What Is Harassment?

magisme

It's unbelievable how many people have been suckered in by this very sly, heavily edited video that, if anything, has racial overtones.

If I walked around New York for ten hours, focusing on the areas where the ethnic makeup of the community is 99% black/hispanic, and then edited down my interactions on the street to a 1 and half minute video I'd have just as much material that I could call harassment. Particularly when I include normal human everyday interactions such as hello, hi, good morning, good evening etc and label them as harassment.

This video is bullshit. There is, at best, two incidents that could possibly qualify as harassment.

I guarantee you that if she walked through Wall Street and the more affluent areas of the city she would have a very different video.

And as someone pointed out elsewhere, a lot of the guys sitting down calling out to her are doing so because they are selling stuff.

Of course there is a request for donations at the end to a non-profit dedicated to ending street harassment. Fucking hilarious. Yet I guarantee thousands of idiots handed over money.

• Like 2

there were a couple of moments on the video that were harassment, but a lot of it was just people saying high like you see every day everywhere you go. the guy standing next to her and staring at her for 5 minutes was creepy.

• Like 1

It's unbelievable how many people have been suckered in by this very sly, heavily edited video that, if anything, has racial overtones.

If I walked around New York for ten hours, focusing on the areas where the ethnic makeup of the community is 99% black/hispanic, and then edited down my interactions on the street to a 1 and half minute video I'd have just as much material that I could call harassment. Particularly when I include normal human everyday interactions such as hello, hi, good morning, good evening etc and label them as harassment.

This video is bullshit. There is, at best, two incidents that could possibly qualify as harassment.

I guarantee you that if she walked through Wall Street and the more affluent areas of the city she would have a very different video.

And as someone pointed out elsewhere, a lot of the guys sitting down calling out to her are doing so because they are selling stuff.

Of course there is a request for donations at the end to a non-profit dedicated to ending street harassment. Fucking hilarious. Yet I guarantee thousands of idiots handed over money.

Really great post.

Why should she have to walk around smiling. Maybe she has an lot on her mind, women get told to smile all the time by random men. It used to happen and lot when I was out on my own without kids. Why should I walk around like a gurning idiot? No one is telling the men to smile whilst they are going about their business or enjoying some peace in a park or cafe or waiting for an friend to arrive in a bar.

Striking up a proper conversation is fine but yelling out or passing comment just gets old very quick. As a female you very quickly from a young age become aware of this stuff and start to develop a radar. For every 9 out of 10 of these guys they are harmless and annoying but there's always one who goes too far. I remember being a teenager, waiting for an friend at a bar, I ordered a drink and this guy starts on the whole smile darling thing, I give him a polite brush off then next thing he just grabs me hard right in the crotch. With hindsight I should have smacked him round the head and reported but being 17 I was so shocked someone would do that so publicly I just legged it out.

Seriously this kind of crap stays with you and you become wary and more stand offish. I think I've said this before but by the time I was my early twenties I didn't have a single female friend who hadn't been subjected to some form of harassment or assault whether it be mild, such as cat calling or flashing right through to serious assault and rape.

I can see why basically nice guys who want to get a girls attention don't see the issue. They wouldn't because they don't live as or think like an girl.

Now that's a great post <3

• Like 3

I just had to go and vomit after reading the amount of retarded replies this thread got. :vomit:

So many psychos in this forum who think saying "good morning" or "hello" to random women it is a normal thing?? Then why dont you salute guys too??

This video shows harrassment to females in every way there is out there (but not so bad as it can be found in other countries). What's the fucking sickening point of saying hello, goodbye, whatever to someone you don't know? It is a blatant LIE that you do it our of politeness... yeah, right.... if the girl indeed replied back, that would be the initial kick this bunch of rapists need to fully display their intentions of forcing themselves onto a woman.

"Picking" women on the street is for lowlives like the ones in the video, it is an ancient practice from 1542. I cant believe in 2014 women still have to deal with this useless, retarded way of male approach. No one in their right mind should EVER pay attention to any guy who wants to initiate contact this way. It is rude, pathetic, useless, creepy, violent and outdated.

