What Is Harassment?

magisme

Analogy completely misunderstood. :lol:

Much like this entire thread and most of the males posting in it.

The thread and the males are misunderstood? :lol:

Yeah that's what I meant. You pretty much highlight the point. Anything else you'd like to misunderstand?

Based on your performance in this thread, I hope you think I misunderstand. You need to find Jesus, or talk to someone, or something.

I'm not the one asking the internet how to make friends. But perhaps you're right, maybe I should embrace talking to a strange man on the street. You never know, the guy telling me I have a nice ass could potentially be the future father of my children. Solid advice, thanks man.

:lol:

You've gone off the deep end entirely.

• Like 1

You know what 90% of the fellas are gonna do when they read that right? :lol:

Sign it I hope. I thought sexual assault in the street was the one thing we all agreed upon being wrong.

Yes, I've heard several times that I'm insane, thank you. I also want to ban all communication between the sexes, I'm vain, I hate all men, I'm a raging feminist, I don't understand what the word hello means.....and some other nonsense, I can't remember them all now. All good stuff. And I've been called this simply because I don't want to be bothered when I'm walking down the street. Imagine that, some women would just like to get to their destination without someone needing their attention. I guess that makes her fuckin nuts.

Everything aside, do you truly not get that? That a person might just want to be left alone and get to where they are going without being bothered or distracted. And while you may think the possibility that it could escalate is some fantasy, it does happen, rarely, but how can you know when? It's in the back of our minds, and that doesn't make us paranoid, but you can't possibly know what kinds of experiences we've had. I've never viewed the streets as a social setting, and sure that's partly because of where I grew up, but I'm not the only woman who feels that way. Videos were posted from other countries, this isn't just a NY thing. I think it was Osrys who said if I pass you by and smile too, it's sort of unspoken that I'm ok with it. But if my head is down, I don't make any sort of extended eye contact, I ignore you when you speak and keep walking past you, isn't that a signal that I'm not interested. And while you may say of course, not all guys take it that way.

Is it wrong to want men to maybe show a little more sensitivity and understanding on how a woman might feel in these situations? I'm not crazy, I'm just tired. Myself and others have been dealing with it for years. The answer shouldn't be change what you look like or, the way you get to work or, you don't have the right not to be bothered, but that's the answers I've gotten. Do I really want legislation, no, not particularly, but I would like things to change. That doesn't make me crazy either. Look, I can own a gun but I choose not to. I can get an abortion, but in all likelihood I wouldn't. I think gays should be allowed to marry, even though I'm not gay. There are laws I agree with, laws I don't, and laws that don't affect me. I don't see things changing, and this thread doesn't give me hope that it ever will. I don't want to take away your right to approach a woman, but why not engage with one who seems receptive as opposed to one who clearly isn't. And I don't mean you as in you, I'm talking in general terms. By all means if she's gazing back, smiling, a nod of the head, go for it. The thing is, I don't give any inclination that I would be the least bit interested and it still happens, that's my problem, that's the problem for most of the women here, the unsolicited attention. And not just the rude remarks, even a hello. If she doesn't look receptive, then why. Have you ever not answered the phone because you didn't want to talk to someone at that time, did you ever wait to respond to a text because you just didn't want to be bothered right then. And these are people you know. It's not somehow a better situation with a complete stranger.

I can only bow down to you and give you a long extended applause because you have expressed your feelings, our feelings, in a way that if there's still someone neglecting our experiences and opinions, it can only mean they are as obtuse as a rock.

This thread should end here and now, because there really isn't anything else to say and you shouldn't sweat so much trying to explain things to people who are taking this issue with such a selfish approach. They simply don't understand, never will and what is worse, they don't care about us.

The whole time, most males replying this thread (except for one or two) tried to turn the story into a problem of "theirs", as male victims of feminism. Very few displayed a genuine concern with the female problematic; very few got to fully understand why a simple greeting has become a burden to so many women, and most of them only want to make sure their right to keep bothering women in the streets, with their unsolicited attention, will remain intact, regardless of what the crazy bitches feel about it...

Grab your bags and lets get off of this thread! :popcorn:

Edited by tinyrobot

Yes, I've heard several times that I'm insane, thank you. I also want to ban all communication between the sexes, I'm vain, I hate all men, I'm a raging feminist, I don't understand what the word hello means.....and some other nonsense, I can't remember them all now. All good stuff. And I've been called this simply because I don't want to be bothered when I'm walking down the street. Imagine that, some women would just like to get to their destination without someone needing their attention. I guess that makes her fuckin nuts.

Everything aside, do you truly not get that? That a person might just want to be left alone and get to where they are going without being bothered or distracted. And while you may think the possibility that it could escalate is some fantasy, it does happen, rarely, but how can you know when? It's in the back of our minds, and that doesn't make us paranoid, but you can't possibly know what kinds of experiences we've had. I've never viewed the streets as a social setting, and sure that's partly because of where I grew up, but I'm not the only woman who feels that way. Videos were posted from other countries, this isn't just a NY thing. I think it was Osrys who said if I pass you by and smile too, it's sort of unspoken that I'm ok with it. But if my head is down, I don't make any sort of extended eye contact, I ignore you when you speak and keep walking past you, isn't that a signal that I'm not interested. And while you may say of course, not all guys take it that way.

