Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Everytime they show that roadhouse I don't know who the hell those people are or what's going on.

Oh, I was so happy with Ed and Norma! So sad about the log lady.

Can't wait to hear the conversation with Richard and bad Cooper.

Damn does Cooper have to eat that damn chocolate cake every week. Makes my mouth water just looking at him eating that cake. lol

Audrey and her husband are so damn annoying. I was so hoping she would get out the damn door. She was making me crazy.

Spoiler

#1 I'm at a loss; there's the people to do with Billy/Audrey/Tina/Chuck? The woman with the armpit rash, the women talking about Mary? The guy who almost got hit by a car? I'm probably missing a few others.

#2 That was another punch the air moment (for me anyway) and then the log lady passed away.

#3 I'm intrigued but also frightened by how that conversation could go.

#4 Has Dale woke up? Episode 15 of season 3, 315 was his room key back in Twin Peaks. The numbers 3 & 15 appeared on those socket type things when Dale met Naido.

#5 Is Audrey bi-polar now?

#6 Who do we think is Judy?

I'll stop for now.

Spoiler

I read this theory somewhere that says Judy is Major Briggs. Because Briggs first name is Garland. Judy + Garland = Judy Garland. The actress who plays Dorothey in Wizard of Oz. I think there are a bunch of references of Wizard of Oz in Twin Peaks and they say Lynch is a huge fan of that film as well.

Was on the edge of my seat for the last episode as well. I hope that Michael Anderson stops being crazy and makes up with Lynch and they will continue to make another season. The world of Twin Peaks is so intriguing to me and I love Lynch style of filming (except for the pacing at times, for obvious reasons lol :lol:).

Edited by Rdeyahlxp

20 hours ago, Rdeyahlxp said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I read this theory somewhere that says Judy is Major Briggs. Because Briggs first name is Garland. Judy + Garland = Judy Garland. The actress who plays Dorothey in Wizard of Oz. I think there are a bunch of references of Wizard of Oz in Twin Peaks and they say Lynch is a huge fan of that film as well.

I would be surprised if it was somebody else.

sometimes I just try to watch this show without trying to think too much about what's going on? lol It hurts my brain.

Audrey is way annoying now. I loved her character in the original series. I wish Billy Zane would make an appearance and take her away from that troll looking husband.

If there won't be any more seasons of Twin Peaks, then I do hope Lynch ties up all the loose ends and gives most characters a happy ending.

I want good Cooper to kill bad Cooper and head back to Twin Peaks and meet up with Gordon too.

On 21/08/2017 at 7:35 PM, Rdeyahlxp said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hope that Michael Anderson stops being crazy and makes up with Lynch and they will continue to make another season.

Never gonna happen. He called Lynch a child rapist pedophile so fuck him. That douchebag has burned every single bridge. Storywise The Little Man has evolved, just like how Phillip Jeffries has evolved into a giant teapot. For that to happen he would have to regress into his original form. I also think this is going to be a one off season. Think about how many years it took both Lynch and Frost to write this and film it. There's no way they would be able to do a season and have it prepared by next year. At least the door is open to Lynch/Frost by Showtime if they ever want to come back. I'd be more interested in a new film than a season 4.

6 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I would be surprised if it was somebody else.

I'm calling it now and

Spoiler

Naido is Judy. When Cooper was in that purple room with her in episode 3 the camera started acting all haywired. It was nothing but weird edits. She and Cooper climb the ladder and they are in space. There is a "machine" that is shaped like those machines in The White Lodge. She pulls the lever, gets electrocuted, and falls through space. When Evil Cooper is asking Jeffries about Judy and he answers the phone those same weird edits from episode 3 occur. Also when Andy is sent back from The White Lodge in episode 14 he wraps Naido up and says she is very important and that there are people who want her dead. He also says not to mention this to anyone. Plus she is making these chattering monkey noises which could tie back to Fire Walk With Me when there is a monkey who says "Judy". Also it was revealed that if Fire Walk With Me had been successful then Judy would have been Josie Packard's (Joan Chen) sister.

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

sometimes I just try to watch this show without trying to think too much about what's going on? lol It hurts my brain.

Audrey is way annoying now. I loved her character in the original series. I wish Billy Zane would make an appearance and take her away from that troll looking husband.

If there won't be any more seasons of Twin Peaks, then I do hope Lynch ties up all the loose ends and gives most characters a happy ending.

