UK subs stepping down as admin

UK SUBS

From the moment I registered here 10 years ago, i've known Subs. We've worked together a lot over the past few years, from me being added as a Mod, and now transitioning into an Admin role, Subs has been nothing but kind to me.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the staff on the best damn GN'R community on the net and you will be missed bro.

With that said, ER and I are here and will do every thing in our power to keep the ball rolling. It's going to take awhile to get used to not seeing Subs working with us but we have to make the best out of it. The man has dedicated his life to this place and I can proudly say I am happy I had the opportunity to work with him here.

Thanks again bud, we will keep in touch ;)

• Like 3

Honestly, what's the point man.

I don't get it. You retain ownership of the site. Why not just remain as an admin and have a laid back approach to this situation? Sure, you claim you have no time to admin. I get that. But ultimately you will still call the shots because this is YOUR property, unless there is something else going on.

Something doesn't seem right with me.

Frankly it's none of my business. I enjoy my time here but ultimately all good things must come to an end and personally I'm surprised a website dedicated to an 80's band has stood this long already.

I've seen many admins and mods leave through my time here. I'm just saying that I think you should keep your admin status or tell us specifically where you see this site going in the future.

Thanks Subs and get back to me.

• Like 2

IT'S ALL FALLING APART!!! THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!! MASS HYSTERIA!!!

So.... On to raping, pillaging, rioting and looting then?

If violence doesn't solve your problem, you're clearly not using enough of it! ^_^

Edited by username

Honestly, what's the point man.

I don't get it. You retain ownership of the site. Why not just remain as an admin and have a laid back approach to this situation? Sure, you claim you have no time to admin. I get that. But ultimately you will still call the shots because this is YOUR property, unless there is something else going on.

Something doesn't seem right with me.

Frankly it's none of my business. I enjoy my time here but ultimately all good things must come to an end and personally I'm surprised a website dedicated to an 80's band has stood this long already.

I've seen many admins and mods leave through my time here. I'm just saying that I think you should keep your admin status or tell us specifically where you see this site going in the future.

Thanks Subs and get back to me.

illuminati conspiracy.

Didn't mean for that to sound negative if it came across that way.

I didn't take it as an insult or anything, my reply was meant to be in good humor. But yeah, I was originally a moderator here back in...2009 I think? Something like that? And I have been a moderator since Subs bought the forum -- I became an admin probably around a year ago or so, maybe a little less than that, I don't recall exactly.

I don't have as much free time as I once did, which is why after HV announced to Subs and myself that he was going to be leaving, I really thought it would be better to bring at least one extra admin on board, and Forsaken has been doing a damn great job, and I'll be first to admit he's been doing way more behind the scenes than me lately, so I sincerely thank him for that.

Ultimately my interest in GN'R isn't at its peak these days (though it'd spike right back up if they put out another record or something), but the MyGNR community is such an integral part of my formative years that the idea of letting it die is quite unappealing. I remember posting here as a teenager getting into arguments with zint and adnan over music and debating film with Angelica and Ohmydistortedsmile (great guy, he needs to come back); Chris Axl promising to eat his hat; luis and Slash; "inside jokes" like that, which no one outside this forum would ever understand.

It's at this time that I'd like to announce publicly that I tried to e-mail Luis to ask him to come back to the forum for a celebrity guest interview, but unfortunately his Hotmail e-mail address is no longer in service. :(

• Like 3