Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

1 hour ago, Axl owns dexter said:

The ending is actually growing on me. Cooper is stuck in an endless loop of trying to make things right with the world while neglecting his own life. That's who he is. And not every character deserves a happy ending. It would go against what the show was all about for things to be wrapped up in a tidy little box.

I watched that video not more than 3 hours ago LOL. Sorry but I'm not going to buy this "it was supposed to be meta" excuse for this show. That is one of the most lamest excuse and theory I've ever heard. It's basically saying that this whole show was meaningless.

I got that the ending was going to be dark but not to that degree that it can be implied that it was all just a dream. If it was shot with the same kind of progression but without the Diane/Linda and Cooper/Richard character switch I would have been more on board with the ending. There was nothing during the show that had any indication that was where they were going. To me it feels like a cop out. That ending was a combination of Lost Highway and Inland Empire. Lynch went back and rehashed his old tropes from 1997 to 2005. That is not progressing as an artist. It is "oh shit I'm out of ideas"

I understand that not all of the characters deserve a happy ending it's just they didn't get an ending at all because all of the subplots were just completely dropped as the story progressed and with no explanation. Why make characters in the first place if they are not going to be utilized? There were random characters who popped up in The Roadhouse scenes that added absolutely nothing. Completely pointless. Another thing that pisses me off is Mark Frost saying that the new season would tie up all of the loose ends from seasons 1 & 2 and Fire Walk With Me. That came straight from the horses mouth. That did not happen in the least.

I hope that if we get a season 4, or stand alone movie or two, that Part 18 was a backdoor pilot. As it stands the streaming numbers were HUGE. Nielson ratings not so much. Showtime owns Twin Peaks lock, stock, and barrel. Remember when Lynch originally walked away? They don't need Lynch to make more episodes. I'd say if him and Frost want to not fully be involved then I would suggest they get in some of the other directors and writers from the original seasons and have them do it so that Lynch and Frost can be the showrunners. As much as other people want to believe that Lynch had full involvement in the original seasons just remember he only directed 6 of the total 29 episodes. There were other episodes that were brilliant that he had zero involvement with.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Guys, what was your favourite song from the performances at The Roadhouse?

I actually liked the Eddie Vedder song. I thought it was very good. Hated when that blonde girl singer would sing. boring.

And don't get me started on James's song. lol

ET magazine put it's 5 cents worth about TP saying what a suck ending it was.

I really wish it would have ended better for Cooper's sake. I wanted him to be happy.

This is for all of you Pink Floyd/Wizard Of Oz freaks. I have read the article and watched the video. There have been similar incidents where there has been synchronization but not for an entire episode.

Episodes 17 & 18 of ‘Twin Peaks: the Return’ are meant to be watched in sync

https://medium.com/@onantiad/episodes-17-18-of-twin-peaks-the-return-are-meant-to-be-watched-in-sync-81352ce38e8?fref=gc&dti=1241904005861629

and here is the video (watch it before it inevitably gets taken down)

^ That was another good read.

I've read a few articles since the finale that seem to think that Cooper is in the real  world.

I still don't know what to think and I want answers! Answers I know I probably won't get haha.

My favourite song from the Roadhouse was probably Wild West by Lissie. Until then the songs didn't do anything for me. Eddie Vedder was a close second.

Oh, I know it wasn't played at the Roadhouse but I spent half an hour listening to Heartbreaking the other night.

What a ride eh?

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I've read a few articles since the finale that seem to think that Cooper is in the real  world.

Yeah that is called "meta" and is one of the lamest tropes ever used. To tell me that the show was self-aware is ludicrous but if that is what Lynch/Frost were going for then that shows how hack they have become. These guys were innovators and to sink the show down to that level proves they are out of steam and maybe should have not come back. There's no challenge in pissing people off.

• Like 1

Apologies for the double post.

I watched the finale again and I have some thoughts.

Who do we think that man was in Carrie's house? Was he that realities version of Bob or evil Cooper? He had a gunshot wound to the head and a puncture wound in his stomach.

Does anybody else think Carrie not turning up for work at Judy's diner was a nod to Teresa Banks not turning up for work at the diner in Fire Walk With Me?

