out of the blue, if he's long gone from GN'R. The problem is that the Huffington Post made a headline out of this response. And yes, probably he was joking about it, like he usually does with everything GN'R related.

Maybe its some sort of a nervous reaction... you know, there are people who make jokes at funerals because that's the way they handle pain and suffering.

Probably, he never thought those comments would end up in an article later. And this is proof that no one cares about Slash's solo career.... He went there to talk about his new album. Gave a quick response to a random question from a viewer and all he got was a headline in the HuffPost about GUNS N' ROSES.

It's a bummer. But he feeds it.

The video probably has more symbolism in it than the Sopranos finale. Andy Morahan was just following what Axl wanted from the way he describes it. Del would have to answer how much of his story is in the video, he probably was there the entire time.

The lack of music is destroying this fan base. Just one new song would end all of this shit.

That really is it.

If Axl had put out as many solo or GnR records as Slash has released in his career post-GnR, I highly doubt that fan base would be this divided, nor would the constant fighting and bickering occur. There wouldn't be the need for all the stupid over-praising, over-hyping, twisting of everything either one does if Axl had put out five albums since the old band broke up. We'd be hear talking about the MUSIC instead of all this other non-important crap.

Intercourse might be the best poster on the forum right now!

Edited by Groghan

I dont think Axl putting out 5 albums would change media perception of the whole thing. You have Slash working his ass off to promote his solo career but he always ends up engaged in some GNR headline. If Axl was as productive as Slash, he would be asked about the past constantly and about the reunion and what not.

People or media, don't know, in general do not accept the end of the old line up. It's gonna be 100 years and these guys will remain intact in collective memory. It's a curse forever. Neither Axl or Slash have been able to break the curse. And it won't happen until they either reunite or one of them dies.

Definitely.

Right, no one is downplaying the vocals. Axl's voice was indeed unique and part of what makes GNR songs so recognizable. But the songs still receive accolades to this day because of the solos. Those were just as unique and recognizable and as others have mentioned, it was the combination of the 2 that made those songs special. And you can't discount Izzy's rhythm and Duff's base lines. All of it just worked so perfectly.

It's worth noting that it also depends on the song but overall, it was those guys working together that took those songs to an incredible level.