Beautiful Disease Up For Sale

snooze72

I'm interested in selling my copy if the price is right, but I con't seem to find any other copies to compare it to. I think it's gone from between $200 and $600 in the past. and somebody has it on Discogs for 800 Euros, but no idea if anybody cares any more.

Anybody here interested? (And yes, it's the real thing, the Geffen advance, not a copy).

A copy exactly like the one pictured in this thread, sold just before the other one that has been linked to. Though both are visually differnet I thin they are both legit. Both versions were sold by the same seller too I believe.

Whoever buys it, please make a digital copy.

This is available digitally - just not officially.

I think buying it would be for the purpose of owning an original.

I have it burned on to a disc, I downloaded it a few years back, I would assume it came from one of these promo discs.

Its definitely a fake. There was only one legit run of advance pressings, they are all like mine. (There's probably a list kicking around of who got them).

At one point Duff had posted the artwork on his website and somebody used that to create the first fake version. It sold for quite a bit of money. but it was still just some enterprising guy. Everything after that has been even lesser fakes.

Geffen dragged their feet for months about the release date (it had at least three) because of the new regime and the Universal/MCA deal, they finally got the advance out I think early '99 but then dragged their feet some more, I forget the timeline but Geffen was rolled into Interscope and they killed the project (and the label) in March or April, and nobody had the rights to it again, Duff included.

The photo the guy listed for that version is off of a collectors site, it's not his own pic. I sincerely doubt the buyer got the real thing. I suspect it was a knock-off like the other one.

That one is not a fake. It's an earlier pressing from the mastering company, which is clearly stated on the back cover. I covered this discussion here in the collectors group back in August; https://www.facebook.com/groups/336118726443937/permalink/733778746677931/

The photo the guy listed for that version is off of a collectors site, it's not his own pic. I sincerely doubt the buyer got the real thing. I suspect it was a knock-off like the other one.

Maybe you're not familiar with them, but Amoeba Records is a very well known California Record store. All photos in their auctions are their own photos or scans, usually scans.

http://www.amoeba.com/

I`m not on Facebook. They used the scan from Discogs, don`t know the origin.

If the yellow one was a test pressing, they didn`t advertise that. Others probably thought it was fake and would be suspicious of the next one. Whatever, I would have thought that would have been worth a lot more than the advance, and certainly worth more than they got for it. Won`t let mine go for that.

A copy exactly like the one pictured in this thread, sold just before the other one that has been linked to. Though both are visually differnet I thin they are both legit. Both versions were sold by the same seller too I believe.

I have it burned on to a disc, I downloaded it a few years back, I would assume it came from one of these promo discs.

Where? The only copies I've found so far are 128kbps and 256kbps versions. The former actually sounds like a 64kbps record, the latter is unlistenable due to skips or micro pauses in tracks 2, 10, 11, 12, 13. So it's not really an option either. I don't think that it's that hard to make a 320kbps copy and share it with fellow fans (it won't take more than 5 minutes, but it will be appreciated for years to come). It won't make an original less original. :)

The digital copies are out there and fairly easy to find. I think I have it on some harddrive somewhere.

I haven't been as lucky, it seems.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Where? The only copies I've found so far are 128kbps and 256kbps versions. The former actually sounds like a 64kbps record, the latter is unlistenable due to skips or micro pauses in tracks 2, 10, 11, 12, 13. So it's not really an option either. I don't think that it's that hard to make a 320kbps copy and share it with fellow fans (it won't take more than 5 minutes, but it will be appreciated for years to come). It won't make an original less original. :)

The digital copies are out there and fairly easy to find. I think I have it on some harddrive somewhere.

I can rip my burned copy if you want? Don't know what quality the original digital files were, but I can rip at 320kbps and then you can decide if it meets your listening standards/requirements...

I can rip my burned copy if you want? Don't know what quality the original digital files were, but I can rip at 320kbps and then you can decide if it meets your listening standards/requirements...

I am really grateful for you offer, mate! But I think there's no point in ripping the record at 320kbps if it was originally made using a lower bitrate.

Damn. This thing is like El Dorado. :D

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I see a listing for $500 for a legit copy, was the best offer $199? Or was this another listing? It says it had a bad enough scratch to make it skip, and it still went for that?

And Holy Crap, they're selling the phony versions for $100?

I really should list my legit one.