What Is Harassment?

magisme

For the guys who participated in the discussion in this thread, you must feel more aware now, whether you agree with us or not. The next time you see this behaviour in the street you will think of the ladies in this thread, your friends, and you will empathize just a little bit more. I know you will. And for that, the 60 pages was worth it.

We have tried to have a reasonable discussion, the first obviously empathic post I can recall from you was to MB a few pages back and now to P4A. The early part of this thread you seemed mostly combative alongside posting facetious status updates. I'm not going to apologise for not taking you seriously earlier on. Not sure why you've changed tack but if you get it now, great.

I agree. Well said.

• Like 1

Women are harassed. You don't have to look hard to see it, You can be walking down the road with someone..and you see it. You hear it. (The nasty lewd shit, I'm all for polite friendly conversation between strangers, Who wouldn't be?!) It's not to say it's a gender problem though. Some people are just idiots. "What men should realise.." "What women don't understand.." that's all bollocks. Don't do that. Don't lump me with the rest of em.

For the record, I wouldn't approach or say hi to a girl with a mug on like the girl in the NYC video.

I'd probably hop to the other side of the street if I could. :lol:

She's a definite butterface. I've seen 300 lb women get the same love from 'da homies.

Women are harassed. You don't have to look hard to see it, You can be walking down the road with someone..and you see it. You hear it. (The nasty lewd shit, I'm all for polite friendly conversation between strangers, Who wouldn't be?!) It's not to say it's a gender problem though. Some people are just idiots. "What men should realise.." "What women don't understand.." that's all bollocks. Don't do that. Don't lump me with the rest of em.

Agreed.

I was talking to a friend once bout this topic who said she would get 'harassed' by men since the age of 14. I am just surprised at the level of it!

Not sure where else to put this. WTF is this guy doing? :lol:

http://www.businessinsider.com/rosetta-scientist-matt-taylor-wore-sexist-shirt-for-philae-launch-2014-11

After Rosetta Project Scientist Matt Taylor wore the shirt while talking to reporters during a global livestream of the comet landing, people watching took to Twitter in frustration:

B2P1UPJCMAAVpBX.png