I want good Cooper to kill bad Cooper and head back to Twin Peaks and meet up with Gordon too.

Yeah this isn't a show where you can turn your brain off. Never has been and never will.

You sure do have an thing for Billy Zane for some reason LOL. But at least we know who Richard's mother is and that Evil Coop punked his ass. That conversation on the road between them two should be interesting.

To your point of tying up loose ends, I believe there will be some semblance of tying up loose ends but we're not going to get every 100% closed. Lynch has never worked in that way but I bet there will be a happy ending because Lynch is an optimist.

Edited by Jabberwocky

On 21/08/2017 at 3:51 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Everytime they show that roadhouse I don't know who the hell those people are or what's going on.

the band last night was pretty good. That Asian girl just screaming was weird.

Oh, I was so happy with Ed and Norma! So sad about the log lady.

Can't wait to hear the conversation with Richard and bad Cooper.

Damn does Cooper have to eat that damn chocolate cake every week. Makes my mouth water just looking at him eating that cake. lol

Audrey and her husband are so damn annoying. I was so hoping she would get out the damn door. She was making me crazy.

Sometimes I think those scenes at The Roadhouse are kind of like asides. In one way I see them as like how Invitation To Love was in the original first season. They may not tie into the main narrative but are more of a commentary of what present day Twin Peaks is like. Then again I think all of these random characters all tie into the Chinese designer drugs story arc. That was something that was brought up between Frank Truman and Bobby (in episode 4) when he asked them if they had the trails set and Bobby says "every known trail is covered".

I was happy too with Ed and Norma. I think we all got swerved with that last episode LOL.

The stuff with The Log Lady was a punch in the gut. My mom died of cancer, a year and a half ago, as well and back in the day me and her used to watch Twin Peaks. One TV and nothing but rabbit ears for signal reception :) The speech The Log Lady gave was poignant and she gave out her last clue (the one under the moon on Blue Pine Mountain). I like the way the confrence room was shot with low lighting and shadow when Hawk came in and announced her death. No hysterics, no over acting. To me it looked like Kimmy Robertson (Lucy) broke character.

DougieCoop loves his chocolate cake. What a hell of a way to jar Coop's memories back by using Sunset Boulevard (which is one of Lynch's favorite movies) It was something I never saw coming.

I hope that something very pivitol happens in the Audrey/Charlie arc. I don't see how this can be built up with no pay off. The theories about how she's still in a coma for 25 years is completely stupid because she is aware of outside characters who do exist. I hope to God that this isn't going to be a Shutter Island situation. There's got to be heavy amounts of treuama Audrey has went through so I don't find it annoying but more as pitiful. It's almost like she is agoraphobic.

Edited by Jabberwocky

On 21/08/2017 at 1:40 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:
  Hide contents

Help me out friends;

The Woodsmen are "agents of the Black Lodge right?"

If Phillip Jeffries was indeed inside that bell/tower/phone/??? is he a prisoner of The Woodsmen?

Are The Woodsmen working with Jeffries?

Is Jeffries evil?

Do The Woodsmen only answer to the "Gotta light?" character?

Also I'm losing track of all of the Roadhouse side story characters and I think the timeline of parts of Part 15 were out of sync again.

1. All signs point to yes since it's been established that the convienince store and the Black Lodge are connected. In Fire Walk With Me there was that painting of the doorway that Mrs Tremond gave Laura and told her it would look nice on her wall. When Laura fell asleep and you see a POV shot of her going through a room with doors, the wallpaper and door are the same from the convienience store. When the grandson snapped his fingers you could see a bright light coming from his side and fire sounds. The next shot was of The Black Lodge with the whole "don't take the ring Laura" line Cooper told her.

2. Jeffries wasn't inside anything, he evolved into a teapot (or something similar). THEY brought Evil Cooper to HIM so that indicates the hierarchy

3. I think they do. They are pretty much the only lodge inhabitants left.

4. Obviously. He sent Ray to kill Evil Cooper. Just cause one evil person kills another evil person it's still murder just the same :)

5. He has only been seen in Part 8, which was the flashback episode. I think his character was just foreshadowing to introduce "The Woodsmen are skull crushing killers".

38 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

So in theory Jeffries could be even worse that Evil Cooper? My God.

Wasn't Phillip Jefferies, Gordon's partner. did they ever say what happened to him? I watched the original series and only saw him visit the FBI office, but disappeared.