Long live to headphones, earphones and any other form of invisibilization of male turds in the street!

• Like 2

I just had to go and vomit after reading the amount of retarded replies this thread got. :vomit:

So many psychos in this forum who think saying "good morning" or "hello" to random women it is a normal thing?? Then why dont you salute guys too??

This video shows harrassment to females in every way there is out there (but not so bad as it can be found in other countries). What's the fucking sickening point of saying hello, goodbye, whatever to someone you don't know? It is a blatant LIE that you do it our of politeness... yeah, right.... if the girl indeed replied back, that would be the initial kick this bunch of rapists need to fully display their intentions of forcing themselves onto a woman.

"Picking" women on the street is for lowlives like the ones in the video, it is an ancient practice from 1542. I cant believe in 2014 women still have to deal with this useless, retarded way of male approach. No one in their right mind should EVER pay attention to any guy who wants to initiate contact this way. It is rude, pathetic, useless, creepy, violent and outdated.

Long live to headphones, earphones and any other form of invisibilization of male turds in the street!

Give us a kiss and calm down eh Sugartits? ;) xxx

Groghan and the rest of you cavemen (joking - more or less): saying hello is okay, like MB said, but do you really think it's okay to shout 'smile for me' at someone you don't know? Or 'why don't you talk with me?' Or even 'Hello, gorgeous. Learn how to take a compliment'? Never mind walking next to her for five minutes.

It is not okay... Why is it okay? Hello for what???

Do you realize that hello is not a genuine "hello"? They don't want to know how you are, hell, they don't even want to greet you! It is a call to action, just like when you open a website and you see a green button screaming "BUY!" "GET IT!".... It is like Facebook's poke, a deceiving way to call your attention and hopefully you will look at them, say hello back or any other sign that gives them the clue of you wanting to have contact with them..

Now, why would a woman (or man) should be interested in initiating contact with a random guy on the street? She's in the street probably heading somewhere else (job, school, friends house, shopping, etc.)... Why should she deviate from her routine to give attention to some random guy?

And what if that female is not heterosexual? What's up with that, huh?

I'd so much love to see a video where some guy starts harassing this way other men in the street... Can you imagine how heterosexual men would react? I bet my ass the person would take a punch in the face at the very first attempt of saying "hello, gorgeous" or whatever.

This world is fucking twisted.

Found the militant lesbian.

As a lesbian, I give it to your father and mother both ways, up and down, 7 times a week and I got them asking for more.

Edited by tinyrobot
  • Like 2

Groghan and the rest of you cavemen (joking - more or less): saying hello is okay, like MB said, but do you really think it's okay to shout 'smile for me' at someone you don't know? Or 'why don't you talk with me?' Or even 'Hello, gorgeous. Learn how to take a compliment'? Never mind walking next to her for five minutes.

Do you realize that hello is not a genuine "hello"? They don't want to know how you are, hell, they don't even want to greet you! It is a call to action, just like when you open a website and you see a green button screaming "BUY!" "GET IT!".... It is like Facebook's poke, a deceiving way to call your attention and hopefully you will look at them, say hello back or any other sign that gives them the clue of you wanting to have contact with them..

Now, why would a woman (or man) should be interested in initiating contact with a random guy on the street? She's in the street probably heading somewhere else (job, school, friends house, shopping, etc.)... Why should she deviate from her routine to give attention to some random guy?

I'd so much love to see a video where some guy starts harassing this way other men in the street... Can you imagine how heterosexual men would react? I bet my ass the person would take a punch in the face at the very first attempt of saying "hello, gorgeous" or whatever.

Huh? I just say hello to everyone, man or woman, ugly or pretty, old or young. That's just what I meant, just saying hello, good morning, good evening. I've no ulterior motives, I'm just being nice. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Huh? I just say hello to everyone, man or woman, ugly or pretty, old or young. That's just what I meant, just saying hello, good morning, good evening. I've no ulterior motives, I'm just being nice. :shrugs:

In the street to random people?

