Yesterdays (1988)

I'm kinda shocked to realise how little you guys seem to know about GNR when GNR was GNR.

I can't believe all you guys have never heard this one! It's been circulating for years...

From GNR ON TOUR = http://www.gnrontour.com/setlistalm88.htm

01.14.88 - Coconut Teaszer, Hollywood, CA
set: I Got A Line On You, Wishing Well, Communication Breakdown, Scarred For Life, Sentimental Movie, Yesterdays, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Born To Be Wild, Honky Tonk Women
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: This band is known as the Drunk Fux - Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, West Arkeen & Del James. The first performance of 'Yesterdays,' Axl mentions they will try to record it next week. Axl sings lead on 'Yesterdays' & 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door,' and shares vocals on 'Honky Tonk Women.'

I tried to find a download link but I couldn't find any, sorry.

The entire show is terrific, specially "I Got a Line On You" (a Spirit/Randy California cover) and "Scarred For Life" (a Rose Tattoo cover), which are great songs.

It's just too bad Axl doesn't sing all the songs.

• Like 1

I have the cd if anyone wants a copy

THE DRUNKS
HOLLYWOOD,CA:COCONUT TEASZER
1/14/88
Cassette Master -> Untracked Aiff File -> Soundforge -> FLAC
01. I Got A Line On You (cuts in)
02. Wishing well
03. Communication Breakdown
05. Sentimental Movie
06. Yesterdays
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Born To Be Wild
09. Honky Tonk Women
West Arkeen
Del James
Slash
Duff McKagen
Steven Adler
Axl Rose on tracks 6,7,9
Edited by Gibbo 27

I don't normally complain about anything regarding the bands sound on any of the releases, but I wish Axl had sung that song a lot cleaner than he did on the album version. It's such a great tune both musically and lyrically, I just think that if Axl sang it similar to his voice on Live Era or Chinese Democracy, it would have sounded a lot better.

That's great great song anyway! There is also a demo version from 1986...

But...does anyone knows why official video has been removed from youtube (and many other videos with this song) and from videos list on their official site?

Edited by Kater

I don't normally complain about anything regarding the bands sound on any of the releases, but I wish Axl had sung that song a lot cleaner than he did on the album version. It's such a great tune both musically and lyrically, I just think that if Axl sang it similar to his voice on Live Era or Chinese Democracy, it would have sounded a lot better.

ban pls

• Like 1