Of all the covers Guns has done, which is the best?

I like their version of Sympathy and thought Axl having Paul Huge do that call and response to Slash's solos was actually a nice touch.

The Spaghetti Incident is a great record and why its so easily dismissed by most GnR fans baffle me.

imo their best covers are Raw Power, Aint it Fun, and Sympathy.

I like their version of Sympathy and thought Axl having Paul Huge do that call and response to Slash's solos was actually a nice touch.

The Spaghetti Incident is a great record and why its so easily dismissed by most GnR fans baffle me.

I agree with both of your points.

For rawness, Rosie gets it. It's the sound of a genuine band about to go stratospheric showing respect to their roots. Nice boys too.

Ironically, from the same era, jj flash is a terrible cover. It sounds like Poison doing the stones and is the only original guns song I truly think is weak as piss.

Down on the farm is unforgivably bad, so much so that it can't even be saved by that amazingly thick guitar sound. It's one of the many milestones that mark Axl's total loss of perspective in that period.

And the dirty secret? Sympathy for the devil. That song just tumbles along, it sounds fucking killer from start to finish. Can I admit I like it better then the original? And that's despite the fact that Axl can't pronounce some of the words properly (presumably because he doesn't know them!) despite having what must've been dozens of takes.

Of all of their covers, I'd have to AFD is the best. Lies is cool, UYI is kinda meh, TSI is just weird, and I don't even know where to begin with CD. Some of the red hand covers were good though

Honestly, that's hilarious!

And the dirty secret? Sympathy for the devil. That song just tumbles along, it sounds fucking killer from start to finish. Can I admit I like it better then the original? And that's despite the fact that Axl can't pronounce some of the words properly (presumably because he doesn't know them!) despite having what must've been dozens of takes.

Great post as a whole, mate.

Thanks for mentioning the question of the lyrical fuckups on SFTD. Always bugs me when I listen to it, as much as Axl oversinging the song.