Find it odd.....

Find it odd.....

Yes, to random people. I don't live in a big city, I don't do that there, because I couldn't possible greet all people there :lol:

Find it odd.....

Yes, to random people. I don't live in a big city, I don't do that there, because I couldn't possible greet all people there :lol:

Well, I understand and yes, that is usually a custom in small towns but the thing with what's being discussed here is that men do not salute women out of politeness, otherwise they would say it to everybody, young and old, male or female.

Let's don't buy that BS, please and your type of politeness it is not in discussion.... I do say hello to people in my neiboughood as well, to the people who work for me, I greet whoever is working in shops and places I go to get services and goods. But it is never with a sexual intention behind.

• Like 1

In my country we great eachother or shake our heads when passing by. It's just a common thing. Entering an elevator and such. Not a female/male thing. We do that out of politeness. No other motives.

I am wondering, how men would feel, after a long annoying day at work and girls shout to you day in day out from the other side of the street:

Hello little boy!

Hello baby, you look hot

nice ass baby

Can you smile for me gorgious boy?

And when you don't smile back or say 'thank you', you get an 'you arrogant ass'! Arrogant much? Or: you should say 'thank you' grumpy bitch.

It's not fun you know. Sometimes you just want to get from A to B, without contact, you are in a bad mood and just need to get going. Guys wanting to make you smile, seems nice. But what if you don't want to smile? You had some horrible news or something? And why do they want to make you smile in the first place? Leave me alone.;).

Anyway, see how degrading tinyrobot is treated? I am sorry, so she is a feminist, why is that bad? I am one as well, maybe less outspoken. Why are some of you putting her down for not wanting to be treated as a piece of meat walking the streets?

Edited by MB.
  • Like 3

In my country we great eachother or shake our heads when passing by. It's just a common thing. Entering an elevator and such. Not a female/male thing. We do that out of politeness. No other motives.

I am wondering, how men would feel, after a long annoying day at work and girls shout to you day in day out from the other side of the street:

Helo little boy!

Helo baby, you look hot

nice ass baby

Can you smile for me gorgious boy?

And when you don't smile back or say 'thank you', you get an 'you arrogant ass'! Arrogant much? Or: you should say 'thank you' grumpy bitch.

It's not fun you know. Sometimes you just want to get from A to B, without contact, you are in a bad mood and just need to get going. Guys wanting to make you smile, seems nice. But what if you don't want to smile? You had some horrible news or something? And why do they want to make you smile in the first place? Leave me alone. ;).

Anyway, see how degrading tinyrobot is treated? I am sorry, so she is a feminist, why is that bad? I am one as well, maybe less outspoken. Why are some of you putting her down for not wanting to be treated as a piece of meat walking the streets?

I want you to make us a vid, MB. :lol:

We're seriously saying a man can't tell a woman she looks beautiful? That's what we're going with?

I'm not even going to address the people who have a problem with hellos. FFS. :lol:

What? You asked the women's bitches advice, and now you're just ignoring us?

We're seriously saying a man can't tell a woman she looks beautiful? That's what we're going with?

I'm not even going to address the people who have a problem with hellos. FFS. :lol:

What? You asked the women's bitches advice, and now you're just ignoring us?

What did I ignore? You didn't say hellos were bad, did you? I love you. Please tell me you're not that crazy. :lol:

I would find it to be a very demeaning act if a random man I had never even seen before would come up and and say good morning to me solely because of my gender if I was a woman.

Once I heard a construction guy say such horrible horrible thing to a girl passing by that I had to refrain from going up to him and hit him with a brick. That time I wish there had been an officer around so I could testify in favor of a girl.

Saying hello seems naive compared to the obscenities I usually hear in the streets, but at times, it is as annoying as the most sordid words because you wonder why they do that and what's the purpose of it..... I'd like to know if that way of picking people in the street still works for men...

• Like 2