I just know Gordon said Phillip was his partner and I think he may have killed someone before. It's sad that David Bowie is dead now because maybe we could have learned more about this character.

42 minutes ago, Val22 said:

Wasn't Phillip Jefferies, Gordon's partner. did they ever say what happened to him? I watched the original series and only saw him visit the FBI office, but disappeared.

I just know Gordon said Phillip was his partner and I think he may have killed someone before. It's sad that David Bowie is dead now because maybe we could have learned more about this character.

They were partners but Jeffries disappeared in 1987 while in Buenos Aires. It was during one of the blue rose cases. The scene with Bowie in the theatrical version of Fire Walk With Me was truncated. It was much longer with showing the Buenos Aires location, more dialog with Jeffries talking about the room above the convenience store (along with more footage of Black Lodge residents in the convenience store). And Jeffries getting zapped back to Buenos Aires. I know they had to cut down the film because Lynch was only allowed 2 hours and 15 minutes but I would have tried to find some way to keep all of that in.

Are you talking about their first case where they saw the woman in the motel room dead and her tulpa in the corner?

Not having Bowie alive doesn't change a thing because of what was already in the new script. There was nothing more to learn about the character. Instead of using a different person and recasting him they just went with something that looks like a tea kettle and basically said he evolved LOL

8 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

So in theory Jeffries could be even worse that Evil Cooper? My God.

But it wasn't Jeffries who ordered the hit. It was someone pretending to be Jeffries and a lot of people say it's the Experiment/Mother inside Sarah Palmer. Can't wait until the next episode that's for sure.

18 hours ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

But it wasn't Jeffries who ordered the hit. It was someone pretending to be Jeffries and a lot of people say it's the Experiment/Mother inside Sarah Palmer. Can't wait until the next episode that's for sure.

Okay, interesting. I just want things to wrap up well especially if Lynch isn't doing anymore seasons.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, interesting. I just want things to wrap up well especially if Lynch isn't doing anymore seasons.

I think Lynch will probably wrap up the stories he finds the most interesting and leave the stories of the newer, younger characters like Becky and Richard open for possible future seasons directed by someone else. I hope we will get another season, with or without Lynch (albeit maybe still involved in a less degree). The town of Twin Peaks is simply too fascinating to close already.

I don't want it to end :cry:. There are still a ton of questions left unanswered. Like the 911 woman in the beginning, what was that about? Anyway, I enjoyed the last episode and can't fucking wait for next week. The last 3/3 has been absolutely stellar.

On 26/08/2017 at 4:35 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Just got this week's Entertainment Weekly Magazine and it had a small article about the new Twin Peaks.

It also stated there wouldn't be another season. The show wraps up with a 2 hour finale on September 3 so set your dvrs.

I will miss this show.

I'm so glad that you hung around for the long haul especially after saying you didn't like it after a few episodes in:P To me this season gave me everything I wanted but not in the way I expected it.

As far as getting another season I want to say that back in 1999/2000 Lynch said Twin Peaks was " as dead as a door nail" so never say never.

Edited by Jabberwocky

Last night's episode was epic!

Lots of surprises and good things happened.

Yeah, I also think the series finale will be amazing.

All things considered I'm glad I stuck it out too. I just wish Twin Peaks would go on. I'm really going to miss this show.

"you're back". Yeah 100%  I was screaming! I was so happy!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
More to say

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, Jabberwocky said:

My reaction to

Reveal hidden contents

Cooper coming back to normal

Part%2016.mkv_snapshot_25.30_2017.08.28_

:lol::lol::lol:

I believe we are going to get one hell of a payoff next Sunday.

What happened to liking members posts? I want to like this post over and over and over again.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Was a number of episodes behind, but I'm finally caught back up. Honestly, it was losing be a bit here and there (interest-wise), but I'm back in now. Still confused about some things, of course, but hopefully a good amount of it will come together.

Looking forward to the finale!

lol me too.

My Sunday paper said to not expect things to be all tied up. Damn!

I just want Dale Cooper back in Twin Peaks and the bad Cooper back in the black lodge or dead. That would satisfy me a bit.

2 hour finale tonight on Showtime. Can't wait.

My initial reaction....

WHAT A COCKSUCK!!!

The ending of season 2 was a cliffhanger and this ending was a down note. None of these subplots were ever resolved. This proves why this should have been a 9 episode series like it was intended to be.

So instead of Cooper

Spoiler

being trapped in The Black Lodge he's now stuck in the past.