Ah, does anybody think that the man in the kitchen at Judy's diner looked like one of evil Cooper's gang from early on in the series?

5 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Apologies for the double post.

I watched the finale again and I have some thoughts.

Who do we think that man was in Carrie's house? Was he that realities version of Bob or evil Cooper? He had a gunshot wound to the head and a puncture wound in his stomach.

Does anybody else think Carrie not turning up for work at Judy's diner was a nod to Teresa Banks not turning up for work at the diner in Fire Walk With Me?

Ah, does anybody think that the man in the kitchen at Judy's diner looked like one of evil Cooper's gang from early on in the series?

1. He's either a man who killed himself or Carrie killed him. Just for the fact she really wanted to get out of that house and out of Odessa leans towards the latter.

2. I highly doubt it. There were no nods to Theresa at all. Hell they didn't even mention Annie except for a throw away piece of dialog.

3. Nah, that's what all of those greasy spoon truck-driver joints look like.

I would also like to raise a question about something that was soooo unresolved. Diane said that her half-sister was named Janey-E. They didn't even explore that. The FBI and the Twin Peaks police were sloppy investigators LOL

I've really tried to find something redeemable about this show and I'm just drawing a blank. I know that this new season exists but I feel like disregarding it. Every fan theory I've read only talks about the finale and not the subplots. Maybe the intentions were for us, as the viewers, to only give a shit about the main plot of Cooper but then why even bother making subplots in the first place? The more I think about it the more angrier I get.

All it would have taken was a single episode to tie up those loose ends and I'd be fine. All it would have taken was a ending that wasn't so indecipherable and incoherent and I would have had a better reaction. Lynch was one of the editors in this 18 hour pile of dog shit. I think he just decided to put these scenes in random order just like he did with an equally big pile of shit he made called Inland Empire.

Right now I'm just done and with this show proved to me he was as equally done with us.

5 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I saw somewhere that series three comes out on DVD in December.

Hopefully they will address the sub plots there.

If they address those I will be surprised but yeah.....

Twin Peaks: The Third Season DVD And Blu-Ray Officially Announced

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-season-3-dvd-bluray/

Twin Peaks: The Return The Third Season will be out on DVD and Blu-ray on December 5, 2017. In a tweet quoting the Log Lady, David Lynch revealed the release’s cover art “starring Kyle MacLachlan!”

Keep an eye on Welcome to Twin Peaks for the full details and pre-order links. Meanwhile, what would you like to see included in the extras?

Ahead of this physical release of Season 3, Criterion is releasing Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me along with The Missing Pieces on Blu-ray and DVD. And now that we’re talking seasons, David Lynch recently stated he’s not ruling out a 4th season of Twin Peaks.

Twin Peaks: The Third Season cover art

Twin Peaks: Season 3 on DVD and Blu-ray

David Lynch addresses a potential fourth season of Twin Peaks

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/09/david-lynch-addresses-a-potential-fourth-season-of-twin-peaks/

"It took me four and a half years to write and film this season," the auteur filmmaker told fans

That divisive ending to Showtime’s Twin Peaks: The Return was, depending on your interpretation, either absolutely definitive or completely open-ended. As such, some viewers are adamant that the series is finished, while others would love to see where David Lynch would take the next chapter of his magnum opus.

So what does Lynch think? Well, he seems pretty casual about it all. He gave his first interview since the finale during a Skype talkback at Serbia’s Belgrade Culture Centre, who is currently hosting his “Small Stories” photo exhibition, and during it responded to fan question regarding a potential fourth season by saying it’s too early to say whether it would be a possibility. “It took me four and a half years to write and film this season,” he said, so fans would have to be patient.

Lynch also addressed a question regarding the fate of Audrey Horne, but was characteristically cagey. “What matters is what you believe happened,” he said. “Many things in life just happen and we have to come to our own conclusions. You can, for example, read a book that raises a series of questions, and you want to talk to the author, but he died a hundred years ago. That’s why everything is up to you.”

A new season, on the other hand, is up to him. And, for its part, Showtime has already made clear that their red door is always open.

6 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

“Many things in life just happen and we have to come to our own conclusions. You can, for example, read a book that raises a series of questions, and you want to talk to the author, but he died a hundred years ago. That’s why everything is up to you.”

