"It's so Easy and Other Lies" the movie

Isn't the biggest obstacle to a GNR movie be the music rights? It would have to have all members of the GNR partnership sign off on it, otherwise it would be a GNR movie without GNR music. I have a hard time believing that Axl, Duff, and Slash would agree to a script.

I suppose they could go another route and not use GNR music. It was done with Velvet Goldmine, the pseudo David Bowie biopic.

Apparently the new Jimmi Hendrix movie is the same. Couldn't get the license to use Jimmi's music. So in the scenes where he is playing live, they used the covers that he played. (Watchtower, Hey Joe)

With all the covers that GNR are known for,this could be a possibility.

Isn't the biggest obstacle to a GNR movie be the music rights? It would have to have all members of the GNR partnership sign off on it, otherwise it would be a GNR movie without GNR music. I have a hard time believing that Axl, Duff, and Slash would agree to a script.

I suppose they could go another route and not use GNR music. It was done with Velvet Goldmine, the pseudo David Bowie biopic.

Apparently the new Jimmi Hendrix movie is the same. Couldn't get the license to use Jimmi's music. So in the scenes where he is playing live, they used the covers that he played. (Watchtower, Hey Joe)

With all the covers that GNR are known for,this could be a possibility.

Yeah that's true. I can think of like 15 covers the band have done live that stretch across all their different eras...but I feel like that would really weaken a potential GNR film. I feel like something will just be out-of-place.

Hasn't the Hendrix biopic gotten negative reviews cuz of the fact that they didn't use any actual Hendrix songs?