Is it wrong to want men to maybe show a little more sensitivity and understanding on how a woman might feel in these situations? I'm not crazy, I'm just tired. Myself and others have been dealing with it for years. The answer shouldn't be change what you look like or, the way you get to work or, you don't have the right not to be bothered, but that's the answers I've gotten. Do I really want legislation, no, not particularly, but I would like things to change. That doesn't make me crazy either. Look, I can own a gun but I choose not to. I can get an abortion, but in all likelihood I wouldn't. I think gays should be allowed to marry, even though I'm not gay. There are laws I agree with, laws I don't, and laws that don't affect me. I don't see things changing, and this thread doesn't give me hope that it ever will. I don't want to take away your right to approach a woman, but why not engage with one who seems receptive as opposed to one who clearly isn't. And I don't mean you as in you, I'm talking in general terms. By all means if she's gazing back, smiling, a nod of the head, go for it. The thing is, I don't give any inclination that I would be the least bit interested and it still happens, that's my problem, that's the problem for most of the women here, the unsolicited attention. And not just the rude remarks, even a hello. If she doesn't look receptive, then why. Have you ever not answered the phone because you didn't want to talk to someone at that time, did you ever wait to respond to a text because you just didn't want to be bothered right then. And these are people you know. It's not somehow a better situation with a complete stranger.

Maybe you should just move out of the shitty city in which this happens. Several of us that live in not New York have mentioned how cordial and not rapey our cities are. But then you wouldn't be able to talk about how much betta you are for livin in the greatest city in the world.

This song has absolutely no meaning whatsoever to this thread, but it's a hella great taping. And it just makes everyone so happy when they hear it! Mardi Gras is fast approaching! Let's change this thread to posting Youtube video's! Let's bring in something positive! I love, love, love this! Nawlin's music!

I almost tl;dr-ed you, but I decided not to be a dick. :lol:

You know, if we could have had a reasonable conversation from the beginning you would have found that I agree with like 95-99% of what you say here. I don't agree with the "hello" stuff, and I don't agree that anyone has a right not to feel bothered, especially when "bothered" is so vaguely defined, but most of the rest of what you say here is completely understandable in my book, and, like I've said in post after post after post in this thread, I appreciate that this is an emotionally charged issue for women, and I recognize that harassment is a real thing, and I'm sorry you guys have to experience it.

You know, if we could have had a reasonable conversation from the beginning you would have found that I agree with like 95-99% of what you say here. I don't agree with the "hello" stuff, and I don't agree that anyone has a right not to feel bothered, especially when "bothered" is so vaguely defined, but most of the rest of what you say here is completely understandable in my book, and, like I've said in post after post after post in this thread, I appreciate that this is an emotionally charged issue for women, and I recognize that harassment is a real thing, and I'm sorry you guys have to experience it.

Fuck that! You man up and grab asses and all that good shit in public right now! There are plenty of great, spacious caves that no one occupies out there right now. No means yes and sexual harassment is a myth. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1

So I read the first few pages of this thread. Then I skipped to the last few pages...and people are essentially saying the same thing at the end as they did at the beginning.

I'm just giving dating advice. Punches to the cocksucker and draggings to the cave will get you laid each and every time. Backed by a 10 year Damn_Smooth guarantee.

Fuck that! You man up and grab asses and all that good shit in public right now! There are plenty of great, spacious caves that no one occupies out there right now. No means yes and sexual harassment is a myth.

Obviously that's what I do and think in real life. I'm just trying to make some female allies on the forum so I can maybe sleep with them if we ever meet in the flesh.

• Like 1

Fuck that! You man up and grab asses and all that good shit in public right now! There are plenty of great, spacious caves that no one occupies out there right now. No means yes and sexual harassment is a myth.

Obviously that's what I do and think in real life. I'm just trying to make some female allies on the forum so I can maybe sleep with them if we ever meet in the flesh.
Great strategy. I guess you do have to find out where they're at before you can knock them out. I've personally been hitting the gym so I can drag 2 at a time. I do love me some threesomes.

We have tried to have a reasonable discussion, the first obviously empathic post I can recall from you was to MB a few pages back and now to P4A. The early part of this thread you seemed mostly combative alongside posting facetious status updates. I'm not going to apologise for not taking you seriously earlier on. Not sure why you've changed tack but if you get it now, great.

• Like 4

Women are lucky, at least someone somewheres waving the flag for em, i wish there was a fuckin' issue made around scrawny asian lads getting their head kicked in around the South East when i was a kid :lol:

Why isn't that an issue? It should be. Actually in my country they are trying to better certain neighberhoods in the country and it's really needed as well.

Edited by MB.

Women are lucky, at least someone somewheres waving the flag for em, i wish there was a fuckin' issue made around scrawny asian lads getting their head kicked in around the South East when i was a kid :lol:

Yes, we feel so lucky! :lol: I'll be an advocate for scrawny Asian kids too, just tell me where and when and I'll be there.

• Like 1