Fingers crossed. If another limited series sounds bloated for some I wouldn't mind another film like Fire Walk With Me.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Last question now for a while.

How did Cooper end up in the "White Lodge" during part 1?

Was the white lodge the place where he went into the wall socked and got out?

I never knew we even saw the white lodge. So many open questions and no answers. Lynch is right about making up your own mind, but I'm the kind of person who wants answers all the time. I don't like things left undone.

I think Audrey was in a mental hospital. It looked like she was in a straight jacked.

I'm not going to dwell on another season. I just wish Cooper had more time with the sheriff's office of Twin Peaks. I loved them together.

25 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Who knows. If I had to take a guess it would be after Laura Palmer went into it after Fire Walk With Me. There's been too much retcon to give an accurate answer

Retcon, plot holes?

9 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I never knew we even saw the white lodge.

I just wish Cooper had more time with the sheriff's office of Twin Peaks. I loved them together.

Wasn't that space or the mauve zone where we meet Naido and "Ronette?"

Where did "The Fireman" come from?

Me too it seemed far too brief. Do you think that was intentional?

On 9/18/2017 at 6:43 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I never knew we even saw the white lodge. So many open questions and no answers. Lynch is right about making up your own mind, but I'm the kind of person who wants answers all the time. I don't like things left undone.

I think Audrey was in a mental hospital. It looked like she was in a straight jacked.

I'm not going to dwell on another season. I just wish Cooper had more time with the sheriff's office of Twin Peaks. I loved them together.

1. That was a part of The Black Lodge. MIKE tells Cooper that he was tricked by Laura's doppelganger. Cooper wasn't supposed to leave until Evil Cooper was brought back first. I think that explains why things got screwy in the timeline.

2. Nope. From my own personal experience Audrey wasn't in a mental hospital. They don't have swivel mirrors in nut houses because you can break them and hurt yourself and/or others. All of the mirrors are like paper thin and mounted to walls. There was never indication given she was in one but got confirmation she was in a coma after the bank explosion in the season 2 finale but we don't know for how long.

3. If you need everything wrapped up in a bow then I suggest you stay away from his first film Eraserhead LOL. There are ways to have something open ended that can be satisfactory but it has to be executed so that it makes sense in the film's internal logic. I don't need everything explained or have all of the answers but give me enough to where I can fill in the blanks. I like to be able to sit and meditate, dream, theorize, and basically draw my own conclusions. You can use surrealism as a device, like the old show did, but not have it be the entire focus.

On 9/18/2017 at 7:07 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Retcon, plot holes?

Wasn't that space or the mauve zone where we meet Naido and "Ronette?"

Where did "The Fireman" come from?

Me too it seemed far too brief. Do you think that was intentional?

1. Retcon is to take something old and rewriting it. In Fire Walk With Me, Judy was originally supposed to have been a physical human being (Josie's sister) but that got retconned into Judy being a dark negative force. They retconned Diane as being Cooper's love interest when it was originally Annie. That part still pisses me off as that was nothing but fan fiction as far as I'm concerned.

2. I think that is a part of The Black Lodge. It's not explained but there are enough indications that it is.

3. Who knows. That's another thing they retconned. I'll always call him The Giant not The Fireman because the latter just sounds stupid rolling off the tongue LOL

4. Completely intentional.

• 1 month later...

Necro-bumping this thread for news.

Exclusive “Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier” Audiobook Excerpt Reveals The Death Of A Character From The Original Series

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-the-final-dossier-audiobook/

With only a week left until the official release of Mark Frost’s Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier, Audible has listed the digital audio version of Mark Frost’s Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier in their extensive library. Just like on The Secret History of Twin Peaks, Annie Wersching reprises her role as (now) Blue Rose Task Force member Tamara Preston. No other voice actors have been confirmed.

Before the 3-hour audiobook becomes available on Halloween (midnight PST on October 31, 2017) —completely free for those who haven’t tried Audible yet— here’s an exclusive 150-second excerpt which reveals the tragic demise (and birth name) of a character from the original series by way of a priceless autopsy report by the always eloquent FBI Special Agent Albert Rosenfield.

Edited by Jabberwocky